The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed yesterday that I'm farsighted. Anything within six inches of my face is all fuzzy. Need to go to an optometrist and see if I need glasses. This getting old stuff schtick is really starting to wear thin ... wonder if my insurance is even going to cover this.

Played a solo round on a par three course today. It was a free round, which I got as part of the birthday club at the course. But that's not my rant.

I lost five balls today. Five. Lost them all in the leaves scattered all over the fairways. Not one went out of bounds. All of them lost thanks to the stupid leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going over finances for golf after getting the previous statements for the last year.

I'm pretty freaking pissed off.

I'm so over this work travel.

I merged my audit project replica into our main server while in Albany last week and forgot to pull down a new copy. Then on Friday IT upgraded my Verizon wireless card (from 3g--seriously). Today I drive 4.5 hours to the job site and the Verizon card was somehow deactivated. Called CIO (our IT) and got that straightened out and now trying to pull down a replica audit project through Citrix. It originally told me "5 seconds remaining" then "30 minutes remaining" then "2 minutes remaining" and now it's been stuck on "7 minutes remaining" for half hour.

It's 2:00 pm, and I haven't even begun to start working today…

Did you spend too much?

I spent nothing, but my predecessor, on the other hand did.

When you have 3k+ going out in a year, and 0.00 coming in because of laziness and not find raising because golf is simply another stipend for you, there will be issues.

When you have 3k+ going out in a year, and 0.00 coming in because of laziness and not find raising because golf is simply another stipend for you, there will be issues.
One thing I can't stand is when people are to lazy to fund raise. This is for the kids! How hard is it to get off your ass and schedule a fundraiser. Saw it all the time at my school and it still pisses me off

I am surprised there is STILL a golf program if that is how things were being handled. You will get it turned around James, because you care about it!

$3k on what? I assume tournament entries and shirts. The kids provide their own clubs and shoes right?

One thing I can't stand is when people are to lazy to fund raise. This is for the kids! How hard is it to get off your ass and schedule a fundraiser. Saw it all the time at my school and it still pisses me off
If you need to host a fund raising tournament, I know a guy in Maryland....just sayin :) And the word is he'll strike quite a deal for a January outing :D

$3k on what? I assume tournament entries and shirts. The kids provide their own clubs and shoes right?

I don't know about James situation but my high school bought us school bags (they had to be returned at the end of the season), paid golf fees, range balls for 16 kids and shirts. We did pay something like $125 to help offset some cost.

On golf alone they spent ~$500 a week on us. Times that by 7-8 weeks and you're at $3k easily.

Again, this may be very different in other parts and I'm pretty sure it's changed here since I graduated 10 years ago

Great question as no bags, balls, or apparel was bought for the kids last year. About 1600 on boys/girls entry fee's combined, the rest...interesting.

I don't know about James situation but my high school bought us school bags (they had to be returned at the end of the season), paid golf fees, range balls for 16 kids and shirts. We did pay something like $125 to help offset some cost.

On golf alone they spent ~$500 a week on us. Times that by 7-8 weeks and you're at $3k easily.

Again, this may be very different in other parts and I'm pretty sure it's changed here since I graduated 10 years ago

Interesting. Thanks for that info. I really had no idea what the school paid for, like I said I figured tournament fees and "uniforms". Didn't think about range balls and all of that stuff. I guess those are needed too.

Great question as no bags, balls, or apparel was bought for the kids last year. About 1600 on boys/girls entry fee's combined, the rest...interesting.

Sounds like someone has some explaining to do. Did the former coach get a new set of sticks? Any returning players that could help shed some light on the missing cash?

Interesting. Thanks for that info. I really had no idea what the school paid for, like I said I figured tournament fees and "uniforms". Didn't think about range balls and all of that stuff. I guess those are needed too.

Sounds like someone has some explaining to do. Did the former coach get a new set of sticks? Any returning players that could help shed some light on the missing cash?

Oh no, I have statements to show where it went. Lets just say I have philosophical differences considering all of this is supposed to go back to the kids.

We are different as we are ENTIRELY self funding (i.e. ZERO dollars from the school), that decision was made when the other programs went to a joint booster club/fund because golf would have LOST money joining in back then. The coach prior to the last one had the program in tremendous shape, and won a lot of titles. Now...well...I'd like to headbutt something/someone.

It'll be fixed though, its going to keep me in teaching which I swore wouldn't happen, but it NEEDS to be fixed. The girls coach and I are on the same page and willing to work. Its going to be a good lesson for the kids if nothing else, as we will be fund-raising machines this winter hahaha

Oh no, I have statements to show where it went. Lets just say I have philosophical differences considering all of this is supposed to go back to the kids.

We are different as we are ENTIRELY self funding (i.e. ZERO dollars from the school), that decision was made when the other programs went to a joint booster club/fund because golf would have LOST money joining in back then. The coach prior to the last one had the program in tremendous shape, and won a lot of titles. Now...well...I'd like to headbutt something/someone.

It'll be fixed though, its going to keep me in teaching which I swore wouldn't happen, but it NEEDS to be fixed. The girls coach and I are on the same page and willing to work. Its going to be a good lesson for the kids if nothing else, as we will be fund-raising machines this winter hahaha

it's a big sacrifice you are making James - you are a good man for doing this!

Again James - let me know where to send a check bro...

Transportation, maybe? Just trying to think of places where the money _could_ go... At least the program is in good hands now. Good luck with everything.

Sounds like the teams are in good hands for the time being.

Our family dogs got in a fight over what they are guessing was a treat that one of them had. My little girl didn't fair too well. I originally rescued her a couple years ago and ultimately she ended up at my parents since they have a decent yard. This happened last night and i was just informed of her condition. Ugh, not what I needed right now. They are usually perfectly fine around each other. Not sure what caused it.

d1fa52666e6fd380b81a131a7877b7f2.jpg

Last edited:
Ah man...that poor thing.

Oh poor girl!!! That breaks my heart!

She looks miserable. Poor thing, hope she bounces back soon

If you need someone to do demonstrations on how NOT to swing a club, let me know. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Oh poor girl!!! That breaks my heart!

I know. I just want to give her a hug. Stupid work. I want to drive down right now but can't until at least Friday night.

The Official Rant of the Day

And back to partners in crime...dogs can be so weird. Neither walked away in great shape. He needed stitches in both front legs and one of his ears. She got the worst of it though.

882a400c6fd1886321f01d3de0a328d3.jpg

Man I suck at surprises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back