The Breakfast Burrito

That is stupid easy.

yup even I could do it.

There is a small local place that used to be on my corner before they moved to a different location in town. I love their breakfast burritos. Here are the 2 that I used to get often.

Foghorn Leghorn Burrito -Scrambled eggs, shaved steak, american cheese, sauteed onions & peppers

Eye Opener Burrito - Scrambled eggs, taco beef, refried beans, cheddar, chopped onion & jalapeno

It's all about the green chile the rest is just filler. If you have a good green chile you automatically have a good breakfast burrito.

yup even I could do it.

There is a small local place that used to be on my corner before they moved to a different location in town. I love their breakfast burritos. Here are the 2 that I used to get often.

Foghorn Leghorn Burrito -Scrambled eggs, shaved steak, american cheese, sauteed onions & peppers

Eye Opener Burrito - Scrambled eggs, taco beef, refried beans, cheddar, chopped onion & jalapeno

Taco beef in a breakfast burrito is delicious. Throw some sour cream in there too and it's heaven.

Taco beef in a breakfast burrito is delicious. Throw some sour cream in there too and it's heaven.

they serve the sour cream on the side. No wonder we are friends.

The Breakfast Burrito

First thing is home made flour tortillas. That's the base that sets up the masterpiece. Next some refried beans spread out and then your choice of

Diced tomatoes/onions/jalapeños sautéed
Scrambled eggs with diced potatoes mixed in
Chorizo is good, but I prefer fresh pork carnitas
Bacon
Fresh Mexican Oaxaca cheese
Avocado
Salsa of choice, I prefer a tomatillo, but it's your preference.

Last edited:
My favorite breakfast burrito in Phoenix, from Lenny's Burger Shop. Chorizo, egg, potato and cheese. This thing is huge so some golf balls for some perspective.

4e00c3dd7e83df284799d9a51cae3997.jpg

b50220052cbd81fde8bef8237a015e77.jpg

the points are strong with that one

That's a giant breakfast burrito, good grief

First thing is home made flour tortillas. That's the base that sets up the masterpiece. Next some retried beans spread out and then your choice of

Bacon
Avocado
Can we come over to your house for breakfast? I'm really hungry now!

That is one large burrito!

My favorite breakfast burrito in Phoenix, from Lenny's Burger Shop. Chorizo, egg, potato and cheese. This thing is huge so some golf balls for some perspective.

I predict Fupis forum time will be quite quite in about an hour....

I predict Fupis forum time will be quite quite in about an hour....

Dude, this thing is Breakfast AND Lunch. If I tried to gut the whole thing in one sitting I would need a nap and a wheelbarrow to get to my car.

Dude, this thing is Breakfast AND Lunch. If I tried to gut the whole thing in one sitting I would need a nap and a wheelbarrow to get to my car.

Hahahahah

They need to use a different brand of chorizo, not enough grease is coming out of that. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

First thing is home made flour tortillas. That's the base that sets up the masterpiece. Next some refried beans spread out and then your choice of

Bacon
Avocado
Mike, have you tried Chorizo de San Manuel? HEB usually carries it and it is made back home. The owners are good friends of the family.

Just use the wheelbarrow you used to bring it into the office.

For this gringo, Central Market buttered flour tortillas, scrambled eggs, maple cured bacon, hashbrowns and shredded Mexican cheese.

For this gringo, Central Market buttered flour tortillas, scrambled eggs, maple cured bacon, hashbrowns and shredded Mexican cheese.
Those are pretty good tortillas.

You lost me at maple cured.

This thread fueled my need for a breakfast burrito this morning. I stopped at Taco Bell. Meh. I will call it the Gardenburger of breakfast burritos.... It has some relationship to the real thing, but isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back