If we can get Rory back to playing a bit better and Rickie continuing his 2015 season, we have a chance at a heck of a 2016.

it reminds me of the LPGA of recent years. I don't think it's a bad thing at all. I don't get caught up in who is number 1, but man I love seeing these guys going at it and playing well. Throw Rory in the mix and perhaps Bubba or Fowler. Could be a crazy good 2016.

it reminds me of the LPGA of recent years. I don't think it's a bad thing at all. I don't get caught up in who is number 1, but man I love seeing these guys going at it and playing well. Throw Rory in the mix and perhaps Bubba or Fowler. Could be a crazy good 2016.
I've loved seeing these young guys rise up, has made for some really enjoyable golf. From a growth of the game standpoint, are they moving the needle enough to make up for tiger's decline? Which is more enjoyable for fans, a dominant force or a heck of a competition at the top?

If we can get Rory back to playing a bit better and Rickie continuing his 2015 season, we have a chance at a heck of a 2016.
I was talking with Maddog about this the other day. I'm excited for a great year of golf. And I think if Rory gets back to the 2014 end of the year Rory, no one touches him.

Absolutely!!! I think Spieth and Bubba are playing this weekend.

Not that it really matters since they haven't really started playing "next season" but that just seems so wrong to me - neither play but there is movement between them in the rankings. I guess it has to do with tournament results from last year dropping off based on time which is not unfair but still.....

Using past performance to predict future success - not a perfect system, but what's better?

I look at it as more of a 2-3 way tie.

I like the back and forth. IMO it pushes the guys to play well each week knowing they have a chance to claim or hold onto #1 spot.

Also makes for good banter on who is better at the moment because one may have the title but others maybe playing better for a recent stretch

Swapping places without playing is really kind of crazy to me but I do understand it is a rolling total so if a good one falls off for one and the other had a better next tournament it works. I am looking forward to watching all of the young guns jockey for #1 next year, all of the top 6 could actually have a great year and be #1 at the end of 2016.

It does seem like it shouldn't change with them not playing. I do like that it is that close though it does keep it interesting. They both had incredible seasons last year so fun to watch.

It would be fun to watch them all battle for the top!

In the big picture it is really great that there are so many fun young players at the top, who in any given week, can come out ahead. Will be interesting to see whether JD and/or JS can take some of their momentum and break away this coming season.

Oh yeah! This would be very fun to watch.

I agree. Should be a lot of fun to watch.

It is going to be a great season. I think a lot of the young guys are finding their potential. I also hope some of the older guys on tour step it up to really make it interesting!

Back