What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day for me. I got out for the first time in a couple weeks and wasnt expecting much. Played a tougher course for me ($11 on golfnow) and shot a 98 (46/52). Fly Z was awesome for me off the tee today. Straight & much longer then usual. Averaged 240 with 2 landing at 270 +(completely insane for me). Putting was ok with 32 putts. My wedge game around the green was as good as it has been all year and if I would have putted well it could have been a really good day. I went back to my old swing that I am really comfortable with and had good success.
Highlight of my day was I got my first eagle ever. 235 yard par 4. Really narrow fairway with water on the left and a ton of trees lining the fairway. Hit my 3 wood and knew I caught it flush, but I lost vision of it and didnt see it land. I hit a provisional because I didnt want to have to go back if I couldnt find it. Put my second one about 190 out dead center with my hybrid. As I drove up to hit my provisional I noticed a ball about 7 feet from the pin. The greens at this course are pretty hard and have a tone of turn in them but I made the putt (somehow). Pretty cool feeling for me and I saved the ball.
Day finished with me getting a 7 & 8 the last 2 holes because I was not real focused and it was kind of surreal.

37/40 for 77 today at Venetian Bay in NSB today. I was on the white tees FWIW. The group I got paired with all played from there so I did as well. Bunch of older guys and had a great time. My driving / short game / putting were all key today. But even from playing the whites I came out of this round with just an overall good feeling about my game. Yes I will not always play a score this low but it was nice to get in a good confidence round like this. Oh this is my lowest score I have ever shot. 4th round ever below 80!

Yesterday....last 2 holes in basic complete darkness.

40-46/86
9/14 FW
4/18 GIR
31 putts

3 doubles, 1 triple, no birds

First time on El Campeon, fun track!

45/43 - 88 at Plantation in Frisco. 34 putts and only 3 GIRs, but hit 67% of fairways. Just a frustrating round.

What did you shoot today?

39/41 for 80 this morning (par 66) with 34 putts, 6/12 FW and 6 GIR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

78 today. Just more proof of the ups and downs of this game we all love. Ha

40 on 9 with a triple due to hitting water on a par 3. Woof.

39 - 39 - 78. Didn't do anything really well or really poorly today. No 3 putts but couldn't make anything in the 8 - 10 foot range either. 2 birdies. Hit more greenside bunkers today (5) than I typically hit in about 2 months worth of play at my home course. Those bunkers are no cup of tee in that there is absolutely no consistency from one to the next. Some hard, some soft, some wet, some dry, some with all 4 characteristics in the same trap.

47/43 - 90. Played from the tips today (6500) on a course I only played one time this year. Trying to play from the same yardage we'll be playing from at #TheGrandaddy. Not bad for me since I probably lost 3 balls just off the fairway in leaves. I got up and down for lots of bogeys today. Also played by myself so finished in just over two hours. Nice being first tee time.

41/43 for an 84. Was pleased with how I struck the ball all day except for a couple of approach shots that I pulled into a bunker. Both shots ended up against the back lip and made it tough getting out.

What really pleased me, was I noticed an increase in flexibility with my swing. The work over the last 3.5 weeks is starting to appear in my swing.

41/43 on my home course today. Pretty good day. Aside from 1 OB tee shot, I had the driver under control all day. 9 FIRs.
Irons were working alright but was fanning to the right a bit. 7 GIRs.
Putting was hot/cold. Did well on the front and could not buy a putt on the back. (3) 3-putts all day

42-40 on my home course. Bonus I beat one of my regular playing partners by 1 net. He would usually give me 5 a side. Of course he was nursing a small hangover, actions have consequences. The 103 from last week is forgotten.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

56/51 at Bayonet and Black Horse (Black Horse course). I have to remind myself that this is a marathon, not a sprint. Regardless it's frustrating to be struggling to break 100 again when I've shot in the 80s before.

Last edited:
Played in a captains choice with my best friends today. Course was wet and we got rained on but shot 58. Had a bunch of pars at first then got going. Eagle every par 5 with no mulligans. Finished second by a stroke to the team that was behind us.

d2a8b667928dad32aec8097df588055b.jpg

84 yesterday morning on Las Colinas and 88 in the afternoon at El Campeon.

Let's see if I can beat my Friday 86 on El Campeon this morning....think I can.

