Apple Watch Series 3

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I searched but couldn't find a thread on this one. I know THP'ers have to be using this device... what are your thoughts? I need a new watch and made the switch to an iPhone recently so I can finally get one of these, yet I find myself unsure if its what I really want as I have always been a traditional watch guy.

Do you have one? Likes/Dislikes?

GG has one.
Im still using the Series 1 and for our uses, they seem to do the same thing.

I have the series 3 GPS, coming from the "series 0" - the original watch. It's significantly faster, and I really like having the GPS for running. That combined with the AirPods means I can go for a run, measure distance, and listen to music without having to take my phone with me.

I have the series 3 GPS, coming from the "series 0" - the original watch. It's significantly faster, and I really like having the GPS for running. That combined with the AirPods means I can go for a run, measure distance, and listen to music without having to take my phone with me.

Love mine for all of these reasons and the fact that it is waterproof. I'm also hooking up the phone feature in the next couple weeks. It will be well worth the extra $10 per month so I can leave my phone behind and still be reachable when I'm cycling, golfing, running, paddling, etc.

I've had a Series 3 since September, and I am very happy with my watch. I like being able to pair my Bose wireless earphones with the watch and listen to music without lugging my phone around when out walking or riding my bike. The phone feature is very handy as well: aside from leaving the phone behind while exercising, I can screen calls/texts at work without reaching for my phone.

I have a series 3 wifi model. I've had an apple iwatch since they came out. I also like traditional watches but never wear one anymore because I won't get credit for my activities, lol. Other than that it's nice to see my notifications without having to pull out my phone but that's pretty much it, a glorified notification tool with fitness tracker.

I have one. Don’t have the data plan on it. But really enjoy it for notifications as well as tracking activity, workouts and other health info.

Also used The FunGolf gps app last year for a month and it worked pretty well. If I don’t find a better one I’ll be using that app again (it replaced my Garmin x20 gps watch).

For any of you 3 owners.......did you make the jump from a 2? If so....was it worth it?

Thinking of making the jump because of the cell data feature etc.

Thanks!

I really enjoy mine (series 2) and the waterproofing is a huge plus over the older versions. If you don't mind your phone in your pocket I would go with a series 2, but my friend loves the GPS option and being able to leave his phone in the bag with the s3. He also said the new series 3 would be able to factor in elevation with the introduction of the barometric altimeter in the watch, but I cannot confirm if this is true or not.

I've had the series 1 for a little over 2 years so far and can't imaging life without it. I love it to screen calls and texts as well as a regular watch. I'm sure the newer versions are faster and that is probably the biggest complaint I have with the 1. I'll most likely wait until the 4 to update.

For any of you 3 owners.......did you make the jump from a 2? If so....was it worth it?

Thinking of making the jump because of the cell data feature etc.

Thanks!

This was the first time I got an Apple Watch, so can’t help with any comparisons between previous versions.

Thanks guys, I'm still unsure its what I want or need but I do like a lot of the features. I see it much like my phone, its overpriced and has so many features I will never understand or use but its kinda cool anyways. I might just go pick one up and see if I like it.

So I swore for the longest time (after trying android wear for a while) that smart watches were silly gimmicks. Toys if you will. Relevant info here: I’m a giant child, and a tech geek.

I bought a series 3 with cell last night. ??

What are the must have apps and such? What do you use your watch for?

So I swore for the longest time (after trying android wear for a while) that smart watches were silly gimmicks. Toys if you will. Relevant info here: I’m a giant child, and a tech geek.

I mostly use mine for notifications (mainly text) and also tracking steps. I’ll be using it for golf, and will be looking at fungolf and golf logix apps this year.

I've been contemplating one as well but probably series 2. It seems like the notifications and GPS for golf would be nice.

I've had my Series 3 for a few weeks now, my only previous "smart" watch was the Garmin S20. This is a whole 'nother world. Can't wait to use "The Grint" from my watch instead of my phone :)

I've been contemplating one as well but probably series 2. It seems like the notifications and GPS for golf would be nice.

I used GolfLogix today and it worked remarkably well for F/M/B, but no club tracking info on the watch. So I scored with my phone and checked yardage’s with my watch.

I used GolfLogix today and it worked remarkably well for F/M/B, but no club tracking info on the watch. So I scored with my phone and checked yardage’s with my watch.

Do you have to have the cell plan to use GolfLogix?

Do you have to have the cell plan to use GolfLogix?

No. You have to have your phone running GolfLogix for the Watch app to work right.

I've been using mine for about 2 weeks now and am enjoying it. I wish there were some better watch faces available or more customization but I bought it mainly because I like wearing a watch and it works well with my phone. I find that the activity rings are helpful for motivation to get some daily exercise and the heart rate monitor is decent. Messages and notifications work pretty well on the apps I allow to do that. I have even taken a few phone calls when at home on the watch and it seems to work pretty well, but not something I would do in public. I do wish the charge lasted longer than 2 days however, thats all I can get out of it and thats not really using it to do much. I definitely am interested to see how Arccos works on it as well as affecting battery life.

I still have a series 2 and trying to decide if I really 'need' a 3. I like not having to carry my phone around and can take calls just from the watch.

I've been using mine for about 2 weeks now and am enjoying it. I wish there were some better watch faces available or more customization but I bought it mainly because I like wearing a watch and it works well with my phone. I find that the activity rings are helpful for motivation to get some daily exercise and the heart rate monitor is decent. Messages and notifications work pretty well on the apps I allow to do that. I have even taken a few phone calls when at home on the watch and it seems to work pretty well, but not something I would do in public. I do wish the charge lasted longer than 2 days however, thats all I can get out of it and thats not really using it to do much. I definitely am interested to see how Arccos works on it as well as affecting battery life.

I’m with you on the battery life. I’d love to get two to three days out it.

I knew going in that I was going to be charging it daily and this far it hasnt been an issue for me. I have no trouble getting through a day. Including streaming music and pretty heavily using it for notifications and such. I typically charge it every night while getting ready for bed.

Back