Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
2290499a-dd78-443c-9194-784860281f8e.jpg

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ARC ENTERTAINMENT ACQUIRES "THE SQUEEZE"
First Great Golf Movie In Years to be Released This Spring

LOS ANGELES (February 10, 2015) - ARC Entertainment has acquired all North American rights to the thriller film, THE SQUEEZE. Directed and written by Terry Jastrow, the filmstars Jeremy Sumpter ("Friday Night Lights", Peter Pan), Christopher McDonald ("Shooter McGavin" in Happy Gilmore), Katherine LaNasa (The Campaign), Jillian Murray (Bad Ass), Michael Nouri (Flashdance), and Jason Dohring (Veronica Mars). ARC Entertainment will be releasing THE SQUEEZE on premium VOD and in select markets in 12 top markets in the U.S. on April 17 (Friday after The Masters).
8a4d11c4-0ff0-45ac-b314-14425fc8b45e.jpg

THE SQUEEZE is a caper about a notorious gambler who discovers a modest young man in a small rural town with uncommon golf skills. Seeing his potential, the gambler convinces him to abandon his dreams of winning the US Open and start playing in high-stakes matches. They don't lose. The stakes grow higher and higher until the game becomes "life or death."

"I watched THE SQUEEZE and really enjoyed it," said Jack Nicklaus, Winner of 18 Major Golf Championships. "It's a fun movie that tells an interesting story, and the golf elements are so real you actually believe it could happen."

"THE SQUEEZE is a wonderful golf movie because it's so authentic," said Five Time Major Championship Winner, Phil Mickelson. "It hooks you in the beginning and stays interesting and entertaining right to the end. I'm looking forward to seeing it again."

"THE SQUEEZE has the best poker scene I've ever seen in a movie," said Steve Wynn, Chairman of Wynn Resorts. "If you like gambling, golf and Las Vegas, you'll love this movie."

THE SQUEEZE was produced by Anne Archer, Terry Jastrow, Brian McCormack, Michael Doven, and George Parra and executive produced by Simon Horsman and Milton Kim. The film was negotiated by ARC Entertainment's Trevor Drinkwater and Terry Jastrow on behalf of the filmmakers.

"THE SQUEEZE uniquely captures the riveting story of a wholesome young golfer who gets caught up in the underworld of illegal gambling," said ARC Entertainment's Head of Acquisitions Scott Moesta. "Terry Jastrow and the cast did a fantastic job with this film and it will keep audiences on the edge of their seats."

ABOUT ARC ENTERTAINMENT

ARC Entertainment (www.arc-ent.com) is a fully integrated distribution company providing both physical and digital distribution and sales services for entertainment-based products. ARC Entertainment monetizes Content in multiple revenue streams including: Theatrical Distribution, DVD, Blu-ray, Digital, Electronic Sell-through, Streaming, VOD, PPV, Pay and Free TV. ARC Entertainment's unparalleled relationships with national retailers, coupled with strong sales and marketing expertise, enables the Company to explore unique programs and business models for its content partners.

Sounds like this could be a good movie. Will definitely check it out.

This is something I really want to see. Funny that Phil made comment about how authentic it is and Jack said it's an interesting story. They should have asked Watney his thoughts lol.

Will definitely be on my must see list.

I'll watch it, but the best part of the named cast is someone from Flashdance.

~Rock

I know I will see it, probably at the theatre instead of waiting for it to hit PPV or DVD.

That cast is a little shakey at best. Not sure ill see this in the theatre, pay for view..maybe. Also not sure about the reviews from Jack and Phil.

Not sure it will beat out Tin Cup as my favorite golf movie but it looks like a good movie. I mean Shooter from happy Gilmore is in it has to be good.

Always ready for a new golf movie, looking forward to watching this one

Looks good, I'll definitely check this one out.

Interesting, I'll watch it!

I'll watch it, but to me its a mistake to put Christopher McDonald in there, he will forever be shooter macgavin

I mean it has Shooter McGavin, so it has to be good.

Sounds like this one could be a good flick!

Golf....poker....gambling... I'm in....all in !!

I'll buy it. It'll fit in good with Tin Cup, Rounders, and High Roller (Stu Ungar story).

Just watched this on pay per view tonight, the golf scenes were pretty good, the acting was not so good. Final golf scenes were shot at the Wynn Las Vegas.....it's gorgeous!

Saw the preview, looks somewhat ok. But I will be watching it no matter what none the less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping as it airs tonight at 8:00 on TGC. . Looking forward to it.

Bump for tonight.

So who's watching this tonight? I know my wife and I are.

Amanda and I will be watching for sure.

Back