2018 Odyssey Experience Travel Topic

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I didn't see this out here yet so I thought I'd get this rolling to discuss plans and options. It sounded like we might have some housing options to stay together on the Island. I haven't looked up to see where others are coming from. I'm considering making the drive from Columbus but Allegiant air has some cheap flights out of a smaller airport here that leave Friday Morning and early Monday afternoon directly into the Savannah/HHI airport.

For Odyssey participants, if you want to all stay together, find someone you want to be the "mouthpiece" that is responsive, and we can set them up with the real estate person that we have been working with for this event. The entire group is set for an amazing weekend.

Somethings to know for travel.
Friday night festivities will kickoff at around 5-6pm. You are going to want to be there and plan for water taxi accordingly.
Sunday, we should be done early to mid-afternoon at the latest and you will once again want to plan accordingly for time to get off the island, etc.

I'm coming from NY.

Crazy part is, I will be at a work conference in Atlanta the days just prior to this. So in a sense, this couldn't be more perfect for me.

I'm totally in for staying in the same place with everyone. Hopefully save a few dollars.

I’m assuming once we are on the island we won’t be leaving the island at all but I’ll need transportation from the Savannah airport if I fly in. I won’t be able to fly out until Monday after the event if anyone plans on flying in and out of there and wants to perhaps split a rental car to get back and forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those that are flying in, the Savannah airport is the closest one (airport code SAV). It's a smaller airport and rental cars are directly outside the airport. But allow for 1 hour driving time between the airport and the Haig Point ferry terminal. Use the link I posted above for the address, the public ferry terminal is in another location.

Looks like the Haig Point ferry runs at the bottom of every hour and it's a 25 minute ride. The 3:30 pm or 4:30 pm ferries would get people there by 5 pm.

Also, I'm flying in on Friday but am undecided on whether I'm flying home on Sunday or Monday.

Silly question perhaps, but are we to bring our own clubs with us? Or will there be rental sets?

Silly question perhaps, but are we to bring our own clubs with us? Or will there be rental sets?

Bring your own clubs. You wont need a putter : )

For those that are flying in, the Savannah airport is the closest one (airport code SAV). It's a smaller airport and rental cars are directly outside the airport. But allow for 1 hour driving time between the airport and the Haig Point ferry terminal. Use the link I posted above for the address, the public ferry terminal is in another location.

Looks like the Haig Point ferry runs at the bottom of every hour and it's a 25 minute ride. The 3:30 pm or 4:30 pm ferries would get people there by 5 pm.

Also, I'm flying in on Friday but am undecided on whether I'm flying home on Sunday or Monday.

Monday will be my only option. Flights to and from Columbus only come 2 days a week to there so I’ll be in around noon on Friday and leaving around the same time on Monday.

Monday will be my only option. Flights to and from Columbus only come 2 days a week to there so I’ll be in around noon on Friday and leaving around the same time on Monday.

I will be arriving on Friday around noon also so we could ride to the Haig Point ferry together. I have a rental reserved but I'm leaving on Sunday evening. If you are staying some where in Savanna on Sunday I could drop you off.

Also, I assume we'll want to all stay together in the same place. If so I can be the point person to work with them on reserving it.

If anyone prefers to do their own thing, I'm down to split something with people as well too in order to cut costs.

I will be arriving on Friday around noon also so we could ride to the Haig Point ferry together. I have a rental reserved but I'm leaving on Sunday evening. If you are staying some where in Savanna on Sunday I could drop you off.

Thanks, I'll probably take you up on that. I haven't figured out what i'll do on Sunday night but I've never been to Savannah before so it might be fun to explore there. I'll let you know once I firm up my arrangements. Probably tomorrow night to be honest.

I’m down with sharing a house with the crew. My exact travel plans will depend on if I have to travel for work the week before or after.

Also, I assume we'll want to all stay together in the same place. If so I can be the point person to work with them on reserving it.

If anyone prefers to do their own thing, I'm down to split something with people as well too in order to cut costs.

That would be fine with me, gmiller598. Starting Wednesday, I will be traveling for 7 days stopping and visiting my brothers grand-children as we make our way down to Arkansas the round about way.

Staying together sounds like it makes the most sense so I'm good with that.

I'll be coming in Friday and was thinking about leaving on Monday too.

I checked briefly on some House rentals. Found two, rents for 3 nights. Fri, Sat, and Sunday. 1800 sqft sleeps 8 $1366.00. The other, 2100 sqft. Sleeps 10 for $1666.00

If all 8 of is stay it would be roughly $170.00 to $202.00 @ piece to stay at a house for 3 nights. Probably not including taxes.. I'm sure JB's contact might yield better results than my brief search.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I’m booked to arrive st the Savannah airport at approximately 1:00 PM on the 4th. Leaving to come back on Monday if anyone else needs to stay Sunday night as well.

I'm also good with the idea that everyone stays in the same house. I'm headed out of town for 2 weeks coming up this Friday so it will be difficult for me to help coordinate all of the travel arrangements, but if no one else wants to be the point person, I guess I can take that on.

I think it makes the most sense to go through JB's contact for getting a rental house, they may have access to places that wouldn't show up on the normal online searches (VRBO, AirBnB, etc).

For Odyssey participants, if you want to all stay together, find someone you want to be the "mouthpiece" that is responsive, and we can set them up with the real estate person that we have been working with for this event. The entire group is set for an amazing weekend.

Somethings to know for travel.
Friday night festivities will kickoff at around 5-6pm. You are going to want to be there and plan for water taxi accordingly.
Sunday, we should be done early to mid-afternoon at the latest and you will once again want to plan accordingly for time to get off the island, etc.

Hey JB,

For the contact person do you know if they have access to homes in the Haig Point community or just the surrounding ones? I’ve done some online searching and have found a few in neighboring communities that like Melrose that look pretty good but they are a couple of miles away by golf cart from the clubhouse according to google maps. If you want to shoot their contact info over my way I can reach out and see what they can offer for the group if it is anything’s my better than we’ve seen online.

Thanks,

Hey JB,

For the contact person do you know if they have access to homes in the Haig Point community or just the surrounding ones? I’ve done some online searching and have found a few in neighboring communities that like Melrose that look pretty good but they are a couple of miles away by golf cart from the clubhouse according to google maps. If you want to shoot their contact info over my way I can reach out and see what they can offer for the group if it is anything’s my better than we’ve seen online.

Thanks,

I dont. I was told they have access to more than what is available, so when you guys have a final head count and who will be organizing the entire thing, have them send me a PM and I can get that person the info.

Just booked my Friday flight to arrive in SAV at 1:56pm. Departure is still up in the air (lol), but still leaning towards Monday.

Sorry everyone just saw this thread. Yes I would be interested in going in on a house as well. If the pricing is about what is mentioned above please count me in.

I live in Deland FL so will probably be driving up Friday. If anyone needs a pickup at the airport I would be glad to help. Planning on leaving Sunday as well. Looking forward to meeting everyone and I think the house setup would make it very cool. Again please count me in.

Just booked my Friday flight to arrive in SAV at 1:56pm. Departure is still up in the air (lol), but still leaning towards Monday.

Departing Monday at 6:00p

Back