Cleveland Golf TFi 2135 - THP Review Thread

I'm still in the undecided camp on the alignment aid but I join you guys in absolutely loving the face of the putter. It is awesome. My wife plays a 35" CB'd DLL, which has an insert. She rolled this one - same length and also CB'd - once and said "Wow, that is really soft." The thing that really impresses me is how the soft feel is combined with a firm (?) roll. I've never once struggled to get the ball to the hole or felt like I needed to muscle up on a putt to get it there. It is really a great putter face.

I loved the look of Dean's 1.0 last saturday and gave it a few strokes. I would game that putter in a second but I think I would really get along with a little more weight so I would lean 8.0 based on that short exposure but I really dig the looks of this line.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I loved the look of Dean's 1.0 last saturday and gave it a few strokes. I would game that putter in a second but I think I would really get along with a little more weight so I would lean 8.0 based on that short exposure but I really dig the looks of this line.

I picked up a 1.0 and it felt too light for my liking. I was happy I went with the 8.0. Per one of the Cleveland guys the putter will feel even heavier if it is cut down to 34" and/or you put a Superstroke grip on it. Speaking of grips, per Adam? the 8.0's shaft is different at the top end and the grip is a little bigger than the 1.0 as a result. I use a SS 3.0 and the stock putter on the 8.0 feels fine.

I'm debating on putting in a few of the rubber Tungsten weights on the backside of the 6.5 myself.

I have an idea for a potentially interesting little test with the putter. Maybe this weekend...

I need to roll one of these.

I suppose I need to meet up soon with someone who has one.

I need to roll one of these.

I suppose I need to meet up soon with someone who has one.

WV here we come hehe

WV here we come hehe
It's still flip-flop weather there…through December.

I think I liked mpeterson's 8.0 over ddec's 1.0, but I didn't think it was the weight as much as the subtle difference in head shape. Skim alert…what is the difference in weight between the two?

A few thoughts from this past weekend with the 2135 (6.5 model)

- at address this is a sharp looking putter. The flange design in the 6.5 fits in line with what I like to see in a mid mallet. Immediately you notice the raised alignment aide & whether placebo or not, you just line it right up, center of the face and get to putting. It's truly that simple, yet extremely effective. My only knock, and it's purely personal, I rather have a plumbers neck than the single bend. Also the grip was immediately switch out for a SS2.0 Mid-Slim.

- performance wise Nate nailed it. The TFI face puts a great forward roll on the ball and yet retains that soft feel at impact. I noticed that the putts rolled better and didn't see and skidding or skipping before the ball started the forward roll. I putted extremely well on Saturday and this putter was one of the main reasons I put up an 82. I was making decent length putts or just leaving myself tap ins on lag putts. If I did run it by a few feet I had the confidence to make the come back putt. I would like for it to be a touch heavier, but that's more of a personal preference than knocking the performance.

- overall Cleveland has a great putter on their hands. From the aesthetics to the design, this one flat out gets the job done. The TFI face is legit and if someone is in the market for a new putter, they need to roll one of these before deciding on anything else. If you are having alignment issues or not hitting the putter face in the center, this putter goes a long way into taking those variables out of the equation and letting the results come down to your putting stroke.

It's still flip-flop weather there…through December.

I think I liked mpeterson's 8.0 over ddec's 1.0, but I didn't think it was the weight as much as the subtle difference in head shape. Skim alert…what is the difference in weight between the two?

345gm in the 1.0

405gm in the 8.0

It is probably worth pointing out that the guys who are posting about the weekend played new putters on new courses. That's usually a double-whammy against good results but it mostly didn't happen here.

345gm in the 1.0

405gm in the 8.0
I generally don't pay much attention to these things, but I'm guessing an extra 60 grams would be pretty noticeable.…counterbalanced or not.

I generally don't pay much attention to these things, but I'm guessing an extra 60 grams would be pretty noticeable.…counterbalanced or not.
I felt it immediately.

I picked up ddec's putter and to me it felt completely different than the 8.0 did. To me the 8.0 feels more heavy than it does counterbalanced (if I'm comparing to the Tank that I tested).

I picked up ddec's putter and to me it felt completely different than the 8.0 did. To me the 8.0 feels more heavy than it does counterbalanced (if I'm comparing to the Tank that I tested).
I must've been thrown off by the wind, rain, Fireball, and soggy feet…

I'm assuming it will, but didn't compAre the two. I kinda wish I would've.

I must've been thrown off by the wind, rain, Fireball, and soggy feet…

I think it was more that I had just putted with one and picked up the other - so, it was completely noticeable. Or like you said, you could have been used to wearing 12 pound waterlogged shoes, and anything felt light to you.

