Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 Irons Preview

Liking the looks. Definitely an iron to be considered for the bag next year

Sorry to see the matte finish. One of the things I love about the V4s is the shiny chrome. It's a bit of a let down quite honestly.

Sorry to see the matte finish. One of the things I love about the V4s is the shiny chrome. It's a bit of a let down quite honestly.

It's an interesting topic every time iron finish threads pop up, but I think the majority of people prefer satin to chrome. The only time chrome gets a bigger nod with people seems to be on MB type irons. Since they already have the FG tour 100's and the V4's being more of a chrome finish, having this option be chrome as well would be too much IMO.

That matte finish looks amazing!!!

These look amazing

Those look really really good. They look about the perfect players iron shape.

Sploosh

It's an interesting topic every time iron finish threads pop up, but I think the majority of people prefer satin to chrome. The only time chrome gets a bigger nod with people seems to be on MB type irons. Since they already have the FG tour 100's and the V4's being more of a chrome finish, having this option be chrome as well would be too much IMO.

No doubt, the demand is definitely more matte finish as we're seeing across the OEM spectrum. Just my preference I guess.

Definitely like the looks of the in-hand pics. Ready to hear a lot more about the F5s.

Such a nice looking iron!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look fantastic in hand. Just wonderful.

Man they look awesome! I MUST hit. MUST.

As for finish, I like the satin, but a few chrome accents would have really made it pop.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I just drooled a little. Wilson Staff just keeps killing it ever since the V2's.

We got to hit these for a bit at #staffproto. They felt great. If I was ever to step into a better player iron I would game these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These look great in all regards. Not a huge fan of the giant F5 but otherwise solid.

Really digging this set.

In hand these are just really stunning, Im a BIG fan of the finish

No doubt, the demand is definitely more matte finish as we're seeing across the OEM spectrum. Just my preference I guess.

I still like the black finish on the M3, but this finish would probably have the widest appeal.

These are below your pay grade anyway, and the 100s definitely have that sharp chrome finish.

So intrigued by these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet looking irons. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Back