Anyone flown Allegiant Air with golf clubs?

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Their rules state:
  • Golf bag (in a hard-sided golf bag carrying case provided by the passenger), including clubs, balls, and shoes;

Now I have a Sun Mountain ClubGlider bag that works very well and it quite solid when I have everything in there. Will they reject my case because it isn't a hard case?

@KEV to the white courtesy phone

Their rules state:
  • Golf bag (in a hard-sided golf bag carrying case provided by the passenger), including clubs, balls, and shoes;

Now I have a Sun Mountain ClubGlider bag that works very well and it quite solid when I have everything in there. Will they reject my case because it isn't a hard case?

I just flew Allegiant in January and used my soft sided case and had no issues. I'll be honest, I didn't read that about the hard sided case before I flew . You may want to email them just to confirm but I had no problems.

I just flew Allegiant in January and used my soft sided case and had no issues. I'll be honest, I didn't read that about the hard sided case before I flew . You may want to email them just to confirm but I had no problems.

Cool thanks. I didn't think it would be an issue especially since my ClubGlider is pretty solid even though it is soft. I know they are a discount airliner and offer the cheapest way for me to travel to Savannah for the Odyssey Experience But I also would see them most likely to make it an issue and nickel and dime me over the fine print.

Cool thanks. I didn't think it would be an issue especially since my ClubGlider is pretty solid even though it is soft. I know they are a discount airliner and offer the cheapest way for me to travel to Savannah for the Odyssey Experience But I also would see them most likely to make it an issue and nickel and dime me over the fine print.

Just FYI they charged $75 each way for my golf bag last time I flew allegiance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just FYI they charged $75 each way for my golf bag last time I flew allegiance

Was that because they said it was oversized or overweight? It looks like it should be a standard checked bag as long as it is under 40 lbs and 80".

Was that because they said it was oversized or overweight? It looks like it should be a standard checked bag as long as it is under 40 lbs and 80".

Yes mine weighed 41 lbs lol.
I used ship sticks the next time. It was cheaper.
Even with with the bag fee allegiance is still cheap though

Yes mine weighed 41 lbs lol.
I used ship sticks the next time. It was cheaper.
Even with with the bag fee allegiance is still cheap though

And if you sign up with shipsticks they give you a coupon. And now they have $20 off round trip for Presidents’ Day

And if you sign up with shipsticks they give you a coupon. And now they have $20 off round trip for Presidents’ Day

If you do the 3 says with the discount it’s pretty cheap

Back