TaylorMade Driver Question

TIGolfer1996

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys, it's good to get my head out of the books for awhile and get back here (college comes before golf) Anyways, my dad and I were gifted a TaylorMade SLDR S driver from a relative because he couldn't hit it, I asked him what the shaft was and he said the driver Flex Shaft" does anyone know what that means? Really stumped on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, it's good to get my head out of the books for awhile and get back here (college comes before golf) Anyways, my dad and I were gifted a TaylorMade SLDR S driver from a relative because he couldn't hit it, I asked him what the shaft was and he said the driver Flex Shaft" does anyone know what that means? Really stumped on this one.

Do you have it in hand? Sounds like an answer of someone that didn't know what you were asking for (which was very clear btw).

The stock shaft for the S's were Fujikura Speeder 57s fwiw.

Sounds like he really did not know the flex to me.

Do you have it in hand? Sounds like an answer of someone that didn't know what you were asking for.

It's at my house and my dad just said he can't find anything indicating the flex, said it was pretty whippy. Here's a picture of some of the shaft
d0ede2e7914ed396a5351a12468da980.jpg

Do you have it in hand? Sounds like an answer of someone that didn't know what you were asking for.

Perhaps he meant it has the most flexible shaft offered by TM, which would be a Senior Flex shaft. TM uses an "M" to designate Senior Shafts. ("S" of course, would designate a Stiff shaft, while "R" designates a Regular Flex). Look for one of the (3) on the side of the shaft along side or opposite the shaft logo.

:bashful:

On it should say S or R or M if it is that whippy....

It's at my house and my dad just said he can't find anything indicating the flex, said it was pretty whippy. Here's a picture of some of the shaft
d0ede2e7914ed396a5351a12468da980.jpg

Turn it 90* up, and look a little down the shaft and there should be the shaft flex.

Turn it 90* up, and look a little down the shaft and there should be the shaft flex.

Don't have it with me, I'm away at school, I'll see it in a few weeks. If it's really whippy could it be a Sr. Flex?

Don't have it with me, I'm away at school, I'll see it in a few weeks. If it's really whippy could it be a Sr. Flex?

It's such a subjective, and quite frankly overused, term really. No idea until you get the club in hand, they're identical besides the flex.

It's such a subjective, and quite frankly overused, term really. No idea until you get the club in hand, they're identical besides the flex.

This should help!
1dd9903bc95dacc714100e0146ff27c6.jpg

Stiff flex. But that doesn't mean it can't feel whippy. depends in what the user is coming from or used to

Clubs marketed for Japan have shafts slightly with more flex than those targeted for the US. Also, "stiff" is meant to denote it's flex relative to the other shafts, but no numbers are tied to it.

Stiff shafts could go anywhere from 250 to 280 cpm from one brand to another.

Also, "stiff" is meant to denote it's flex relative to the other shafts, but no numbers are tied to it.

This is not 100% accurate.
While there is no standardization, there are frequencies.

I had the Speeder 57 "made for" Taylormade in my SLDR in R flex.
I then bought a real deal Speeder VC5.0 R flex for it and the TM version seemed a lot firmer to me. The made-for kept up with my meager low 90's swing speed.

Back