How would you play this hole?

RTJ - Grand National
#7 Par 4 - Links Course
c01aa38995a7b097e98bf28734c4c3a5.jpg

This is a tough/long hole no matter what tee's we play. Going to be driver for me and then an extra club to get me to get to the green.

Orange-Play like a par 5, driver, 5I (maybe heavenwood or hybo depending on position), wedge
White-Driver, then hopefully a 5I or Hybo in

Orange-Play like a par 5, driver, 5I (maybe heavenwood or hybo depending on position), wedge
White-Driver, then hopefully a 5I or Hybo in

Think you birdied this on the SIM. You got this one and think you carry Freddie on this one.

7) Nothing easy about that one. From the tips a good drive is driver hybrid, average is driver 5 wood and anything worse is laying up on a par 4 =(
Still no gimme from the orange although a good drive might have a mid iron. White is actually doable with a non good drive. Hard hole no matter what though

#6 - 5 wood, 4 hybrid, SW

#7 - Driver, probably 5 wood

RTJ - Grand National
#8 Par 4 - Links Course

623c40a909a9d1eb3532dbc3ded57629.jpg

Taking iron off this tee as I don't see the need to attempt to get close. Want to get into wedge range to have a better chance of holding that green and avoiding danger.

So of you big hitters who is going for it?

RTJ - Grand National
#8 Par 4 - Links Course

Taking iron off this tee as I don't see the need to attempt to get close. Want to get into wedge range to have a better chance of holding that green and avoiding danger.

Even if I'm playing the whites, I'm not going for this green off the tee.

I'm taking whatever iron puts me at the end of the fairway off the tee. OR....if the edge of the fairway puts me in-between clubs, then I'll play back to around the 150 mark so I can have a full 9 iron or PW into the green.

Even if I'm playing the whites, I'm not going for this green off the tee.

I'm taking whatever iron puts me at the end of the fairway off the tee. OR....if the edge of the fairway puts me in-between clubs, then I'll play back to around the 150 mark so I can have a full 9 iron or PW into the green.

Agree there with you. Heck I wouldn't go for it from the green tee's.

Agree there with you. Heck I wouldn't go for it from the green tee's.

I might take a gamble from there with the right wind (or no wind). I can carry my 20* hybrid that far, just not sure it would stay on the green.

8) No chance from the tips so just some sort of hybrid short of the bunkers. From the orange and white I probably go for driver if I am feeling it, the carry isn't as far as it looks.

7 - driver the hybrid to short iron depending on the tees
8 - driver is in play here from all the tees. This would be a hole where a practice round would be beneficial to see if driver is worth the risk. My thought here would be can I get up and down from in front of the green or the bunkers for birdie more often than making birdie from the fairway. If the answer is yes then the risk is worth it IMO. If no the layup off the tee to 90 yds and wedge into the green.

The green appears to be 28 feet lower than the tee box on 8 as well.

#8 - 5 wood, SW or GW

RTJ - Grand National
#8 Par 4 - Links Course

Looks a little tight to be going for it. Doesn't look like there is too much room to miss.

#6 Looks like 3 wood off the tee and then laying up to a wedge distance. Definitely a 3 shot hole.

#7 Driver off the tee and then going with an extra club to the elevated green.

#8 I am probably taking a 6 or 7 iron off the tee and putting myself into wedge distance.

Edit on 8..I wouldn't mind trying to drive that green though.

Driver wedge easy peasy :)

#2 is a three shot gem. Some will be tempted to go for it, but not me. The green is tricky looking and I would rather have some sort of control going into it with a shorter iron.

#3 is long iron or hybo depending on the tees. I think wind plays a devilish role here.

#4 I'm trying to get to the middle of the fairway setting up a fade into the green. I want nothing to do with the left side of that green complex.

#5 I'm realistically willing to take a little shorter drive and take the fairway bunkers out of play. From there, let's see what we have in to the green.

#6 is.......surprise........ A three shot hole for me. I can maybe hit 3w but probably still driver off the tee and then play to yardages. On the third shot I might even take my chances with an extra club.

#7 is quite possibly a three shot hole for me. It's long and trying to lean on one could be bad. Bogey here for me would be a good score.

#8 is driver and whatever is left. Just find the fairway please.

JM

Links Course

1) driver mid iron or 3 wood short iron

2) driver heavenwood or hybrid

3) 5iron or 7i depending on tees

4) Driver and mid or short iron in

5) 3W or Heavenwood depending on tees then 8 or 9I in

6) 3 shot par 5 3w 7i wedge

7) similar play if from the orange driver long iron in

8) 3H to end if fairway SW to middle of the green

RTJ - Grand National
#9 Par 3 Links Course
4632d67f06cd2ace6a641e0d6d011278.jpg

6iron from the orange or a PW - 9i from the white tees. Miss short I am okay. Anywhere else it's dead.

Back