What's Your Gimme Range?

No gimmes unless it is official match play from me. I just chewed a guys @ss last week for hitting my ball back at me when I chipped to a foot for birdie. I want to hear it in the cup.

Same here. Most of the guys I play with are the same. I don't go crazy about it if I'm playing with someone who doesn't understand the finer points of the rules, but I prefer to putt everything out, and I don't concede putts outside of match play.

I don't play for money so I am good with whatever the group wants, usually folks chose something around 3 feet. If I am playing with someone who is putting for a triple or quad I will give 10 footers if they will accept it.

2 Feet.

You can always tell the rounds that will drag on by if the playing partners will pick up or not.

in my normal game you have to putt everything out, even 6 inches, so I'm pretty used to that. I don't take many gimmies, I've seen just as many 2-3 footers missed than made with most people I play with

Usually within 18" - but it depends sometimes. If it is downhill or sidehill and means something we may have the person putt it. But normally 18" and in is good. I've been in leagues where everything has to go into the hole, meaningless or otherwise. Those rounds tend to last forever.

Don't believe in gimmies. None of us are pros and all of us miss from close range.
This is how I feel when I'm playing in any kind of match - no gimmies, all putts must fall in the hole.

Now in casual games I don't really care, but I DO have a friend who'll ask "is that good?" If he asks, I ALWAYS make him putt it, mainly cause I know it pisses him off! LOL

< 2' by eyeball unless it's for birdie or better. We putt out those for satisfaction. If someone's first putt is to save double, the next one is good.

I like hitting the ball into the hole 18 times a round. I don't get mad but would prefer if people don't hit my ball back to me when it's close enough.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually within 18" - but it depends sometimes. If it is downhill or sidehill and means something we may have the person putt it. But normally 18" and in is good. I've been in leagues where everything has to go into the hole, meaningless or otherwise. Those rounds tend to last forever.

Ditto on that. Tournaments where it is required to putt out tend to last upwards of 5 hours. That said, I've seen someone 5-putt from two feet. Painful.

Depends on where they are in the hole...if it's for birdie or par, it has to be basically a tap in...bogey - triple 3-5 feet...anything over double par it's basically an automatic 2 putt

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

For pace of play I really don't care if its within two or three feet. If we are playing for something then fine. Otherwise it's your score not mine.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

No gimmes unless it is official match play from me. I just chewed a guys @ss last week for hitting my ball back at me when I chipped to a foot for birdie. I want to hear it in the cup.

Now that is one badass.

I try to take no gimmies, but I don't lose my cool if someone taps my ball back to me. I will give 3 footers unless there a chunk of money on the game, then you putt everything.

I don't care if somebody wants to pick it up from 100 yards out and call it a gimme. I'm not good enough to gamble, so I really don't care what anybody else does.

I don't like to accept gimmes, though. I'm a terrible enough putter that anything is missable for me. I don't get pissy about it if somebody knocks my ball back toward me when it's close, or picks it up and tosses it to me. I'd much rather putt it out, though.

I won't do gimmes because I find that when the money games come I have practiced them and I miss 3fters

10 feet? I kid. It just depends, but if it's within a couple feet and we're just playing a casual round and I'm pretty sure he or she would make it anyways, I'll give it to them. I'm pretty liberal with it.
Ditto!!!

For me gimmes relieve some stress off a few short putts in a game where we need to focus on 70 to 100 shots.

However, that's no excuse to be bad at putting, especially under pressure. For me, gimmes are there to take the pressure off testy short ones, but I still need to and should roll in long and short ones when I have to.

Back