Got out yesterday and things didn't exactly go as planned; shot a 48/53 with 33 putts (14/19) and 5 penalties from the tips playing 6670. I had a really good range session Friday, and felt like I'd exercised some demons from my driver, but that wasn't the case when I got up to the first tee and hit a short duck hook leaving me a lot of work to do and very little confidence for the rest of the day. I thought about bagging the driver after a pull hook on #2 sent me OB, but I kept thinking that I had to fight through it and that the range sessions showed me that the swing is there, and it's just a matter of figuring it out, so I kept hitting driver off the tee, and it paid off on #3 where I hit a bomb dead straight. After that, the tee game settled down a little, and stopped being as big of a liability as it had been (there were still issues, but not as glaring or penal).

The story on the front was my putting, I was dropping things from everywhere and had 5 of the final 6 holes on the front were 1 putts, and I'm not talking missed the green and chip to kick in range, at least 3 of them were over 10 feet. I did have a 3 putt on 8, but the first putt burned the edge and had a little too much speed, and the come backer did a 360* lip out, so very close. On the back things went down hill, and I was leaking strokes all over. Drives that either went OB or left me in bad positions where I had to punch out instead of advancing the ball, iron shots that came up short, chip shots from just off the green that I wasn't able to get up and down with, and putts just didn't drop like they did on the front, with 5 more putts on the back. The worst of it came on 18; I was in a greenside bunker in 2, and was in the same greenside bunker in 3, then I was over the green in 4 (which is what I was trying to avoid the first time)...

The only bright part of the round was that I did win my match against my dad 1 up, after doing my best to give it away with my bunker play on 18. Didn't feel like a win, but I guess that's the beauty of match play.

So what can I take away from a round like this? Driver needs more work, but the hard part is that it works on the range but I can't translate that to the course, so I'm not sure how this will happen other than to just groove driver so well that I can swing it in my sleep so I can shut my brain off and just play, this has been an issue for awhile now, and I just kept assuming if I worked harder at it that it would get resolved, but clearly my method isn't working. My backup plan if I can't get it figured out by competition is a lot of hybrid off the tee, though I'm also hoping a custom fit GBB will give me the confidence that I've been missing.

There's 4 weeks until the grandaddy, I've got some great tips from Freddie to work on, and a whole community behind me supporting me, it's time to exercise these demons and get this S#$% figured out.

Last edited:
47-45=92 (ESC 90) at the home course
7/13 FIR
6/18 GIR
34 putts

I fiddled with the Fubuki shaft on the range before putting the HandCrafted back in for the round. I think I've finally convinced myself to stick with the HC, although I would like to get some numbers since I'm hitting the ball better now.

Bunker play and being stymied by trees were the problem today (besides the quintuple 9 on #9 which we won't discuss). Having different sand conditions and being short-sided twice did not help the cause today. I burned a few edges and lipped out two putts which were halfway down, but those are all my fault because I was using the 1Wide again instead of the automatic 2-ball.

Last edited:
40-39- 79 hit the ball like crap off the tee today as well so really happy with the score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

80 from the Tips 73/128 (15mph), 29 Putts, missed 7 birdie opps, hit 10/14 FW's, 6/18GIR. Need to hit the range mid long irons for sure, been focused on new 816dbd set up lately irons have suffered

I'll be back in my swing ring...'daily', actually the coffee table might have to move (honey!)

39/37 - 76 with 3 birdies

45* temp at tee off, that rose to 60* by the time my group finished. Wind blowing in at ~20mph which allowed for some interesting shots into the wind and down wind. Nonetheless, a fun round and not too shabby for November in Iowa.

43/42 for an 85 today. First time on the Purgatory Golf Course and it was an experience.

Course is tough on its own, and wind didn't help matters. Lost the tempo with my driver for a few holes and the course punished me for it.

Had a great time and can't wait to play the course again.

35/37 for a 72, on my home course high 40s and a swirling wind. 50% fairways. 77% gir with 32 putts, scrambled 75%. The shame of this round is that with my new irons in play I left myself with 7-10 foot birdy putts all day long but just couldn't roll them in. Really had the opportunity for a super low round but just couldn't get the ball in the hole.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Played pretty easy course that I play a decent amount, just not my home course (69.8/114)
Didn't drive the ball nearly as bad as it looks in the stats, couldn't sink a putt to save my life though. Decent day scrambling, ball wasn't going too far today since it was slightly on the chilly side.

38 - 38 = 76
28 putts with no 3 putts
4/14 FIR
8/18 GIR
1 birdie 5 bogeys
http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ntanygd760/round/660998

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back