M1 or Aeroburner fairway

garethw

Reaction score
Handicap
There appears plenty of loving for the M1 driver but little mention of its smaller sibling the fairway wood.

I am contemplating buying one after the success I am having with the driver. The other option is a Aeroburner fairway. I have a 4 hybrid and it is a like a comfort club for the 180 - 190 distance, so was thinking of a fairway as well. The difference in price is only around $90 USD.

Anyone with any experience of both these clubs?

My only experience with both is limited testing. M1 I loved. I didn't like the light head+long shaft of the aeroburner

I would go Aeroburner simply because it doesn't have the huge slot on the bottom. I hit my 3 wood from the fairway enough that getting stuff in that slot would annoy the crap out of me based on past experiences with the RBZ, which only had a small slot.

If you can find the TP model AeroBurner to save a few bucks I would. It was quite the rocket with the heavier Rogue available in the TP model.

I've hit the aeroburner outside and M1 inside only. Based solely off that I would give th edge to M1. I'm hoping in the next few weeks to hit M1 outside and see if it's just as good as th driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've hit both (indoors & out) and I own an AeroBurner TP 3 wood. Honestly, besides the obvious looks, they're damn near exactly the same performance wise. The only slight difference is the M1 looks a tiny bit more shallow sitting behind the ball. Like mentioned above, if you can find a good price on a TP version of the AeroBurner, I'd go that route.

I had a chance to borrow an M1 3w HL 17* set to +2* as well as an AeroBurner 5w 18*.

Off a short tee I found the M1 to be more accurate but off the deck and rough I preferred the Aero. The M1 just felt heavy to me off the deck. I'm a slower swinger. Usually hit a fairway around 190-205.

I assumed I swung the Aero a little faster because it was longer for me.

Wouldn't a more direct head to head comparison be between the M1 and R15 fairways? They both have identical sliding weight systems IMO.

Any further comparisons between these clubs? I just got my M1 driver and I'm quite impressed with it. I have the AeroBurner 3hl currently, how does the feel and performance of the M1 fairway compare? I haven't had a chance to demo the fairway but I'd love to be able to compare one set at 16.5 to my AeroBurner.

I hit the aeroburners clubs in a rental set for a round, I thought they were some of the worst sounding worst performing woods I had ever hit, kinda shocked me.

I've just gone through a fitting process for a new 17 to 18 degree fairway. Tried the 915, M1, Aero Burner and XR because they were the clubs that visually looked best to me at address. After playing with all I really was happy with the 5 in the Aero Burner. For me it was a weigh up between price, performance and sound. The Aero Burner won out because it gave me the gapping I needed and got off the ground easily in the 5. Normally I carry a 3 wood but have always struggled away from the tee with it. Depending on how far you carry your Driver, 3hl and 3 hybrid I'd see what suits your gaps best and really ask yourself if theres a reason to change from the HL 3 to something else or not... is there a particular reason you're considering a change?

I've just gone through a fitting process for a new 17 to 18 degree fairway. Tried the 915, M1, Aero Burner and XR because they were the clubs that visually looked best to me at address. After playing with all I really was happy with the 5 in the Aero Burner. For me it was a weigh up between price, performance and sound. The Aero Burner won out because it gave me the gapping I needed and got off the ground easily in the 5. Normally I carry a 3 wood but have always struggled away from the tee with it. Depending on how far you carry your Driver, 3hl and 3 hybrid I'd see what suits your gaps best and really ask yourself if theres a reason to change from the HL 3 to something else or not... is there a particular reason you're considering a change?

There is not a specific reason I'm looking to switch. I'm mainly so impressed with how the M1 driver felt to me that I'm curious to see how well the fairway feels. I like the feel of the AeroBurner but as a previous poster mentioned, it is just so light. The M1 is also light but just feels like it packs more of a punch when you hit it.

The experience I had with the M1 3HL was solid, really a solid club off the tee and fairway. Can't really compare it to the AB but I'd definitely give the M1 a solid look

Back