The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laptop died suddenly. Not being able to revive it so far. Not happy.

Laptop died suddenly. Not being able to revive it so far. Not happy.
Have you tried turning it 90° to the right and then pressing the power button?

(warranty?)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Have you tried turning it 90° to the right and then pressing the power button?

(warranty?)

Hah...yeah it is out of warranty. I am going to open it up again and check a few more things/test if I am getting power at all from the power supply. Not real hopeful though.

Hah...yeah it is out of warranty. I am going to open it up again and check a few more things/test if I am getting power at all from the power supply. Not real hopeful though.
Too bad you don't come through B'more anymore. There's a Russian computer chop-shop that could definitely have set you up with the right components.

The Official Rant of the Day

It's going to be 70* pretty much all week here, but it goes dark at 5:30 now. Would love to go for a quick 9 after work but can't due to light. Such a tease.

It's going to be 70* pretty much all week here, but it goes dark at 5:30 now. Would love to go for a quick 9 after work but can't due to light. Such a tease.
You live in NorCal??

Though it does make the early morning rounds pleasant.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Ok, while I'm sitting in the car while my wife is shopping, busy THPing with classic rock cranked up, I didn't notice her Durian smoothie was melting. Not nearly as good when the ice cream melts. :(

I'm never drinking again.
I think I may have a problem. A Troy cop showed up at our Halloween party last night with a breathalyzer. After NINE HOURS of drinking, I blew a 0.09…. Barely drunk after 9 hours of drinking. Yay.…? The next lowest was 0.13.

Why would you give up on something you're so good at?!

Ok, while I'm sitting in the car while my wife is shopping, busy THPing with classic rock cranked up, I didn't notice her Durian smoothie was melting. Not nearly as good when the ice cream melts. :(

... Hopefully it tasted better than it smelled. :D

I wish there was a "WTH" option next to the "Thanks" option. Some people's comments today could definitely use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish there was a "WTH" option next to the "Thanks" option. Some people's comments today could definitely use it.

Haha "wtf" button... I like it

I want to throw my work computer out my window. Word has been "processing" for 10 minutes and it's a click and wait game with any online stuff. How do they expect me to THP at work with this POS?

IT has had me scheduled to get a new machine for a month now, but they've yet to be seen.

I want to throw my work computer out my window. Word has been "processing" for 10 minutes and it's a click and wait game with any online stuff. How do they expect me to THP at work with this POS?

IT has had me scheduled to get a new machine for a month now, but they've yet to be seen.
If it's windows, get IT to install CCleaner and a good crapware cleanup program.

If it's windows, get IT to install CCleaner and a good crapware cleanup program.

Yeah I've done all that. I used to work in IT. It's just an old machine. It crashed on me once last week.

Most things that are done at my full time job make no sense I can't get out of this place soon enough.

Yeah I've done all that. I used to work in IT. It's just an old machine. It crashed on me once last week.
Sounds like it's time for a positive horizontal displacement (the shorter the impulse the better).

This could be the day I finally punch someone at work.

Dude sticking his nose where it doesnt belong, questioning me on stuff that is above his pay grade and frankly none of his business, talking about saving a few bucks a week in interest and I told him look in the grand scheme of things thats not a big concern of ours at the moment. And I shouldnt be answering any questions from him at all as it doesnt concern him 1 bit

If you do please video tape it

I mean he wanted to stand there and argue with me about it.

I told him straight up "Look its not my money, Im done taking it personally like it is, its in the CFO's hands, if she wants to do something great, if not $2K a month isnt going to sink this ship"

Hes one of those guys that when they have "giveaways" or rewards and recognition complains to everyone the cost of that should just get divided up and deposited into peoples checks

I mean he wanted to stand there and argue with me about it.

I told him straight up "Look its not my money, Im done taking it personally like it is, its in the CFO's hands, if she wants to do something great, if not $2K a month isnt going to sink this ship"

Hes one of those guys that when they have "giveaways" or rewards and recognition complains to everyone the cost of that should just get divided up and deposited into peoples checks

Show him the video of Hashtag and the shovel. That will shut him up

Meeting today for all the managers. Boss got off on a rant about how we should be prepping stuff numerous days in advance, instead of the one that we are now.

Standoff ensues, meeting ends early due to over-reaction. Swearing and ridiculousness follow.

Good to know I am not the only one looking for work in the off hours.

It feels so much later than 2:40. The time change is lame.

Hate when people hide something knowing I'm going to find out anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back