What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
39. Only plus is that I figured out what I was doing wrong on hole #6 and finally got my iron distances back to normal. Had a good amount of putts end just outside the lip of the hole, so could have been a much better day. Frustrating but thats golf.

Sounds like you were real close to a very special round, Those putts just drop!
Sounds like you were VERY close to breaking par.

Sounds like you were real close to a very special round, Those putts just drop!
Sounds like you were VERY close to breaking par.

Yea, had a double due to a tree that I thought I cleared but hit a top branch and deflected into water. But I'm getting close to that par thing though. Still a bit of plinko going on on our greens

Yea, had a double due to a tree that I thought I cleared but hit a top branch and deflected into water. But I'm getting close to that par thing though. Still a bit of plinko going on on our greens

Where'd you play?

Fox creek greens were so smooth today. I almost forgot what that was like lol

That's a real thing? I thought greens that roll true were a myth

I went 42/54 for a 96. It's weird but I'm not upset with the score because it was a result of some mental errors(not taking into account how much the wind would help) and bad management of a hole where I should a have taken an unplayable lie instead of trying to hack it out. I finished with 32 putts and burned a lot of edges. I missed 4 birdie putts and hit 11/14 fairways and the others were still playable.

While the round is not what I would like score wise, I'm really encourage by this round. It was on a course I've never played and with the experience of a few holes on the back, I kept it in front of me all day. I can confidently say that if I had something on the line, money or competition, I would have mentally been better and would have managed my back 9 better. Overall a solid day and a ton to be proud of going into #TheGrandaddy.

My game goes downhill in a hurry if I don't play 5 days a week. Hope spring gets here soon.
Played Big Met today.
I don't think I made a putt over 5 feet in the 27 holes I played today.

38 - 39 = 77
32 putts with one 3 putt
4/14 FIR
8/18 GIR
3 birdies, 8 bogeys
http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ntanygd760/round/667135

15 putts
2/7 FIR
3/9 GIR
2 birdies 4 bogeys
http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ntanygd760/round/667136

2 of the birdies were 2 putt birdies on par 5's. The others were 2 feet, 3 feet and 4 feet

45/37 today at my home course. Started with 3 doubles first 4 holes. Settled down and made some good swings. Just can't get birdie putts to drop lately...
Shooting a 45 on the easy side and couldn't turn as fast on the back to keep up with you at a 39.

What a game we play...Probably shouldn't have played as I've been in bed ever since. Getting young sucks

Dead even 100. Had a few good shots but struggled off the tee. Next weekend awaits and I hope for some range time and to play a few times over the vacation I'm taking Thanksgivings week.

I had a fairly decent round going today with an 83. A couple of birds, some pars but too many bogeys. Nothing spectacular but did hit a few nice shots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

44/44 for 88. Will ESC to 87. Just can't hit an iron anymore. Frustrating.

9 FWY, 7 GIR, 36 putts (four 3-putts), 3 penalties.
7 pars, 8 bogies, 2 doubles, 1 quad.

Write this round off. Better days ahead!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did not keep score, played six4three5 in an 18 hole match play round, very windy conditions, may it tough to play well, I did win 4 & 3

My first time playing at Morgan Creek in Surrey and ohh well.... shot a disappointing 104 :banghead:! Played from the blues which is 6638 yards and a 71.9/132 rating. My first time ever playing in a "winter" setup. I was playing alone today and when I arrived at the pro shop they said, there's a threesome teeing up right now, join them... No warm up, new course and new grips!

Only positive notes, I got a birdie to push my streak to three rounds in a row and it was a beautiful day out golfing !

11058214_10156178163155545_4423384120982470451_n_zpsza8sethf.jpg

My first time playing at Morgan Creek in Surrey and ohh well.... shot a disappointing 104 :banghead:! Played from the blues which is 6638 yards and a 71.9/132 rating. My first time ever playing in a "winter" setup. I was playing alone today and when I arrived at the pro shop they said, there's a threesome teeing up right now, join them... No warm up, new course and new grips!

Only positive notes, I got a birdie to push my streak to three rounds in a row and it was a beautiful day out golfing !

I hope you enjoyed it! Playing there is usually a treat and it's a really tough track from the blue tees.

Shot an 81 yesterday in my first round in almost 2 months. Struck the ball pretty well. No birdies, no doubles, no 3-putts. Just a standard bogey-par round. Not upset, at all, due to the long layoff and I didn't really feel like I lost a lot of touch around the greens like I usually feel when I take a significant break from the game.

11058214_10156178163155545_4423384120982470451_n_zpsza8sethf.jpg
Under the circumstances not a horrible score.
Especially having to jump out there with 3 strangers without a warm up at a new course.
Looks pretty though.

Played at a new course about two hours from home, San Juan Oaks up in Hollister, CA. The entire drive it was raining hard and when we arrived the rain was slowing but the wind was picking up as the front moved through. As you can imagine the course was a little soggy and the wind picked up to 25 mph and was cold as it was coming off the ocean.

At the end of the day I was very pleased with my 87. Didn't strike the ball particularly well except for my driver, didn't have any long putts drop and thought I might have been 90+, pleasantly surprised to end up where I did. No birdies, two doubles and only 5 pars. But, considering the conditions, pleased. Reminded me why I love summer so much, it was truly difficult to get loosened up especially after not wanting to hit the range because of the wind/rain.

Snuck out to a muni track near work and played 18 before the foot of snow comes... Shot 37/38 +3.

Sent from my E6883 using Tapatalk

Snuck out to a muni track near work and played 18 before the foot of snow comes... Shot 37/38 +3.

Great round buddy. Sorry about the snow. Probably got another week or 2 here till were shut out.

Great round buddy. Sorry about the snow. Probably got another week or 2 here till were shut out.
Very easy track. Just wanted to get some final swings in for a while ;)

Not bad... not bad!:clapp:

I shot 78(40, 38) at my home course. It was the first time I've played the course since they overseeded. With the crazy weather we have had here, the greens are a bit crappy. The greens were not consistent. Some were slow and others were quick. I won some money from the old geezers and had a bit of fun. Some guys are going to be playing in other groups b/c of some hdcp. sandbagging going on. Time to hit the range and work on my tempo and rhythm.

Managed to get my first round of golf at Bethpage. Played the Red and had a great time. Came home with an 85, 31 putts (no 3 putts) and a little birdie landed on the card. Walked it and its not as bad a walk as I was told. Greens were slow today and have very subtle breaks, I aimed for a slight break only for it to go straight. Rough and sand was fair, location off the teebox was key to this course and being on the correct side of the fairways helped on all holes.

Key for me today was to try and hit all the par 3's in regulation and do the same for the par 5's. As for the long par 4's I treated them as par 5's, laid up at 100 yards with my second and tried to knock it close with a wedge. It seemed to work and I'm more than happy to have a round in the 80's first time out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back