Whatever happened to......

PKorf

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
When I think back on the last 20-30yrs of PGA Tour golf, I often wonder what ever happened to certain tour players who had a ton of promise or played well but not well enough to win a bunch of tourneys. There are always 2 main guys that I wonder about...

#1: Ty Tryon
ty_tryon_story.jpg

#2: Anthony Kim
Anthony-Kim-001.jpg

Any others you can think of???

Casey Wittenburg

Tiger Woods
Well, to be fair to the spirit of this thread, most of us know what happened to TW. I would say very few know what happened to Ty Tryon.

Wittenberg

Man I completely forgot about THAT dude....

There was a decent article about AK a few months back that talked about his situation with injuries and everything.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well, to be fair to the spirit of this thread, most of us know what happened to TW. I would say very few know what happened to Ty Tryon.

HA....Yea I mean the kid had his tour card and sponsorships at 17

Tiger Woods
Really? That early in the thread, Nathan? :wink:

There are tons of them that come to mind. Camilo Villegas would have been on my list but he just showed up on the leaderboard last week! I was shocked!

What about Stuart Appleby? I haven't seen him around in ages.

Aaron Baddeley?

I don't watch the news and I stay out of the TW theads so was an honest question. No worries, I'll try again.

TC Chen

I don't watch the news and I stay out of the TW theads so was an honest question. No worries, I'll try again.

TC Chen
I pulled a TC Chen at a THP event once! It was at an outing and I was in a match against JB. The coolest part was I wedged it, the ball was in the air and I plucked it right out of the sky with my follow through, so it was like a delayed 2nd hit. Awesome!

Mystery Meat

I pulled a TC Chen at a THP event once! It was at an outing and I was in a match against JB. The coolest part was I wedged it, the ball was in the air and I plucked it right out of the sky with my follow through, so it was like a delayed 2nd hit. Awesome!

We use to try and replay that shot in HS all the time around the greens in practice. Very hard to do with the intent to do! You are skillful Hollywood!

Whatever happened to......

Really? That early in the thread, Nathan? :wink:

There are tons of them that come to mind. Camilo Villegas would have been on my list but he just showed up on the leaderboard last week! I was shocked!

What about Stuart Appleby? I haven't seen him around in ages.

Aaron Baddeley?

Bads played well a couple weeks ago but that's a good one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We use to try and replay that shot in HS all the time around the greens in practice. Very hard to do with the intent to do! You are skillful Hollywood!
Thanks buddy, few have the wedge game that I do. It was awesome I was shocked, and the thing is the first hit was going to be a fairly decent shot until I caught the ball some 3 or 4 feet later and smacked it into the bunker.

How about....Ricky Barnes? Until last week he was not on the map...(think it was last week)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of these guys mentioned you just have to look way down the leaderboard each week.

Some of these guys mentioned you just have to look way down the leaderboard each week.
And probably still pulling in about 3 or 4 million bucks a year! Thank you very much!

JJ Henry. Where's he at these days??

And probably still pulling in about 3 or 4 million bucks a year! Thank you very much!

JJ Henry. Where's he at these days??

Won a tournament and made over a million last year in prize money.

Sergio Garcia!? Look at him leading the Honda right now. He sure has sucked lately.

Who did? JJ Henry? He won a tournament last year?

Ok, it was the Barracuda Championship, but still a PGA tournament although pretty watered down, lol!

Back