Srixon Z 355 Irons Review

Thanks, JB. I appreciate your reply. I just don't want to be defeating or negating the benefits of the design.

If you get a chance, try them out. My father plays an inch long and ordered that way and has had no issues.

JB, I will try them out. Thanks for mentioning your father playing the 355s an inch long.

BTW, I am all set to order the 545s with Recoils. But with the release of the 355s, I would really like to hit them first before I place my order. I am interested in seeing the differences.

Just got fittet for these !! Im a 33 handicapper. Been playing for around 6 months, and the first 4 months was on a very small pay and play field, just to see if golf was something i wanted to get into. The set i had, was just a very low budget beginner no name set, wich i was told was a knockof of a 15 year old callaway set. But it did the trick, without spending to much money on golf, before i was sure, it was something i would get into. So yesterday i thought, i was ready to get my first set, that would last me me a good while, and play myself down in handicap.

Tried several iron sets, firstly ping g30, if was those i had my eyes on from the begining, but that felt very heavy for me. Tried 6-7 sets, in the end we narrowed it down to two sets - Taylormade RSI 1 and Srixon 355. Tryed different shaft options, but in the end i walked away with a Srixon 355 set with stiff steel shafts. Not sure what shafts though hehe. Still very new to golf. Those just felt amazing to hit.

I still have lots of bad hits, but when i hit it solid with the srixon set, it was about 185 yards with a 6 iron. Not sure if it was with roll or carry. Wasnt asking to many questions, i just wanted a set, that felt just right, when i hit it good !

Next up is a Driver. Found a used Mizuno JPX 800 with stiff shaft, thats plenty good for now, since im struggeling the most with hitting the driver. So untill i get better with the driver, im not gonna put to much thought into buying a new one,

The guy that did the fitting also cut down the irons about an inch, and he did the same with my second hand driver

Overall im very happy with with my choice. Bought from 5 to PW and then two wedges, wich suitet the gaps nicely

that's great! Welcome to THP and enjoy the new sticks. Make sure you give us some more feedback as you get out with them.

that's great! Welcome to THP and enjoy the new sticks. Make sure you give us some more feedback as you get out with them.
I want to try these next time we golf

Congrats Leska...Welcome to the game and the site. I have my eyes on those irons as well.

Will take about 14 days to get the irons :( Since they have go get cut down and get the grips i choose aswell. Think there was 5-6 grips i could choose from

The fitter didnt do anything to the lie angle for now, since my swing is still unstable, so we left it standard, then i can always come back later, when i feel my swing is more stable, and see if any changes need to be made

But ill write about them, as soon as i have them, and taken them to some pratice and out on the course

Spent some time on the range with these today and really think ddec nailed it with his review. Solid, performing and no real glaring weakness make this a set that fits a large number of golfers.

Spent some time on the range with these today and really think ddec nailed it with his review. Solid, performing and no real glaring weakness make this a set that fits a large number of golfers.

really a just a solid total package.

These are an iron I can't really get out of my head. I've got the 545 and like them a lot, but the few swings I took with ddec's when we played I liked everything about. There's a lot of forgiveness and launch there, in a package that looks a lot smaller than it plays (if that makes any sense).

Cant wait til I can try these out sometime, especially after spending so much time with 545s

I had a chance to hit the 6i at the Up & Down event and loved it. Really want these in my bag

Just got them back from the fitting ! And drove down to the range quick to try them out ! Only did 30 mins or so, before it got to dark :( Didnt get of till late from work :(

Used a no name set before, and from what i was told it was a knockof of some 15 year old cleveland irons

I love these irons already ! Good amount of extra yards from them, what i can tell from the quick time on the range. And the sound it makes, when you make good contact with a bold, just awesome ! I did get 2 wedges aswell. Cleveland RTX 2.0 Satin in 52 and 56. I havent hit a wedge, untill now. The beginner no name set i had, before this set, did have a sand iron, but it was with a big cavity bag. So the wedges will take some getting use to, but so far the set i got built just seems awesome and feels awesome ! I cant wait till sunday, when i get it out on the course !! And they seem really easy to hit. I got from 5 to pitch. And the looks on the set overall just looks amazing aswell :)

Can highly recommend them so far, even though i havent put them to the real test yet.

Will report back sunday, when i had them out on the course

These are an iron I can't really get out of my head. I've got the 545 and like them a lot, but the few swings I took with ddec's when we played I liked everything about. There's a lot of forgiveness and launch there, in a package that looks a lot smaller than it plays (if that makes any sense).

hit the 5 iron at joe and leighs today. nice looking set of irons. i could only hit into a net but but ball flight with the 5 was launching up there for sure. pretty good feel to it and a nice sound. very easy to hit and the ball rockets off of a strike made out toward the toe, i know these things, lol. what i find surprising was that the sole width in the 355 is more narrow than the 545....

hit the 5 iron at joe and leighs today. nice looking set of irons. i could only hit into a net but but ball flight with the 5 was launching up there for sure. pretty good feel to it and a nice sound. very easy to hit and the ball rockets off of a strike made out toward the toe, i know these things, lol. what i find surprising was that the sole width in the 355 is more narrow than the 545....

I think the new sole design (sharper initial edge) might make it look a little thinner, but the 355 seemed bigger to me when I was playing out of ddec's bag. The 355 are such a nice size for the launch you get out of them. Really great profile

Has anybody hit these irons with both the Nippon steel and the Miyazaki graphite shafts? I was stunned to see the local golf store had these in but unfortunately they only have them in steel as I've been contemplating moving to graphite for fewer aches after driving range sessions. I really liked the feel of these irons and am curious if the graphite would be much difference. The graphite is 19 grams lighter with similar torque. Both say they are mid-kick point shafts. The Nippon steels would be a bit lighter than the TT XP95s I currently play - which are 101 grams with a little less torque. Any thoughts are welcomed.

I have. Albeit not for an extended period of time.
Im not a fan of the Nippon steel shafts though, so I am probably the wrong person to ask.

Did the Miyazaki shafts play true to flex and was ball flight much different than with the Nippons (I realize you didn't spend an exorbitant time with them)?

Did the Miyazaki shafts play true to flex and was ball flight much different than with the Nippons (I realize you didn't spend an exorbitant time with them)?

To me it did.
I know that THP will have another event with Srixon in 2016. Talk about a great way to spend time with the people that designed the clubs and test them out.

Thanks.

I thought the same thing about the 800's "triple cut sole", so I went out to the cave, and had a look. They are very similar, except on a smaller scale. The Mizuno sole is great.

brought these out to the range yesterday to compare with some others. These easily can be considered a top iron set for 2016. Just love the ball flight, the height, the distance, and forgiveness I get out of them. Side by side testing yesterday, hit them higher and longer than my Apex CF16.

Interesting on the longer part and I am wondering if part of that is clean contact due to sole design?

brought these out to the range yesterday to compare with some others. These easily can be considered a top iron set for 2016. Just love the ball flight, the height, the distance, and forgiveness I get out of them. Side by side testing yesterday, hit them higher and longer than my Apex CF16.

Big fan of high and long!

I won't speak for ddec regarding the Apex, but when I hit them, they were longer than the 545s on solid contact, and those have been some of the longer clubs I've ever had in the bag.

Back