The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even know there were debate room threads. I need spend some more time wandering the forum topics more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't even know there were debate room threads. I need spend some more time wandering the forum topics more.

FYI, here is the post telling you how to get to the Debate Room:

In an attempt to Moderate threads less once they become political or argumentative in nature we have set up The Debate Room. The only thing we ask is that you remain respectful in your conversations or threads will become locked and/or posts removed.

This forum will only be visible to people who have joined the Debate Room Group. This can be done by going in to your User CP and in the Group Memberships tabs select Join Group then the posts will be available for viewing and posting. You can choose to leave the group at any time by the same method and selecting Leave Group instead.

First thread available will be the Tim Tebow thread.

Starting my day at 4am thanks to a 1 year old who wants to test me

I hate the Jimmy Kimmel ESPN New Years Day Bowl Game commercial.

Came into work yesterday to get caught up on a few things and decided I needed to come in today as well so we can start Monday right. Having people take vacation then others missing work because they are "sick" sucks.

It's sprinkling out, so my internet doesn't work…
First world problem for sure, but this STILL isn't fixed. There is a tech coming out tomorrow at some point from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (thanks for that "target") to check on a piece of their equipment that is down. Glad to be spending my Monday off sitting around waiting aimlessly all day before heading back out on the road Tuesday.

The Official Rant of the Day

I lost my wallet today. First time ever that's happened. I'm 99% sure it fell out of my jacket on the golf course this afternoon. I took a cart and retraced my steps but no joy. I hate this feeling, yuck.

I'm giving it until tomorrow morning and then I'll cancel my cards and go get a new license.

I lost my wallet today. First time ever that's happened. I'm 99% sure it fell out of my jacket on the golf course this afternoon. I took a cart and retraced my steps but no joy. I hate this feeling, yuck.

I'm giving it until tomorrow morning and then I'll cancel my cards and go get a new license.
Hope someone turns it in Rob, to save you a lot of hassle.

That sucks buddy!
And it's a hassle!hope it turns up.

So over my in laws. They love and support my wife, and raised an amazing person, so I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. But last night I planned and threw a surprise party to celebrate my wife finishing grad school. It turned out great , everyone had a great time and my wife said everyone she wanted to be there was there.

Then this morning her mom complains to her that she really wishes so and so and so and so were invited , that she doesn't know why I wouldn't have included them. And that she was upset that I wouldn't let her bring anything , she knows Brittany would have liked it if such and such was there.

Problem is I specifically gave her who we were inviting, and asked if we should invite anyone else. And then told her what we were having, asked what else we should have, and left it open for them to say hey well bring this. She is just looking for a reason to be upset and I'm over it.

So over my in laws. They love and support my wife, and raised an amazing person, so I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. But last night I planned and threw a surprise party to celebrate my wife finishing grad school. It turned out great , everyone had a great time and my wife said everyone she wanted to be there was there.

Then this morning her mom complains to her that she really wishes so and so and so and so were invited , that she doesn't know why I wouldn't have included them. And that she was upset that I wouldn't let her bring anything , she knows Brittany would have liked it if such and such was there.

Problem is I specifically gave her who we were inviting, and asked if we should invite anyone else. And then told her what we were having, asked what else we should have, and left it open for them to say hey well bring this. She is just looking for a reason to be upset and I'm over it.
my mother in law and my mother to some extent, just find something to complain about. It seems to be there nature.

Take pleasure in the fact yiur wife appreciated it and has accomplished a very big milestone.

my mother in law and my mother to some extent, just find something to complain about. It seems to be there nature.

Take pleasure in the fact yiur wife appreciated it and has accomplished a very big milestone.

Yep, I know that I did what I could to make her happy, and it did make her happy. I know it's just her mother looking for a reason to be unhappy, like you said it's her nature. But it really ways on my wife and I hate that.

Yep, I know that I did what I could to make her happy, and it did make her happy. I know it's just her mother looking for a reason to be unhappy, like you said it's her nature. But it really ways on my wife and I hate that.
I totally get it. We went to a musical on Saturday and left it singing and having a great time. After stopping by her moms for 45 minutes and hearing complaints about this person and that person, etc, Michelle said it pretty much wiped out all the great mood she had after the show.

Should've tagged her in that Facebook post. :alien:

If there is one thing I have learned from family and specifically this website, it's that people will complain just for the sake of complaining. You are never going to make everyone happy. You could have done things exactly the way she wanted, let her handle everything and she would have still found a way to complain.

Apparently, it's just humane nature. At least in my experience it is.

Don't sweat it.

If there is one thing I have learned from family and specifically this website, it's that people will complain just for the sake of complaining. You are never going to make everyone happy. You could have done things exactly the way she wanted, let her handle everything and she would have still found a way to complain.

Apparently, it's just humane nature. At least in my experience it is.

Don't sweat it.

100% agree with you, and I'm not sweating it. I know I did everything I could to make her happy, and I did. I just hate that it bothers Brittany.

100% agree with you, and I'm not sweating it. I know I did everything I could to make her happy, and I did. I just hate that it bothers Brittany.

That's the worst isn't it? You know you can handle it, but you always feel horrible if someone you love if affected by it. I 100% understand that.

It's been like two weeks now, almost. Wife is sick. Dog is sick. MIL has issues that apparently only I can fix. Pool broke, had to fix that. Audits/Inspections at work. And too little THP time.

been sick the last 3 days now. ugh.

So good news to end this, if a bit odd. The contents of my wallet were found on the golf course grounds. But my wallet was not. They said the cards were scattered on the ground. My wallet was a slim metal clip built for carrying cards so the only way that could have happened is if the cards were taken out. Weird. But if I had to lose one or the other permanently, the decision is a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back