THP Interview w/ Tony Finau

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This guy just destroys a golf ball. I always root for him when he is in tournaments.

This is awesome. I had the chance to watch him Saturday evening of the PGA championship on the range and putting green. He was going through drills with his coach and just pounding the balls out there like it was nothing. Big fan of his and think he will be really good for a while.

Saw this on the home page tonight...good advice for us amateurs.

Pretty awesome! Interesting he says the stretching is as important to his practice routine as putting

Short, sweet and to the point. Very good to hear how important stretching and flexibility is to one of the longest guys in the game

After reading about him a few months ago and watching him play, I have to say he is my favorite up and comer on the PGA Tour. I'd love to see him win a few times, and think he is a contender for some Majors soon. Thanks for the interview!

I have always liked Tony, I took to heart his thoughts on stretching as this is something I will be working hard this winter on.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Tony is a great match for SKLZ, he is a true young gun and will get some great pub for them.

I think I need to learn more about SKLZ

Great write up & interview. I watched him absolutely demolish the ball at TPC Boston, and even better than that was watching him applauding his teammates in the Pro Am and laughing it up with him. He seemed to really be enjoying talking with and helping them. But MAN can that guy hit a ball. WOW.

For a guy like me that travels a lot those bands might make a really nice purchase. Going to have to look into these.

Does he have a golf workout video or something. I'd like to know how he uses them

Does he have a golf workout video or something. I'd like to know how he uses them

He does not. But we will have some specific info on that soon.
They do offer some info on the SKLZ website with each product however.

He does not. But we will have some specific info on that soon.
They do offer some info on the SKLZ website with each product however.

Sounds good, that guy is fit and if SKLZ had something to do with that, I want parts

There is a similar product to those Mini Bands that Physical Therapists have been using for years called Therabands. You can get them at pharmacies, Walmart and Target. They are amazing for resistance training and are available in different tensions that are different colors. Excellent for plyometric training which strengthens quickly.

Flexibility is on my radar for sure, started doing some yoga with my wife to add to my fitness regimen.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The timing of this couldn't be more perfect for me. I'm in m 50's and have noticed the stiffness and creeks and cracks are getting more and more pronounced. After a full day of golf I find a few parts of my body to be a little sore, and stiff. I've been looking into finding a way to get some flexibility back, and strengthen the uniroyal that my belt holds up. Reading through the interview is certainly a reminder of what's needed.

I can definitely use some more flexibility training this winter. I'll be looking into those sklz bands

That there is pretty cool. Sounds like I need to start stretching more

As someone interested in both fitness and golf, this was fun to read. Definitely looking into some of the SKLZ stuff - I had always associated the brand with sport specific training aids.

As someone interested in both fitness and golf, this was fun to read. Definitely looking into some of the SKLZ stuff - I had always associated the brand with sport specific training aids.

Their HQ and partnership with EXOS is nothing short of extraordinary

Their HQ and partnership with EXOS is nothing short of extraordinary

Just watched the video on the EXOS partnership on the site. Place is amazing looking.

Very cool, he's such an easy guy to cheer for.

Back