It is probably worth pointing out that the guys who are posting about the weekend played new putters on new courses. That's usually a double-whammy against good results but it mostly didn't happen here.
I will completely back up this statement. On the 3 rounds I have had with my 2135 have been on new to me courses. There seems to be no learning curve with this putter. My only let down with this putter is it arrived in my bag at the end of the season.

Today's round was an example of how the total number of putts can be misleading. I had 36 putts with two 1 and two 3 putts. That's a terrible total number of putts for me, solidly 4 more putts than average. However, the conditions today were brutal - wind, rain and wet - and I only gave myself one or two legitimately makeable first putts.

The real take away from today is that distance control with TFI face is superb. Here are the raw numbers (putt distance) by hole. Look at those first putt distances and how often the 2nd putt was close:

8, tap in (ti)
35, 6, ti
33, ti
70, 5 (first putt would have been much better but a gust came up and blew leaves in my line, making the ball start bumping around and slow down)
10, ti
21, ti
12, ti
12, 2
37, 5
25, 2
75, 3
39, 6
15, ti
25, ti
55, 6, ti
15, 1

I still feel like I'm struggling a bit to find the correct line from about 15 feet and in (I don't think I've really made anything from 8-15 feet yet with the 2135). I naturally am lining up too much right. I maybe wish the alignment mark was a little longer, since I typically use it in conjunction with the ball's alignment aide. I may change from using the ball's alignment line to intermediate targets to find my line.

On the other hand, notice that I was 4 of 6 on 5 and 6 footers (I missed one right edge and missed the other left edge when I thought I was lined up too far right and adjusted just before the stroke). I know we all think we make 100% of those putts but 66% is statistically good.

So, this is another round where after the fact I'm able to look back and see a ton of good stuff. I am still waiting for the round where I walk off the course feeling like I was sinking everything. That said, I have a lot of confidence in this putter. I still love the TFI face and haven't once been tempted to switch my old gamer back in.

Last edited:
Going to be spending some more time with this one today and then tomorrow on the course.

I added a little bit of weight to the back of mine, which mostly is probably mental but we shall see. I'll be using this for my tournament in a few weeks so need to hit the course at least one more time to get some more confidence with it.

Today's round was an example of how the total number of putts can be misleading. I had 36 putts with two 1 and two 3 putts. That's a terrible total number of putts for me, solidly 4 more putts than average. However, the conditions today were brutal - wind, rain and wet - and I only gave myself one or two legitimately makeable first putts.

The real take away from today is that distance control with TFI face is superb. Here are the raw numbers (putt distance) by hole. Look at those first putt distances and how often the 2nd putt was close:

8, tap in (ti)
35, 6, ti
33, ti
70, 5 (first putt would have been much better but a gust came up and blew leaves in my line, making the ball start bumping around and slow down)
10, ti
21, ti
12, ti
12, 2
37, 5
25, 2
75, 3
39, 6
15, ti
25, ti
55, 6, ti
15, 1

I still feel like I'm struggling a bit to find the correct line from about 15 feet and in (I don't think I've really made anything from 8-15 feet yet with the 2135). I naturally am lining up too much right. I maybe wish the alignment mark was a little longer, since I typically use it in conjunction with the ball's alignment aide. I may change from using the ball's alignment line to intermediate targets to find my line.

On the other hand, notice that I was 4 of 6 on 5 and 6 footers (I missed one right edge and missed the other left edge when I thought I was lined up too far right and adjusted just before the stroke). I know we all think we make 100% of those putts but 66% is statistically good.

So, this is another round where after the fact I'm able to look back and see a ton of good stuff. I am still waiting for the round where I walk off the course feeling like I was sinking everything. That said, I have a lot of confidence in this putter. I still love the TFI face and haven't once been tempted to switch my old gamer back in.
Using the 2135 alignment bar with a ball marked with an alignment line might be giving you goofy alignment. It falls back to the original intent of the putter. To keep alignment purely based on the equator of the ball. Now you are trying to line up things on two different planes. Not how the putter was intended to work.

Using the 2135 alignment bar with a ball marked with an alignment line might be giving you goofy alignment. It falls back to the original intent of the putter. To keep alignment purely based on the equator of the ball. Now you are trying to line up things on two different planes. Not how the putter was intended to work.
True, but we still need to have the face square to the hole (assuming a straight putt), right? The center of the ball has multiple axis - we can have it centered and still be off line.

Such a cool display I saw in store today!

But wow these putters are nice, talking with the store guy, he said he loves the face, I said the alignment was nice, put it all together in a 38" CB with that longer grip and even stock it felt great, love the wider sole of the 8.0.

That display IS cool. Its great to see it getting into stores.

Back