Distance Measuring Devices

I used to be a gps guy for few years. Then when the skycaddie died I went to the failure known as the Callaway uPro MX for about half a season before tossing it in the trash where it belonged.
The laser technology intrigued me, so I jumped in and bought a Bushnell Tour V3 Patriot and have been using it ever since. I admit, I feel a bit lost on a course if I don't have it.

I have FreeCaddie on my cell phone. Nice and simple and gives front of the green, center and back of the green yardage. That's all I want.

Garmin S4 & Bushnell Tour V3

won't miss them...

Absolutely do use them, both a laser range finder and a GPS.

I use a rangefinder (Leupold 3i2), watch (Garmin s2) and the GolfLogix app.
Not all at the same time, it depends on what course and what bag I am using on a given day. Walking with the watch is great - I use the laser at away courses and when I am in a cart.

I do, I use a lazer. I do so because they started to become popular once I picked up golf. I didn't play in the days you had to either use a sprinkler head or certain bush/tree and walk off your distance. I'm pretty good at gauging a decent distance but I love having the confidence in knowing the exact distance.

Use and app on phone and never got a laser due to price.

I do, I use a lazer. I do so because they started to become popular once I picked up golf. I didn't play in the days you had to either use a sprinkler head or certain bush/tree and walk off your distance. I'm pretty good at gauging a decent distance but I love having the confidence in knowing the exact distance.

Get out of my brain haha my exact thoughts as well

Get out of my brain haha my exact thoughts as well
My old man is grossly good at gauging distances. I'm talking with in 3-6 yards every time where I'm in the 10 yard neighborhood but it's just way easier and quicker to shoot the pin.

My old man is grossly good at gauging distances. I'm talking with in 3-6 yards every time where I'm in the 10 yard neighborhood but it's just way easier and quicker to shoot the pin.

It's called old school

Yes. I use two.

A Bushnell Neo XS GPS watch and a Bushnell Tour X laser rangefinder.

+1, Bushnell Neo XS watch for general distance, timing the round and measuring shots, then Bushnell V3 laser to get exact yardage on Par 3s and approach shots.

It's called old school

Haha he's only second best I've seen to Trouter. Dude was right on the money just about all weekend when we played in Myrtle.

I use a Garmin Approach G7, I like that I can touch the screen and estimate what difference shot distances will leave me to the hole, whether its off the tee or tryin to lay up to a desired number on a par 5. Never tried a laser, I am intrigued by them but I am very happy with my G7

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I played with a PGA Pro, from the left rough he called the distance on the button. 171. still bottles my mind thinking about it.

I played with a PGA Pro, from the left rough he called the distance on the button. 171. still bottles my mind thinking about it.
It's scary really. Just something from experience I'm sure but when I shoot it and he says 92 and I get 91-94 it just makes me laugh now.

I use a Bushnell laser, I like knowing the distance.

I got a GPS this year and I don't know how I went this long without one.

Yes. I use a bushnell laser. Not just to go to the flag but to measure how far a tree is or a bend to factor in carry.

Golf buddy GPS. Gives me more confidence in my club selection.

I use a laser rangefinder. not the latest and greatest but it works and helps me out a lot since my judgement of distance otherwise is horrible.

Skycaddie Lynx watch.

I use an app on my phone. The price is right, and I don't think I've ever been totally wamboozled by the distances being off. A laser range finder is on my Christmas list, though. Sure wouldn't mind getting that kind of accuracy with my yardages, even if I can't get it with my swing.

Leupold laser. Been using it for 2 years. Prefer it much more than the skycaddie I had. Quick and easy to use. Glad I made the switch from gps. Although I am looking at the watches........

I have a Bushnell GPS that I love, but I really want to try a laser. Sometimes it just takes too long to zoom in and get the distance to a hazard. I'd like to just shoot a lazer at it.

Yep I use one. I used to use a SkyCaddie SGXw but I now have a Bushnell Tour v3 and absolutely love it! I tried cbaker's 1M last weekend but it is too bulky for me.

Back