Why does food just...

Damn I need to step up my car game and now I'm very hungry

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The Toyota dealership I bought my car from gives you a meal whenever you've got an appointment. And it's not bad either.

I'm with Freddie on breakfast. Even when I make myself a nice omelet or breakfast sandwich, it's always better when I eat out at a restaurant or diner.

Salads!! I can never get a salad to look or taste like one I have out somewhere. So disappointing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mainly because I can't cook.

Most of the stuff I get eating out tastes better than what we make at home. Except for anything off the bbq or out of the smoker. About the only styles of cooking I'm good at.

I'm with you Freddie. And it's almost expected when I eat out, that the food will taste better than what I/we make at home, but what drives me nuts is when I can't replicate my mother's cooking. It's got to be mental (or subconscious).

I truly believe it all comes down to salt. Chefs cook with so much more salt than home cooks do. No matter how much salt we think we use, chefs always use more.

I totally agree on salads too, and I think a big part of that is because it's too expensive to make those beautiful salads at home because you would need so many ingredients, and if they are using homemade dressing, that is going to taste way better than the store bought stuff most people use.
You nailed it here. I always figured I couldn't replicate my mom's cooking because she uses an entire stick of butter to cook anything, but maybe it's salt as well?

I get a Keuring coffee and a granola bar at my Honda dealer . . . :disapointed:
I bought my car from Northway Toyota in Latham, the one that is currently being remodeled, and operating out of the old Friendly's building. I was offered nothing (which stunk because I really wanted a Jim Dandy).

I bought my car from Northway Toyota in Latham, the one that is currently being remodeled, and operating out of the old Friendly's building. I was offered nothing (which stunk because I really wanted a Jim Dandy).

But did you ask them for one? :D

I know that area well. It's between Bellini's Counter and BurgerFi.

I don't think it's because of the homemade taste, but I don't really enjoy cooking much anymore so that doesn't help the taste. I agree with others that healthy eating can be done well, but it's still not the same as using a lot of delicious butter.

You nailed it here. I always figured I couldn't replicate my mom's cooking because she uses an entire stick of butter to cook anything, but maybe it's salt as well?

This homeless-looking guy will help you negotiate for a Fribble

d3b81eba0bd41e1f9f459c69e9aa90b3.jpg

I get a Keuring coffee and a granola bar at my Honda dealer . . . :disapointed:

Not only did I get eggs but after I signed for the wife’s car they treated us to Capital Grill.

I truly believe it all comes down to salt. Chefs cook with so much more salt than home cooks do. No matter how much salt we think we use, chefs always use more.

so true, but also when the salt is used. it’s used throughout and along the way to build flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife is the world's best cook. Everything she makes tastes better than what I order out

Breakfast always seems to taste better out for me. It's the one meal I feel that way about consistently. Don't know what it is.

Not only did I get eggs but after I signed for the wife’s car they treated us to Capital Grill.

Well played, sir. Well played.

I totally agree on salads too, and I think a big part of that is because it's too expensive to make those beautiful salads at home because you would need so many ingredients, and if they are using homemade dressing, that is going to taste way better than the store bought stuff most people use.

It is seasoning thing. Over salted food seems to be every chefs M.O. I try use different seasonings when cooking to impart good flavor.

Back