2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easier to get pumped for an am class. I need to get pumped for my class this evening.

Evening classes are so hard to get motivated for. I would rather get up at 5am then work out in the evening. Good luck!!

Thanks, I'm not doing this again. Gonna stick to early

Evening classes are so hard to get motivated for. I would rather get up at 5am then work out in the evening. Good luck!!

Then there is the hyper feeling from the endorphin release.

I never feel like I'm going to go to sleep after working out later in the day.

My goal was to drop 10 lbs by Xmas and have got off 6 lbs, but since I have been fighting the Shoulder / Hip issue I have not weight trained at all and it sucks. I love weight training and hate Cardio.
Since the shoulder shots last week things are feeling pretty good, going to try some mild weights and avoid any excessive shoulder strain and get the blood flowing again. I hate feeling weak, and maybe a little weights will get me ambitious enough to do a couple of miles of walking.

The Doc says 96% of my Shoulder issues are Bench Pressing related, as a young man 300 lb. benches were goal for some reason and as recently as 3 years ago 250 was not out of the question when feeling the oats. Paying dearly for it now and it is scary how fast the Muscle turns to nothing without weekly work and Golf does not count unfortunately.

Thanks, I'm not doing this again. Gonna stick to early

You will kick a$$ tonight and then schedule in the morning after that. Working out first thing makes you feel great all day long and helps you sleep so well at night.

Then there is the hyper feeling from the endorphin release.

I never feel like I'm going to go to sleep after working out later in the day.

Same here. After along day, the last thing I want to do is work out.

So I have really gotten into drinking tea lately. Acid Refulx runs in my family and coffee was becoming hard for me to drink without feeling sick after so I switched to tea.

I just picked up some amazing flavored teas and they are hitting the spot for my nightly sweets craving. I am currently drinking a white chocolate peppermint tea that tastes just like the holidays, it's caffeine free and no fat or calories. I am a big fan!

I rocked out 45 minutes on the treadmill tonight. I planned on going 30, but I just sort of got into a zone and just kept going, and before I knew it, I was at 45 minutes. I always feel so good after a nice cardio workout.

Ass kickedby a 110 lb trainer. So glad I went.

Ok last week wasn't the best. Gained a lb. No big deal and I expected that. Have 2.5 weeks to hit a goal mark for the end of the year. It's very doable, just need to get it done.

You got this dude. Remember the reward for making it!

Yeah buddy. You liking Orange Theory?

I am, it hurts but so worth it when hour is over. Using muscles I kind of let get away from me

So today I decided that it was a good day to start working out again. I have put on some weight as I have been fighting through some depression/anxiety stuff again, but am looking to turn that around here in the next couple of months. Now that I am in the club clash event in april, I know I need to get things moving a little faster. Today I walked on a decent incline for 60 minutes on the treadmill and tommorow I plan on starting to lift again. I have been working on trying to eat better the last couple weeks and am going to continute this. I have had a lot of success with a lower carb approach in the past and am going to go that route again. I really want to lose weight to help me on the golf course and to just be healthy again. If people have things that have worked or different ideas I would love to hear them.

I am, it hurts but so worth it when hour is over. Using muscles I kind of let get away from me

Awesome dude. I got 3 free classes to use since GG signed up and I think I am going to try it.

Awesome dude. I got 3 free classes to use since GG signed up and I think I am going to try it.

Do it, it's humbling but seems to be working.

I hear that dude. Glad you are digging it.

Im planning on it. I dont mind the humbling part, but seeing how much you and GG are enjoying it and the calories being burned, I am up for it. Have some goals to reach by PGA Show.

It's very humbling. I had the worst numbers in the class, and there were some ladies in there who easily had 20 years on me. But I still got a great workout in, and it gives me something to push for. I will find that green zone someday.

Im planning on it. I dont mind the humbling part, but seeing how much you and GG are enjoying it and the calories being burned, I am up for it. Have some goals to reach by PGA Show.
You'll dig it. I am a fan of the live stats you can see. Plus, getting competitive during a workout certainly ups the burn a bit.

It's very humbling. I had the worst numbers in the class, and there were some ladies in there who easily had 20 years on me. But I still got a great workout in, and it gives me something to push for. I will find that green zone someday.

I was green for first 20 and then orange and red the rest. Keep burning cals like its my job.

That's why it's such a great workout though, finding that zone to get in the ultimate workout.

You'll dig it. I am a fan of the live stats you can see. Plus, getting competitive during a workout certainly ups the burn a bit.

So true! I kept sneaking a peek at my neighbors row machine to see where she was at and I was trying to match or beat her. I didn't because I am so far out of ship it's laughable, but it was a fun little internal competition for me.

I'm right there with you. Goons keep at it and eat right before the new year so it's not a challenge every time I have an event or function. #Lifechange

I was green for first 20 and then orange and red the rest. Keep burning cals like its my job.

I only spent 6 minutes in the green, the rest was orange and red. It's because my cardio endurance is horrible! Having the treadmill at home is going to hep me a ton. I plan on doing a run tomorrow and Wednesday and then I have another OT class on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back