THP goes to #TheGrandaddy - What questions do YOU have for Callaway?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Unless you've been under a rock, you know that in just a few weeks THP and #TeamRedemption are Cali bound to square off with the #ZooCrew in #TheGrandaddy. But if you have followed the event in the past then you also know that it is much more than just a competition, its a once in a lifetime whirlwind of education, equipment, fun, and camaraderie.

So THP, this year we want to make sure everyone who has questions of Callaway gets them answered, and to do that we would like you to post them up here and from there they will be sent to Finley and the #ZooCrew so we can get as many answered in a few weeks as possible.

So THP, fire away.

1. Will the swingweights in the GBB fairway (and I assume driver? Mine's not here yet so I don't know exactly what's under that screw in the center but I assume it is as well) ever be made available to purchase as a kit, or ordered when purchasing said club?

2. The APW on the GBB, has there been any testing done to put that on fairway woods like other companies have done? If yes, is that something that may one day hit the market?

3. The Links at Petco Park seemed to be a walk off home run in terms of success (see what I did there?). Is that something that may happen again either at Petco Park or expanded to other ball parks?

4. How the heck did you squeeze a Cup Face onto an Apex chassis?

Will Callaway bring back the dark blue color scheme or variation there of in any future lines or is the flat black/matte finish the direction they are planning on staying with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM Grind wedges. Will we see different lofts come out in the future?

Callaway Apparel: I know this is ran out of house by a 3rd party by license. The quality of the product seems to be getting better. Any plans to bring apparel back in house in the future?

Truvis Chrome Soft: how has this product performed. I personally thought the pink Truvis was easier to see than the red. Any plans for expansion into other colors? Would love to see white ball with green Truvis.

- Are dual sliding weights coming to the GBB as we've seen on tour?

- More color offerings coming in the TRUVIS?

- When is Callaway going to step up their shoe game to compete with the big boys? A few solid offerings are made available each year but many just have terrible designs and that hasn't improved over several years.

THP goes to #TheGrandaddy - What questions do YOU have for Callaway?

-with USGA restrictions and seeing the driver offerings at their limits, what is he next step to offer a driver that will perform as many have come to expect from previous releases

-With Odyssey putters will we see another run of the Black Series Tour Design updated head shapes? New insert (RX Fusion)

-is the Cup Face tech here to stay and how can you improve from the XR and now Apex lines

What has been the most successful product this year for Callaway?

Ditto more color of truvis question.

Is the fusion RX insert here to stay? Or was it more of a one time thing like the Metal-X?

-with USGA restrictions and seeing the driver offerings at their limits, what is he next step to offer a driver that will perform as many have come to expect from previous releases

-is the Cup Face tech here to stay and how can you improve from the XR and now Apex lines

These two questions are excellent.

What is next in terms of ball design?

Is Callaway happy with a 2 ball stable (ChromeSoft and SuperSoft)?
What about the other balls that don't seem to be sellers.

Shoes/apparel/accessories what if anything is in the pipeline?

If you could take ANY golf club/ball that is currently released by another manufacturer, and claim it as Callaway property what would that be?

Is the Cup face the edge of the envelope in terms of Iron tech?
Where could improvements be made?

If you could take ANY golf club/ball that is currently released by another manufacturer, and claim it as Callaway property what would that be?

this is a good one

Any plans for making Taranto customization available for mortals? At a price of course.

Who will be the new face of the brand now that Phil is starting his downward trend? Lots of young talent on the roster but no clear cut face of the brand

I have a shaft question (man that sounded wrong)

Do the guys at callaway feel like a lot of peoples choices on shafts are like a testosterone contest.

i.e. I am to much of a man to swing a 95 gram iron shaft because it will "balloon?

Or do they think a 95 gram shaft will actually lose distance compared to a 110 gram shaft (excluding guys who actually do swing super hard) for an average swing speed guy?

Personally I go back and forth on this debate with my self.

- Are dual sliding weights coming to the GBB as we've seen on tour?

- More color offerings coming in the TRUVIS?

- When is Callaway going to step up their shoe game to compete with the big boys? A few solid offerings are made available each year but many just have terrible designs and that hasn't improved over several years.
To piggy back on this one, if so what colors? Custom options available?

Will they be offering a matte black finish in the PM Grind?

Love it. Keep them coming everyone, I'll compile it all and shoot it off to Finley here in a few days.

Oh yea...can you ask how RFC is doing and tell him the Nick_Pingel from the Gauntlet says Hi and his wedgeucation lesson has paid off tremendously. Haha

Will they bring back that copper wedge finish ever? I might have been the only one but I loved it.

To expand again on this..
Does Callaway have future of making their own apparel?

To piggy back on this one, if so what colors? Custom options available?

Oh yea...can you ask how RFC is doing and tell him the Nick_Pingel from the Gauntlet says Hi and his wedgeucation lesson has paid off tremendously. Haha
Maybe i can get him to feed me pizza again! lol

Does the market demand in Europe differ from the US? and if so, how do they determine ways to meet those demands?

Echoing previous posts:

Will the Truvis continue to be offered in 2016 and if so will there be any additional color combinations?

Will the PM grind be available in more lofts?

#Grandaddy specific

Will Callaway provide counselors to #ZooCrew to help them cope with the loss of The Belt?

Any plans for making Taranto customization available for mortals? At a price of course.

Hoping for a yes on this question!

Good questions so far. Having the list ahead of time will make even more time for awesomeness. Keep 'em coming.

Any considerations for bringing a shiny club back into the rotation?

Back