Cobra KING Utility Black Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks JB....been anxiously waiting for your write-up. The black combo looks spectacular and sounds like Cobra nailed it with improved technology coming from last year's forged TEC. I bet in person they look even better. Hope these will be available for the MC as I can bet there will be a lot of interest.

Like some of the others in the northern states, we won't be playing up here in the Great White North until probably mid-April unless we get a miracle early spring so timing will work.

The 21-24 is calling my name

The DBM finish is incredible - i like the adjustability in the hosel though making it a true utility club - cannot wait to hit these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been this excited for a club or set of clubs in quite some time. Not just the look but the performance sounds like a winner.

Those look great....Cobra going deep again this season.

I've often contemplated a utility club to replace my 4 hybrid and this sounds like a great option for that spot. I love the looks and the tech sounds legit.

These just look so incredible. That murdered out look is very well done.

I have 2 UTs I am looking at this year and these made the cut!

Those look incredible, I'll be curious to see how the finish holds up long term after use.

I haven't been this excited for a club or set of clubs in quite some time. Not just the look but the performance sounds like a winner.

What setup would you go with utility wise for the MC?

Having spent time with the X Forged utility, these have my interest. Addikg a one length option for a 5 is interesting to me.

What setup would you go with utility wise for the MC?

If I go driver, 3/4 w and 3 hybo, I’d add the 3u. But I may add both and go with 5-pw with two wedges. But if the shafts I want are offered then it will be the first setup I mentioned.

I have not had a chance to hit a utility club like these. Are they easier/harder to hit than hybrids? What are the pros & cons of using a utility iron like these vs. a hybrid?

This club being adjustable has always been really interesting to me, it really is fantastic looking in the black finish also. If my next set of irons turn out to be the black Forged irons this UT will be mine also...

Having spent time with the X Forged utility, these have my interest. Addikg a one length option for a 5 is interesting to me.

i thought the same thing. The fun I had hitting the XF UT 27* makes me wonder how the 5u would do head to head.

Can I test these? See signature for why :banana:

I have not had a chance to hit a utility club like these. Are they easier/harder to hit than hybrids? What are the pros & cons of using a utility iron like these vs. a hybrid?

Really depends on your comfort with long irons vs hybos

When i tried the original utility iron it was better off the tee and from the deck in fairway

Struggled in the rough and challenging lies though

Full disclosure i’m more of a hybrid guy than long iron - but I really think the 21-24 would slot in very nice

Easier/harder wasn't really my focus testing UT clubs. For me it was about fitting to yardage gaps and for me, UT clubs fit a tighter yardage than hybrids did. For example, at my fitting I was able to keep the utility to a 10 yard gap from the previous iron where as the hybrid was 15-17 yards.

Easier/harder wasn't really my focus testing UT clubs. For me it was about fitting to yardage gaps and for me, UT clubs fit a tighter yardage than hybrids did. For example, at my fitting I was able to keep the utility to a 10 yard gap from the previous iron where as the hybrid was 15-17 yards.

True statement on the gapping

Whether or not I have a spot in the upcoming Morgan Cup sponsored by Cobra Puma Golf these irons and wedges would be 100% on my radar this year. They look SOOOOOOOO good!

One length clubs must be selling really well for Cobra. I am surprised to see the Utility club in a OL. BTW, the black looks really awesome.

If I go driver, 3/4 w and 3 hybo, I’d add the 3u. But I may add both and go with 5-pw with two wedges. But if the shafts I want are offered then it will be the first setup I mentioned.

I’ve been contemplating the same thing. If I drop a wedge I could get better birdie/eagle looks on the par 5’s with more options at the top of the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve been contemplating the same thing. If I drop a wedge I could get better birdie/eagle looks on the par 5’s with more options at the top of the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s how I look at it. I’m aggressive on reachable or short par 4s and all par 5s. Two wedges is all I need since I play a lot of 3/4 shots inside 130. So loading up the top end works for me.

JB,

I wish I had known these were coming out before I got the F8 single length. I love the black color and look. I used to be a TM man, but Cobra Single Length has changed this man's game and thoughs

Last edited:
I'm eyeballing the 2/3 Utility for the Morgan Cup... I'm pretty deadly with my current 2i Utility so I know I can game this. Having one that is adjustable will be awesome as right now I own a 2 and 3 iron version of the same utility and never use at the same time, I chose the one to take based on course. Having just 1 I can adjust would be awesome.

I need to find somewhere to hit one of these. I have never hit a utility iron before but I love my 4i and don't really have an issue with longer irons. I have grown to like my 3h, but only off the tee for the most part. I wonder if one of these would work better for both tee and deck to fill that gap. Maybe do a 3h & 4u then go 5-pw? Hmmmm

Back