#BagBattles - What's Yours?

My hybrid vs the first thing that challenges. the putter is probably more useful right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently stuck in between a Epic 3 wood and Epic SZ 3 wood. Going to hit the range and try both out and see what happens!

Very specific for me - it's a Pitching Wedge head-to-head.

I love the CBX wedges, I've got my CBX 46° on the way, and now I will be working out if I do a straight replace of my set PW (Ping Karsten 45°), or can the two co-exist?

The Ping is graphite shafted, hits it high and long, with nowhere near as much spin as the other CBXs I've got, so could it become a 10i for me for full shots, and the CBX takes over for anything that needs even a semblance of finesse? Or can the CBX do the lot and gap under my 9i?

edit: Well that didn't take long. The CBX goes higher, just as far and feels lovely.

Last edited:
For no good reason a 3 way battle broke out at the 4W slot. The incumbent is a Ping G15 that just looks, sounds and performs great for me. When I'm swinging well it's one of my favorite clubs in the bag. One knock would be that it seems to have a little "left" in it. Not good at times when that is my typical miss.

Two challengers just arrived this week. Callaway Steelhead 4+ and Callaway BB Alpha 816 cranked to 16*.

Distance won't be the main factor. I'm judging on consistency off the tee with no left tendencies, and the ease of hitting off the deck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I got a chance to do round 1 of battle outdoors. The things I was doing with the Steelhead and Alpha were just filthy. I honestly don't think I have ever hit a club so well during one session.

Performance between both are so close I can't pick a winner. Distance wise I couldn't discern a noticeable difference at an outdoor range. The Steelhead appeared to have a slightly higher launch but peak height looked very similar.

Both were equally easy to hit off the deck or from a tee. Accuracy was the main thing I was looking for and again I'm not sure I can see a difference. Both also seem to be very similar in the forgiveness department. I had a few shots with each that weren't hit on the screws and they ended up way better than expected.

The best part is that I was really able to go after the ball with both clubs and didn't have a single shot go left on me. If I'm splitting hairs I would give the edge to the Steelhead so far based on sound and feel. It has more of that titanium sound to it and the ball feels like it is springing off the clubface more so than with the Alpha.

There will definitely need to be a round 2 before a winner emerges.

I got a chance to do round 1 of battle outdoors. The things I was doing with the Steelhead and Alpha were just filthy. I honestly don't think I have ever hit a club so well during one session.

Performance between both are so close I can't pick a winner. Distance wise I couldn't discern a noticeable difference at an outdoor range. The Steelhead appeared to have a slightly higher launch but peak height looked very similar.

Both were equally easy to hit off the deck or from a tee. Accuracy was the main thing I was looking for and again I'm not sure I can see a difference. Both also seem to be very similar in the forgiveness department. I had a few shots with each that weren't hit on the screws and they ended up way better than expected.

The best part is that I was really able to go after the ball with both clubs and didn't have a single shot go left on me. If I'm splitting hairs I would give the edge to the Steelhead so far based on sound and feel. It has more of that titanium sound to it and the ball feels like it is springing off the clubface more so than with the Alpha.

There will definitely need to be a round 2 before a winner emerges.

Current battle is for the fw slot: 17’ M2 tour vs. Rogue SZ. I won’t know till i get them on the course in a few weeks time.

Irons: have some MP15s with LZ shafts showing up today. See if hey can bump out my MP5s with Ctapers.

Incoming:

MP18 vs i200 vs.... P790....

Marxman gets it's first chance on the course this weekend, along with the Rogue 5H. Should be interesting to see how they stack up. Playing a course I'm very familiar with so should be able to get a good feel for them.

G400 LST vs. C300

Love the G400, but I've always been a W/S homer, so I am very intrigued by the C300.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll have the C300 before I leave for Florida. Would have loved to put them up against each other if great conditions.

After duking it out for the past month or so the battle between 816 Alpha and EX10 Beta has come to an end.

The Callaway triumphs and the Exotics is headed to the attic. There's just no way I can turn my back on the shot to shot consistency and ease of hitting fairways I get with the 816 Alpha. The Ex10 made a strong case with some wicked ball speed but this ain't a driver contest - and it's clear to me now that ballspeed plays a really small role when it comes to needing a club to fill a specific need.

Army, which loft do you have on the 816?

Some interesting battles going to be happening in my bag...

Driver: Going to be working through Epic, Epic SZ, G400 LST, and maybe C300. I hope this one will be settled before the end of April.

Irons: C300 Forged proved they deserve to be in the bag, but I still have the i200s which I enjoyed last season, and I added 716 CBs to the mix as well. Wilson Staffs are holding-down that primary gamer bag position, right now, and it'll take a really good iron to supplant them.

Some interesting battles going to be happening in my bag...

Driver: Going to be working through Epic, Epic SZ, G400 LST, and maybe C300. I hope this one will be settled before the end of April.

Irons: C300 Forged proved they deserve to be in the bag, but I still have the i200s which I enjoyed last season, and I added 716 CBs to the mix as well. Wilson Staffs are holding-down that primary gamer bag position, right now, and it'll take a really good iron to supplant them.

C300 and C300 Forged...Battle over!

C300 and C300 Forged...Battle over!

It could end-up just like that, but #BagBattles wouldn't be as fun if there wasn't some back-and-forth. LOL

M1 vs Mizuno ST.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

First, a confession: I clicked on this link thinking to add a joke about the stupid golf bag being too tall for me, but quickly realized that #bagbattles isn't actually about battling with your golf bag. #n00b

Second, I'm amazed how you guys can tell the difference in these clubs, because I sure can't yet, and how you have all these options open to you! A degree here or there sounds infinitesimally small right now! I had to buy a full set of beginner-intermediate clubs, as women's sets seem to go from beginner to advanced without much in between, and I didn't want to have to swap out quickly.

One day in the next year or two, I'll probably have to upgrade with a custom set (an expense I REALLY don't want to think about). Right now, I'mma sit on the sidelines, eating some popcorn, and happily watch you all and learn :popcorn:

And just like that, the Epic has ousted the Epic SZ and G400 LST. Not necessarily the longest, but decent length and much more consistent.

The C300 Forged had another really good showing, so they are strengthening their hold as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

P790 in hand TUESDAY to throw down with the MP18 and i200's for the bag!

This should be a good one.

This should be a good one.

Fun. Fun. Fun.

Winner gets custom Recoils? lol

What shaft will you be using?

My usuals in the i200 and MP18's (Recoil F5 and MODUS3 120X have been in the i200 and MODUS3 120 are in the MP18's now). For the P790, went for the first time with what I'd been fit to in the past (didn't because my body doesnt hold up well to them) the KBS C-Taper S, soft-stepped.

Looking forward to this - curious how the launch compares between this and the ping i200s

Battle Royale right there! My money is on the MP-18s :cool:.

Well it didn't take long for the Newport 2 to get the Elevado CB out of the bag.

Gotta be careful though....Scotty land can get real expensive real fast.

Yet another 6 iron(Maltby PTM Forged) fails to stay in the bag as my trusty 6 hybrid gets put back in play. One day I will find a club to kick out the 6H

Took my set 5 iron out the last 3 times I played and now the Apex 5 hybrid is in danger of landing in the extra clubs bag. The set 4 iron was in the bag for one round and swiftly returned to the extra bag.

Back