A tough course with water course, 3-4 balls

How many did you lose at Hideaway?

Good question. They gave us 2 dozen balls and I came home missing 2 sleeves. So I lost 6 balls. Having a caddie helps for sure. Much harder to lose them (except in water) with those guys spotting them for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually don't lose golf balls during a round. Every so often I'll dump one in the water. If a course has a LOT of water I may lose 2-3

1 or 2 usually don't lose too many balls

Probably 6 or 7

Last 2 rounds has been 3/round unfortunately. When I am playing well it should be 2 max.

Last edited:
I can play a round or two with the same ball or I can lose 9 in one round. So short answer an average of a sleeve per round.

The last round, I only lost 1 and that was off of a bladed wedge into the surrounding neighborhood. I sure wish I could get that type of distance from my driver. :sad:

I'm going to say probably 3 depending on how the water was in play. Less if it's just left or right, maybe more if it's a lot of forced carries. Can't remember having a round where I lost more than 4.

Hopefully, it's in the 1-3 range, but on this course, it could creep up a bit.

1 I hope, but I've been known to lose one or two on some days...........

I think I lost 7 balls on the Pete Dye course at Hideaway. A couple of those were risky shots I hit knowing I had a partner in good shape but I didn't do well at keeping a ball in play the entire round

I tend not to lose balls anymore, as I've learned to play safer shots on tougher courses, but I will switch out my ball 2 or 3 times during a round if it starts to get beat up.

Normal round - 4 to 5 balls.

Round at this time of year in NE - 17 to 18 balls.

If I'm playing q practice round and lot of balls I will go through 10-12 easy because sometimes u just don't feel like going to the other fairway to get your mishit last ball.
Normal round Probly like 5-7. I am bad a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say 1-3. If it's an absolute awful day it could be higher but it should be right around there. The last 3 rounds I've managed to play the same ball.

I'd say 3-5.

If the question is how many I would play, assuming I don't find any, the answer would be 8.

If, however, I find a few along the way, I would probably net out at +3. Unless I don't look for balls (which is never - I always look for balls).

Last edited:
Have I been playing my driver? :alien:

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Lately 6-8, on average probably 3-4. For me water plays little role, I might lose 1-2 balls in the water on a course like Apollo Beach with water everywhere. I lose most of my balls OOB and in the woods. I bet 3/4 of my balls are lost off the tee.

Depends on what swing I bring to the course. Usually 2-4. It used to be 6 or more, and sadly I still don't score any better despite losing less balls.

3-4 depending on how I play the last 3 holes at my home course.

On a tough course, maybe 4, though on a bad day it's been known to be more like 9 or 10.

Lots of water im guessing 2-5 if im lucky. Most courses around me dont have hardly any water apart from a creek or small pond so im not really sure how id go with a course with lots of water.

Back