The Car Shopping Thread

It's amazing how much trucks have gone up. 10 years ago I bought my Titan with best in the class towing capacity, 4x4, middle of the line package with upgraded stereo and stuff like that for 25k plus tax and registration, I bet a comparable truck would cost me 45-50k today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much like I was country before country was cool, I drove a pick-up before pick-ups were cool. Perhaps, if they weren't so cool now, they would cost less.

I've noticed the super high sticker prices on trucks as well, but it seems like they're always running some huge discounts which makes them a bit easier to stomach. I was looking at a new F150 with a sticker of $53k, but before any haggling, they were already offering close to $12k off the price in rebates.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I've noticed the super high sticker prices on trucks as well, but it seems like they're always running some huge discounts which makes them a bit easier to stomach. I was looking at a new F150 with a sticker of $53k, but before any haggling, they were already offering close to $12k off the price in rebates.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

True, I have an invoice on my desk for a 2015 Ford F-150 Supercrew XLT 4x4 with a 5.0 V8. The MSRP before discounts is listed at $49685, the invoice price is $43807, that's a $5878 difference. Then when you figure in the current rebates of $5250 (or more if you have a Ford Direct Offer)...that's a total savings of $11128 on this truck.

So you could get this truck for $38557 + Doc. and taxes.

so the smart money is on f150? Do the Sierra's have these issues as the Silverado?

f150 raptor worth the money?
I've owned a silverado from 05 to 13. Never seen a spec of rust and I go fishing at my camp almost every weekend. And it's on saltwater marsh which eats metal loke its nothing. Bought an f250 two years ago and that pos has been in the shop more than the road. Got a new sierra a few months ago and no problems at all. Awesome truck!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Anyone have any experience with the kIA K-900. I have a car and a pickup in which I most likely will be buried in one of them. However, the wife routinely gets a new vehicle due to the mileage she puts on them and that she just likes having a new car. A friend of hers just got a new K-900 and the wife now is thinking about getting one. While it is in our budget, I asked her why a Kia, when for around the same price she can replace the 5 series Beamer or move to a Lexus or Benz. Given the other options at that price, does it really make sense to buy a Kia--aka Hyundai. Seriously, can anyone give me any personal experience info regarding the K-900-good or bad.
BMW covers all maintenance which is pretty hard to beat.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The Car Shopping Thread

So does Kia.

Biggest difference is BMW covers brakes and the coverage is 13000 miles longer. The cost savings is still not that huge when you look at what you are paying overall.

Biggest difference is BMW covers brakes and is 13000 miles. The cost savings is still not that huge when you look at what you are paying overall.

Considering brakes should last around 35k its hedging their bets, by marketing something that most wont use.

Considering brakes should last around 35k its hedging their bets, by marketing something that most wont use.

Very poor wording on my part, they cover brakes for the full 50k period. I believe they are e the only company that does so. That being said the brakes, on my car at least, actually wear very lightly. Many don't need them until after 50k. I expect new ones when I take the car in in the next few weeks.

A Kia or BMW? Not even a question on my end

Well, I pulled the trigger on Saturday.

2013 certified pre-owned Lexus GS350 F-sport. It's amazing. Coming from a 2010 Civic LX, I'm honestly overwhelmed with all the features - my favorite thus far is the ventilated seats...so nice when it's hot.

My sister got a 2016 Jetta sport yesterday. With the $2000 loyalty bonus it was a no brainer plus her car/my old car kind of dumped all of its oil out a couple of weeks ago. I can't wait to test it out over Christmas.

A Kia or BMW? Not even a question on my end

You might have a different budget than most people. A BMW is way higher in price range than your avg Kia...

There are a few expensive Kia's but not most. At least compared to BMW's.

You might have a different budget than most people. A BMW is way higher in price range than your avg Kia...

There are a few expensive Kia's but not most. At least compared to BMW's.

My budget is far less than you'd think. But if I can have a fully loaded 2 year old 328i BMW for the same price as a loaded Kia Optima, I'll go BMW every time.

I happen to know those two cars I just used for example are super close in price (in my area.) My buddy just bought a brand new A3 and I helped him look for about 3 months. We looked at almost every brand available in his price range. It came down to an A3, BMW 320i and a loaded Optima. All were within the same price.

My 1 series was $17k and not even 4 years old with 38k miles. I'm not trying to argue here. Just explaining my thoughts

My budget is far less than you'd think. But if I can have a fully loaded 2 year old 328i BMW for the same price as a loaded Kia Optima, I'll go BMW every time.

I happen to know those two cars I just used for example are super close in price (in my area.) My buddy just bought a brand new A3 and I helped him look for about 3 months. We looked at almost every brand available in his price range. It came down to an A3, BMW 320i and a loaded Optima. All were within the same price.

My 1 series was $17k and not even 4 years old with 38k miles. I'm not trying to argue here. Just explaining my thoughts

We chose the loaded Kia for GG because it has WAY more features she liked. I chose a one year old Lincoln for less than both of them and like it better than both.

We chose the loaded Kia for GG because it has WAY more features she liked. I chose a one year old Lincoln for less than both of them and like it better than both.

Like golf clubs, choose what you like and drive the he!! out of it!

Aren't options great?

yep, I would do the opposite and take the Optima...

My wife settled on the Kia K-900 because it has something like 400 horses and a sport package that she just went ga-ga over. For me, the decision was simple--happy wife, happy life, period. The only thing she didn't like was that she had to get a black one, she couldn't get a red one, she loves red cars. Since I plan to keep my old car and pick-up because I love them both, it's OK with me.

My wife settled on the Kia K-900 because it has something like 400 horses and a sport package that she just went ga-ga over. For me, the decision was simple--happy wife, happy life, period. The only thing she didn't like was that she had to get a black one, she couldn't get a red one, she loves red cars. Since I plan to keep my old car and pick-up because I love them both, it's OK with me.

There are certainly a lot of features there for the money. Great value I'm sure she will love it

Well, I pulled the trigger on Saturday.

2013 certified pre-owned Lexus GS350 F-sport. It's amazing. Coming from a 2010 Civic LX, I'm honestly overwhelmed with all the features - my favorite thus far is the ventilated seats...so nice when it's hot.

So yesterday, I'm driving home from work, and my Nav shows a little red flagged box pop up in the corner. I click on it with the little mouse contraption in the GS. It was a weather warning (Socal had a cold front pass by with some flash flooding possibilities from isolated but intense cells) and it had a radar overlay on my nav map! Freaking awesome!

I'm absolutely loving this thing. In sport+ mode with the paddles, the thing is rocket and handles like a tight car half its size. It's honestly as fast as my old 01 Bullitt Mustang and probably corners better. The F-sport brakes are gigantic, too. Dinner plate rotors. I'm not getting the best mileage, as a result...

now this is a proper "bro-truck" , murrica.

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-kid-rock-concept-chevy-truck-is-basically-murica-t-1740290981

RkkDuVI.png

What a pile...

But it's not sitting on a 12" lift with drop bumpers! :D

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I love the Lincoln. We have a guy at works who has one and we make him drive to lunch.

Question for Jrod, or whom ever has done this:

replacing a a front wheel hub assembly on a 2006 F150. How difficult is it? I've got a bad bearing on the drivers side.

Back