2018 Ultimate Testing with Titleist - Travel Thread

obedt

Reaction score
Handicap
Creciendo
Congrats on getting to spend a weekend of fun in Mission Inn! Let's get the travel thread started.

I'm planning on flying in Friday morning and renting a car or probably small SUV. Going to hang out a few days after hopefully as I plan on having the wife and kid fly in Sunday early evening. Should finalize travel arrangements this week.

Based on flights I may have some time for a round or 9 holes prior to event kickoff.

Participants / Arrival Time

hambone1023 / 9:35
Zbuechner4 / Driving in early AM to the resort
obedt / 9:15
JohnSinVA /
Desmond / Getting in Wednesday. Meeting at the resort
BriMac / 10:00
mrkich / 8:00

Zack set up 2 tee times at Las Colinas in Mission Inn. @c.a.eleric will hopefully join up on the 23rd.

12:28
Group 1:
ZBuechner4
Hambone1023
Desmond
Mrkich

12:37
Group 2:
JohnSinVa
Obedt
BriMac
Open spot - held for c.a.eleric

Last edited:
Congrats on getting to spend a weekend of fun in Mission Inn! Let's get the travel thread started.

I'm planning on flying in Friday morning and renting a car or probably small SUV. Going to hang out a few days after hopefully as I plan on having the wife and kid fly in Sunday early evening. Should finalize travel arrangements this week.

Based on flights I may have some time for a round or 9 holes prior to event kickoff.

My flight gets in 10am Friday - I am certainly up for some golf before golf. Flying out Sunday night so probably can’t do golf after golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When planning flights, please make sure to allow enough time.
We will be kicking off Friday evening sometime around 6pm, so give time to check into resort, shower and meet us at bar/restaurant.
Sunday, we tee off sometime around 9am.

The course is about 45 minutes away from airport, so plan accordingly.

When planning flights, please make sure to allow enough time.
We will be kicking off Friday evening sometime around 6pm, so give time to check into resort, shower and meet us at bar/restaurant.
Sunday, we tee off sometime around 9am.

The course is about 45 minutes away from airport, so plan accordingly.

This is extremely helpful. We should plan to be at the resort around 4pm at the latest.

My flight gets in 10am Friday - I am certainly up for some golf before golf. Flying out Sunday night so probably can’t do golf after golf.

Look forward to meeting you! Let me know if you need to carpool. I'm hopefully arriving around 9:15 based on the flight I'm eyeing.

Look forward to meeting you! Let me know if you need to carpool. I'm hopefully arriving around 9:15 based on the flight I'm eyeing.

Count me in on the carpool. Thanks

Looking forward to meeting your guys. I should be arriving by 10am that Friday and would like to carpool if available. Would also be interested in playing a round if you guys would like!

6 hour drive from Atlanta for me so I plan to head down SUPER early Friday morning, possibly get a 9 hole round in before the festivities begin that evening. I might be able to drive down Thursday evening if I can change some work things around. Either way, can wait to meet you guys!

So my 16 year old son just lectured me about meeting up with people on the internet...

The all-important Wife approval has gone over smoothly.

Congrats to all that got in, can’t wait to follow along...

So my 16 year old son just lectured me about meeting up with people on the internet...

His good advice would have been to avoid all lawyers...

flights are booked. Arriving 8 am Friday so I could be talked into 9 holes. Flight on Sunday at 8 pm

Edit: Got and earlier flight! If there's room in the carpool count me in

Last edited:
Stranger danger!!!!

Oh, I'm a lawyer ... so the joke begins. How can you tell when a lawyer is lying?

His lips are moving.

My plane on Friday arrives around 9:30 am from DFW. I luv getting up at 3:30 am to get through check-in.

So 9 holes may be doable before check-in if I'm not sleeping. I am attempting to visit a client after the events, so a round later may be doable. Calling client ...

Arriving at 9:35am Friday. Leaving Monday morning. I will be getting a rental due to leaving Monday but you guys are welcome to carpool with me.

Too late - I am married to one...

Booked my flight in, arriving 9:15. Looks like a bunch of us are in around the same time. Updated the 1st post with arrival info.

We should be able to squeeze in 9 holes and lunch fairly comfortably, but not sure about 18. Anyone have any course recommendations on the way or near Mission Inn?

not sure about "on the way" but have heard the winter park 9 is great

Well it looks like we’re playing el campeon with titleist both days and they have a second course called las colinas...if that’s something of interest?

2018 Ultimate Testing with Titleist - Travel Thread

”Updated the 1st post with arrival info.”

Looks like you have done this before. This is my first THP trip so very glad to have some vets on this trip!

Well it looks like we’re playing el campeon with titleist both days and they have a second course called las colinas...if that’s something of interest?

Great idea. If we were to tee off 11:30-12:00 we might be able fit in 18. 9 comfortably but just putting it out there, especially if we are on prem.

If you are looking for a course, and dont want to deal with Orlando traffic, just play the other course at Mission Inn.
We are doing both rounds on El Campeon, which is awesome. They have a second course there that is decent. Its called Los Colinas. Im sure if the organizer gets a head count and calls, explains you are in an event that begins that Friday night, they will give you a deal on the rate.

Back