2018 Odyssey Experience Travel Topic

Hey all,

I sent an email to the contact that JB provided to see what she can do for arranging housing for us. I'll see what she can offer us and hopefully have a few options to present to all of you in case anyone has any concerns on any of the locations.

For anyone who is hanging around until Monday, I was considering going to Savannah and potentially checking out the city there.

Thanks for coordinating this for us sir.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For those participating, I sent a PM with housing information for the rental of 2 houses. It requires a 25% deposit so I can book both or if someone wants to book one in their name to spread the cost we can do so as well and I can provide the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone that is staying around on Monday morning, let me know. I'm most likely playing golf with my Dad at Palmetto Dunes that morning.

You guys are going to have such an awesome time!

Just an update for everyone. Our housing is now paid in full for the event. Sometime in the next couple of weeks we can start deciding who stays in which house.

Just an update for everyone. Our housing is now paid in full for the event. Sometime in the next couple of weeks we can start deciding who stays in which house.

Sweet. Do you want to pick up thsome tab for the odyssey guys? I have to pay that one today too...haha

Excellent!!! Thank you!!!!

Thank you again for taking the lead and arranging this for all of us.

Thanks Greg. Less than a month now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for taking the lead on this. Looking forward to meeting everyone! So STOKED for this weekend.

I’m assuming once we are on the island we won’t be leaving the island at all but I’ll need transportation from the Savannah airport if I fly in. I won’t be able to fly out until Monday after the event if anyone plans on flying in and out of there and wants to perhaps split a rental car to get back and forth.

Did we figure anything out about this? I just reserved a standard SUV and a full-size SUV (depending on numbers; I can cancel anytime) from Fri 2p-Mon 4p.

Anyone that is staying around on Monday morning, let me know. I'm most likely playing golf with my Dad at Palmetto Dunes that morning.

I'm not leaving until 6p on Monday. I'm down for another round.

Did we figure anything out about this? I just reserved a standard SUV and a full-size SUV (depending on numbers; I can cancel anytime) from Fri 2p-Mon 4p.

I'm not leaving until 6p on Monday. I'm down for another round.

I am leaving around 1:00 on Monday. I got my own rental car and have a room in Savannah for Sunday night.

Hey guys, I have to return home on Sunday night instead of Monday, so I'm flying out of the SAV airport at 6 PM. Anyone else flying out on Sunday night?

Hey guys, I have to return home on Sunday night instead of Monday, so I'm flying out of the SAV airport at 6 PM. Anyone else flying out on Sunday night?

I’m driving home as soon as we get done and can catch the ferry. If you need a ride back to the airport, I drive that direction.

On a related note, what time are people going to be arriving in town on Friday. My flight is due to arrive right around 1:00 so I'm assuming by the time I get my rental car and luggage I'll be arriving around 3:00.

I'm not sure what time we are allowed into the houses or if anyone will be arriving much before me but if we need to try to make any arrangements to get in before I arrive we have some time to try and work that out. I'm guessing our initial meet up time is around 5:00-6:00 on the 4th?

Greg,
My flight arrives at 12:30. Plan on getting something to eat and then head to the ferry. I could wait there until you get there.

I’m driving home as soon as we get done and can catch the ferry. If you need a ride back to the airport, I drive that direction.

I'll PM you about this. Thanks for the offer.

On a related note, what time are people going to be arriving in town on Friday. My flight is due to arrive right around 1:00 so I'm assuming by the time I get my rental car and luggage I'll be arriving around 3:00.

I'm not sure what time we are allowed into the houses or if anyone will be arriving much before me but if we need to try to make any arrangements to get in before I arrive we have some time to try and work that out. I'm guessing our initial meet up time is around 5:00-6:00 on the 4th?

My flight lands just after noon. It's around an hour from the airport to the departure center for the ferry. GolferGal sent me a PM a few weeks ago saying that 5 PM would be a good time to arrive at Daufuskie for the start of the activities.

I'm scheduled to land at SAV at 1:56p. If things go extremely well, I may be able to able to make the 3:30 ferry; if not, I'll be on the 4:30!

Booooo! Was looking forward to playing Palmetto Dunes with you and your dad.

Just a reminder for those who still haven’t sent me your arrival info I asked for in a PM please do so in order to allow me to let them know about our arrival plans. If you did already sent the info to me I have it.

Additionally, does anyone have housing preferences on which house to stay in? If there are no concerns I’ll create a housing assignment at least as a starting point.

I booked a Monday 9:20am time at Palmetto Dunes - Arthur Hills before heading to SAV for my 6:00pm departure.

I booked a Monday 9:20am time at Palmetto Dunes - Arthur Hills before heading to SAV for my 6:00pm departure.

By that time on Monday, I will have driven back to Tennessee and be at the airport to fly to St Louis...your day sounds better.

Back