King of the three-putt is looking to abandon his throne...

cyoung2ty

Reaction score
Handicap
So... Saturday was the first 18 hole round I've played since August 12th where I did NOT have at least one three-putt or worse. There were 49 rounds between 8/12/2017 and my round on Saturday. In each of them... I managed a three-putt.

I've worked on my starting line control a lot recently. My kitchen floor has a tile pattern on it. About a month ago, I started dropping a ball onto the floor... placing it on one of the lines between the tiles and rolling it across the floor. From where I start to where the living room carpet begins, it's about 7 feet of space. My only goal is to roll the putt the ball down that line for 7 feet. If it trails off at all, I failed. If I can get to 25 in a row... I end my session.

It's begun to pay off for me. I've made a lot more putts recently (especially putts over 10 feet) and I attribute it to the work in my kitchen and the work I put in on the practice green at my course.

Saturday I only needed 28 putts total including just 12 on the front side.

I just wanted to post so that the next time I begin to struggle... I can look back on this and remember what I did that helped.

That’s awesome! Keep practicing. I strung a round of nine together today with 2-putts on every hole. Haha. Consistency

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

congrats- nothing worse than 3 putts. well 4 putts.

Nice work man, that's awesome!

that's big, congrats, putting is usually what has saved me in the last few years with my game in need of repair.

Good work man. I hate 3 putting. nothing worse, except driving the green on a short par 4 and ending with bogey :(

Congrats. Putting is the one thing you can work on in your house pretty easily. Unless you have dogs then it is a challenge. :)

Back