Regional Rivalry Is Coming To THP

Play in the event? I'm out on that. Heck, I don't even travel for THP events if you haven't heard! I'm going to sit back and root my region on with my 10 gallon hat on, some blue jeans, and belt buckle that is larger than most cars and a glass of Titos!

costume.jpg

It's a big hat. It's funny.

No offense at all MS.
Just wanted to explain why not everything comes out at once. Could be because an idea was formed and details are being worked out. Could be because we have to work on costs, locations, etc. Could be because as soon as all details are out, thread dies immediately (see Club Clash). Lots of different reasons.

To give you an example, we just announced the Gauntlet was coming back. That is all we have so far. Dont have a location. Dont have dates. Dont have anything. We have a company that has agreed to help us get costs down for THPers, and make the event special, but thats it.

In this instance, we have put up nothing, you guys formed your own event. Some of it was pretty good, some of it was awful, and then there was a lot of Texas. Its all in fun and we love the excitement.

If I announced tomorrow that this was held in the middle of the country and broke down the country into 8 regions and gave a price and date, my gut says half the regions wouldnt fill a team. If I said tomorrow that this is state vs state, then those not participating immediately close out the thread and never post again until after the event takes place.

Its not a knock on the THPers, I get wanting the info early and when all things are final, we always put it out, good bad or indifferent and let the chips fall where they may. But just want people to see the other side and understand why its not always immediate, because things are not always done immediately.

CJ i dont think there is ever a time where you need to explain your intent in a post. Its very well known how much THP means to you and we all know you would never ask anything or say anything with any ill intent

No offense at all MS.
Just wanted to explain why not everything comes out at once. Could be because an idea was formed and details are being worked out. Could be because we have to work on costs, locations, etc. Could be because as soon as all details are out, thread dies immediately (see Club Clash). Lots of different reasons.

To give you an example, we just announced the Gauntlet was coming back. That is all we have so far. Dont have a location. Dont have dates. Dont have anything. We have a company that has agreed to help us get costs down for THPers, and make the event special, but thats it.

In this instance, we have put up nothing, you guys formed your own event. Some of it was pretty good, some of it was awful, and then there was a lot of Texas. Its all in fun and we love the excitement.

If I announced tomorrow that this was held in the middle of the country and broke down the country into 8 regions and gave a price and date, my gut says half the regions wouldnt fill a team. If I said tomorrow that this is state vs state, then those not participating immediately close out the thread and never post again until after the event takes place.

Its not a knock on the THPers, I get wanting the info early and when all things are final, we always put it out, good bad or indifferent and let the chips fall where they may. But just want people to see the other side and understand why its not always immediate, because things are not always done immediately.
Definitely

The first ever THP Regional Rivalry event will take place this coming summer and will be an epic showdown between....

OHIO VS MICHIGAN

More details coming soon.

let the games begin!

Nice! Can't wait to hear more!

Awesome, can't wait to see how this all goes down!

Interesting start to this!

Well well well. Let the games begin!

Hopefully we can field a team! Lol

Going to have to make it happen it appears! Wonder if we can adopt some Texans for a day? I always heard they wanted a piece of Ohio....

We won't need to. Michigan will come out in force to represent!

Game time.

Regional Rivalry Is Coming To THP

I may be getting ahead of myself with details here but I figured I would ask. Does one state have to use guys from their own state to fill a team or can they pull from their rival state?

Asking for a friend of course

The first ever THP Regional Rivalry event will take place this coming summer and will be an epic showdown between....

OHIO VS MICHIGAN

*cough* title defense *cough*

I am looking forward to this already!

I may be getting ahead of myself with details here but I figured I would ask. Does one state have to use guys from their own state to fill a team or can they pull from their rival state?

Michiganders won't be playing on Team Ohio :alien:

Ohio hand picked who we got, and You lost!

Pick better if that scenario plays out again....

busy summer coming up

Lol I know my truth

You substitute reality...
I get it, it probably makes it easier!

We know 2 things:

1: Michigan will win
2: we will play no farther than 12 minutes from 441's house.....

OHIO VS MICHIGAN

hahahahaha yes!!! Blood will be shed!

You substitute reality...
I get it, it probably makes it easier!

We know 2 things:

1: Michigan will win
2: we will play no farther than 12 minutes from 441's house.....

I mean I know some Ohioans jumped ship to be on the winning side, but there was an agreement that Shootout II would be in Michigan because of that. Maybe that could be honored here? :)

Back