What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a really rough start today, but righted the ship on the back 9.

47/38 - 85 on a course with a slope/rating of 72.9/136.

Last edited:
Had a really rough start today, but righted the ship on the back 9.

47/38 - 85 on a course with a slope/rating of 79.9/136.
79.9? Holy sh!t

That's the struggle. How do you find confidence to hit the ball well when you can't hit the ball well because you lost the confidence? I go to the range and hit it well, but it just doesn't transfer to the course. I'll have at least one more round before I'm stuck using the heated range and that is definitely a focus when I am on the course.

It's tough sometimes. I try to use the positive visualization of a drive that I've hit well on that hole before so I'm not uptight on the tee...er, less uptight than usual.

You can do it! Remember, we're playing golf, not golf swing (credit blugold)..let it rip!

79.9? Holy sh!t

Nope. That's a big typo. 72.9.

From the blended tees at Pinnacle Country Club in Rogers, Ar. It's host to the LPGA's Walmart open.

Nope. That's a big typo. 72.9.

From the blended tees at Pinnacle Country Club in Rogers, Ar. It's host to the LPGA's Walmart open.
Haha dyslexia at its best, huh buddy? 85 is a decent round, I'm sure you left a few out there

I think that was a typo. I mean Whistling Straits from the Black is 77.2 and slope of 152.
And I thought my course was tough with 74.6/148...

That's the struggle. How do you find confidence to hit the ball well when you can't hit the ball well because you lost the confidence? I go to the range and hit it well, but it just doesn't transfer to the course. I'll have at least one more round before I'm stuck using the heated range and that is definitely a focus when I am on the course.

All in the mindset. Gotta just be positive. Golf is hard, always will be, but the mind is a weapon if you let it be.

It's just golf. Play Golf. Love golf.

I would hope it's somewhere in the 7,500+ yardage and it's not just maniacal. That would be nuts!!
From the forward tees...

I would hope it's somewhere in the 7,500+ yardage and it's not just maniacal. That would be nuts!!

7776 from the backs. It's a hard freakin course when it's windy.

7776 from the backs. It's a hard freakin course when it's windy.

That's no problem for the distances on the net

I think Dubsdread is a 78+ rating from the tips. #easypeasy

Me too or worse. But I'd sure like to do it once lol

I've always said I want to experience a course from 7,500+ but never do it.. For good reason I'm sure.

Maybe in Texas... or Colorado... During a drought.

I think Dubsdread is a 78+ rating from the tips. #easypeasy

Yeah, I'd round that up to 78 and 80.2 for the women from the blues!

(from http://www.coghillgolf.com/Dubsdread; forgive the bizarro formatting)

COURSE RATING/SLOPE (M&W)
Black - M 77.8/151
Gold - M 75.8/144
Blue - M 73.9/138, W 80.2/150
Combo - M 72.9/136
White - M 71.9/134, W 78.1/145
Green - M 70.2/130, W 76.1/141
Forward - M 67.5/124, W 72.8/135

Hole-by-Hole-Scorecard---Dubs.jpg

Yeah, I'd round that up to 78 and 80.2 for the women from the blues!

(from http://www.coghillgolf.com/Dubsdread; forgive the bizarro formatting)

COURSE RATING/SLOPE (M&W)
Black - M 77.8/151
Gold - M 75.8/144
Blue - M 73.9/138, W 80.2/150
Combo - M 72.9/136
White - M 71.9/134, W 78.1/145
Green - M 70.2/130, W 76.1/141
Forward - M 67.5/124, W 72.8/135

Hole-by-Hole-Scorecard---Dubs.jpg

Oh it's sub 78? Pssh, too easy. And not enough bunkers

It's just golf. Play Golf. Love golf.

Absolutely correct! One way to get back on track is just have fun out there - don't keep score, drop some extra balls - after any bad shot, just do it again - keeps the pressure off and let's you just swing - don't think about mechanics, just feel the swing and enjoy.

81 from the tips at the club I just joined. Not too bad considering this is the first time ive played it. 7k yrds, 140 slope and a 75 course rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back