THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I don't want to take this off topic, or I'd mention something about Cleveland being nice enough to give the out of work RGIII a shot at employment.

But on the event, I think the true southern hospitality of the Carolina Boys is hard to mask, and for the DMV team, well we're the stopping ground from the NE people on the way to Florida, so we just smile and wave at the Yanks, although some of them take up roots...looking at you Emart :D

Mist be some good soil here because I never planted them but some how the roots grew into,the ground and woukdnt let me go

That said I want to give props to both regions so far everyone has represented our regions great. A little trash talk (that has been weak) , everyone looking forward to the competition aspect of it but also keeping in mind we are all friends and share the common ground of having fun on the golf courses and enjoying ourselves. No reason to act like a fool over some golf. It will be a great time come July the build up has me pumped

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Damn I come by acting a fool naturally

I lived my whole life in New Jersey until December of 2013 when I moved to the Charlotte area. We started doing drives to Florida 2-3 times a year in 2009. I would stop at the Chesapeake Rest Area off of 95 to do the only thing anybody should do in Maryland... use the restroom.

:p

Virgina, on the other hand... I love the drive up 81 through that state. I can't say I'd want to live there, but... not too many places more beautiful to drive through.

Well until this post I had hope for you. But bringing Jersey into it. Nah your back ground speaks for itself.

Yup soft, go with that.

Well until this post I had hope for you. But bringing Jersey into it. Nah your back ground speaks for itself.
I tell people all the time... it's just where I was born. The only pride I take from Jersey is that, despite the name, the Giants are headquartered in New Jersey.

Beyond that... my heart is in the south. I had dreams of Nashville, but when Samsung relocated me to Charlotte... I wasn't disappointed.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

I need a good book on the mental game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on what your looking for. Bob Rotella has a few good quick reads.

Depending on what your looking for. Bob Rotella has a few good quick reads.

Inside 120 yards, on the course, I'm a mental mess I can hit those shots all day in practice but not in matches. It's keeping me from getting into the lower single digits.

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Yeah two of his books may help off the top of my head. Golf is not a game of perfect, and 15th Club.

I need a good book on the mental game.

Zen Golf is a good one. I have it on audio book so I can listen to it on the commute.

Kevin soft?? I just don't see it! Someone in Carolina is in for a huge surprise! Gotta support my Captain!

Kevin soft?? I just don't see it! Someone in Carolina is in for a huge surprise! Gotta support my Captain!

No dude I am soft. Like a teddy bear hahaha

Yesterdays round was such a grind for me. It was one of those inconsistent ball striking days that your main goal is to just keep the ball in play. Short of my normal yardages with every club. Started clubbing up on the back nine, but was still hitting loose shots. I am hoping it was just me being run down from a hard day at work and not a swing flaw. My short game got a good workout though. I'm gonna hit the range Saturday and work on my positions. I have been trying to work on flighting the ball lower lately, I am wondering if that has effected my impact position. I'll figure it out. For those that celebrate the day, I wish you all a happy Easter.

Yesterdays round was such a grind for me. It was one of those inconsistent ball striking days that your main goal is to just keep the ball in play. Short of my normal yardages with every club. Started clubbing up on the back nine, but was still hitting loose shots. I am hoping it was just me being run down from a hard day at work and not a swing flaw. My short game got a good workout though. I'm gonna hit the range Saturday and work on my positions. I have been trying to work on flighting the ball lower lately, I am wondering if that has effected my impact position. I'll figure it out. For those that celebrate the day, I wish you all a happy Easter.

I find that when I start trying to get "cute" with the ball I start to get sideways from time to time. But I'm sure you'll get it figured out. The grind is real from time to time, and it's something that doesn't get a workout very often. Grinding out a round can be mentally exhausting, but it's good to know its in there if needed.

Keep working buddy.

Going back to T2GRN18 suggestion on Bob Rotella books. There was a nice article in this mornings Washington Post about Jim Larranaga (the coach of University of Miami Basketball Team) he has worked with Rotella both individually and with his teams for almost 30 years. The one thing he takes from Rotella is his saying "Train, then Trust" putting that into Golf and more specific THP Regional Rivalry prep, do all the work, practice and training prior to the event. Once the event arrives, then just trust yourself with the training you've done.

He encouraged Larranage to Clap for mistakes. At first that really threw him off guard, but went on to explain. When players make a mistake in a game, they need to be encouraged to just keep having fun and playing, not have their mistakes thrown in their face by a ranting and raving coach. He said it took him a while to adapt to that, but now it not only helps the players but him as a coach to stay calm in the moment.

The perfect example of that was when Miami blew the 24 point lead to Wichita State this past weekend. All the players said Larranage remained calm the entire time, and during each timeout told them, they were fine. Just play the game and dont' even look at the score. They said they did that and didn't worry about the score. After giving up the 24 point lead and falling behind by a point, they went on to win by 7.

it was a pretty good read. But I'll take away from it and carry with me the next 3.5 months...."Train then Trust"

Train then Trust --- Sounds so simple but I know I struggle with it. It's a great thought for the next time I get to play!!! Thanks!

Back