Signup Now: 2018 Project X HandCrafted Experience

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have not seen all of the details, you can find them at the link below. The greatest shaft event ever created is back and you get to design, roll and perfect your very own golf shaft.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...he-2018-HandCrafted-Experience-with-Project-X

i-DSxhDw2-S.png

When & Where
May 10th & 11th (this is a Thursday & Friday)
San Diego, CA
Project X Headquarters

#THCE
There will be some surprises
The experience will begin about a month before the event where you will get a shaft sent to you from Project X. This is called your baseline shaft and your job will be to test it out and take some notes for a few weeks about what you like and what you would change.

Once the event begins at Project X Headquarters, there would be a tour and then you will sit down with the experts and design your own shaft. Based on the current feedback as well as the performance notes from your baseline shaft, adjustments to flag sizes, material angles and more would be made. You will get to see torque, frequency, tip deflection change as your design gets adjusted. It might sound overwhelming, but trust me when I say with the team in place, this will be an unforgettable experience. You will be designing all of the properties of your shaft with the person that designs all of the Project X shafts that are created. This is the experience even tour players do not get done.

The next day would begin at Project X Headquarters again where you will hand roll your very own shaft. Then its off to graphics. Here you will work on design and color options for your completed project.

Qualifying
THP Events are held throughout the year and are incredibly unique ways to share a round or weekend with THPers and are filled with equipment, prizes and more. Your ticket to enter these events is the 2018 Albatross Club membership which goes to help a wonderful charity and for more information on that, click here.

Cost & What's Included
This is open to 7 THPers
The cost for the event is $349
This includes:
*Custom Shaft - You will create a 1 of 1 made specifically for you, by you.
*Round of Golf at La Costa
*Greens Fees
*Range Balls
*SWAG SWAG SWAG
*Private Room dinner at local brewery
*Contests
*And More

But Wait, There's More
Competition
This year we have added a competition to the round of golf (it will be handicapped of course). The winner will receive a prize that is amazing, but won't be unveiled till the event begins. Let's just say that the PX team put together something that will KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF! There will also be a play at home part to this, that is unbelievably cool for those on the THP Forum that follow along.

Post Event Winner
One aspect of this event is that after it ends, you are armed with a lot of shaft knowledge. The participant that does their best to help others on the THP Forum, reviews shafts, etc. will win entry into the second event that THP is hosting with Project X and True Temper later this year called The Ultimate Weekend of Golf. This is not just a golden ticket, but a full on paid entry into it. All you would have to do is show up and when the details come out about that one, you will realize how exceptional this prize is. This event will take place in September.

Signing Up
Entering is easy.

1. Send an email to admin@thehackersparadise.com with this information.
Current Driver Shaft Including Flex and approximate weight
Your Forum Name
Approximate Handicap
T-Shirt Size

2. Sit back and see if you are coming to the best shaft event ever hosted.

$100 deposit is required if you get in to hold your spot and the remainder will be due 30 days out from the event.

Last edited:
Don’t be afraid to sign up for this one. You know more than you think when it comes to fine tuning a shaft for your swing.

Good luck to all!

Boom! What I've been waiting for! Fingers crossed

So cool, fingers crossed!

Best of luck everyone!

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Signups are hot and heavy, good luck to those able to enter!

Damn the hits just keep coming THP is on a roll this year is awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Email in, hold your breath Don!

Great list of activities for this event, #THCE is definitely an event I need to get to someday! Good luck everyone trying to enter!

Good luck everyone!

Don't let this one pass you by, one of my favorite events each year. I love the creativity from everyone involved, seeing what the test shaft is and what changes are made. Plus...La Costa!

Putting event? lol

Don't let this one pass you by, one of my favorite events each year. I love the creativity from everyone involved, seeing what the test shaft is and what changes are made. Plus...La Costa!

I still remember all the discussions back and forth about what we thought the test shaft was. And we were all wrong! lol

Such an awesome event!

Pumped! Entry is in!

All these amazing events May and earlier are killing me! Damn my work blackout!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Im in! This would be awesome

Entry in: thanks JB! I would love to get this equipment education! Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck everyone!!!

Ah, this is killing me. One of the ones I've been looking forward to, only to find out we're going to a wedding in NC that Friday.

Sounds like this will be an amazingly fun time, as expected from THP and PX.

Always one of my favorite events to follow, and see the THPer/PX creations as they are delivered. I'm working on my schedule, right now, to see if there is a way for me to be free those days, before I send in my entry.

Very cool!

Ah, this is killing me. One of the ones I've been looking forward to, only to find out we're going to a wedding in NC that Friday.

Sounds like this will be an amazingly fun time, as expected from THP and PX.

I'm right there with you. This one has been right at the top of my list for a long time and I thought the dates were going to work, but I realized this morning that I have to travel May 10 and 11.

Good luck everybody!

Back