No Cobra clubs at Dicks Sporting goods.

PatsFan

Jedi Knight
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
myself
I went in there and I wanted to try the Cobra F8 but No luck since they have no Cobra Clubs ATM.

Sales guys said dicks and cobra are fighting about what line they will carry.

I did buy some nice 5.56 ammo so it wasn't a complete waste of a trip.

Peace

I've given up on DSG, don't even bother going in there anymore.

The one by my house carries just older irons and a few older drivers. Seems like they are trying to get out of the business more than build it up when you go look at what they have to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSG dropped a bunch of brands to focus on house brands and the Big3

margins are high in apparel, not so high in equipment

fwiw they have current release Cobra available online

It’s not just cobra. It’s Mizuno, titleist, and most of the smaller brands. PGA tour superstore is 30 minutes from my house and dicks is about 2 minutes and I’ll choose pga any day.

Im with ya...when we go to one of the bigger cities the ol lady will ask me "hey theres a Dicks you want to go" Im like...nope not worth it

They won’t be carrying them in-store at all. I was referred to Golf Galaxy by 2 different DSG managers.

They won’t be carrying them in-store at all. I was referred to Golf Galaxy by 2 different DSG managers.

For now. That could be changing very soon : )

There is a new DSG about 3/4 mile from my house, and I like the Walter Hagen golf shirts so I'll buy those there quite a bit. Sometimes I'll buy balls there when I don't have time to hit up the local Callaway rep directly, and maybe a glove if I'm in a pinch. But I never even consider buying clubs from them.

I only buy balls on sale at DSG everything else at their store has to much of a mark up because of the high overhead operating costs of these super stores

They are not carrying any at two locations near me. Although I wouldn't buy clubs from Dick's.

Confused by your post. Do you mean cobra returning to Dicks or the 20 or so Galaxies left that carry Cobra won’t any longer?

I hope so. DSG is 10 mins away, vs other “good” stores at almost 1 hour away. I’d love to try the new stuff and see more golfers be able to get their hands on the F8 line.

I hope so. DSG is 10 mins away, vs other “good” stores at almost 1 hour away. I’d love to try the new stuff and see more golfers be able to get their hands on the F8 line.

This is how I feel also. I'd much rather stop by here when I need something golf related, but not having the newest line of golf balls even has to hurt their sales. The one by my house still doesn't carry the Q Star Tours.

Sadly I have to go there for my golf balls. I play the maxfli softfli and thats therir ball.

The salesman said they were discussing it with Cobra about which lineup they would offer.

There is a new DSG about 3/4 mile from my house, and I like the Walter Hagen golf shirts so I'll buy those there quite a bit. Sometimes I'll buy balls there when I don't have time to hit up the local Callaway rep directly, and maybe a glove if I'm in a pinch. But I never even consider buying clubs from them.

I have used their back room launch monitor a couple of times to try out a new club when I was bored. Hit the Rogue irons a few weeks ago. Nice.

I was in a DSG last week and they were selling RBZ metal woods on the rack. :bulgy-eyes:

I have used their back room launch monitor a couple of times to try out a new club when I was bored. Hit the Rogue irons a few weeks ago. Nice.

Yeah, when they first opened that store I did that several times. One day I was hitting a driver and the results I got didn't quite seem real -- I didn't feel like I was swinging nearly as fast as the results indicated. I had gotten to know the guy who ran the department and he agreed that something seemed amiss. The store was brand new and he hadn't been fully trained on the monitor tool yet, but we looked through the settings and found something that appeared to provide an adjustment that would let you "wink-wink" dial the results up or down as much as you wanted. It was set to make the results appear quite a bit higher than reality. At least that's what it looked like to both of us. Obviously I'm no expert on these things and I have no idea if there is a legitimate use for a setting like that. But it smelled fishy.

On the other hand, tomcat, it IS nice to have a bay that close to home. And I had no idea they were carrying the Rogues already. I love that their bay is a lot larger and more open than the demo bays at PGA Superstore. No matter how much I try to convince myself I'm not going to hit the ceiling or walls in those little bays, my mind just doesn't believe it. I feel claustrophobic. I always swing so terribly in those.

This is how I feel also. I'd much rather stop by here when I need something golf related, but not having the newest line of golf balls even has to hurt their sales. The one by my house still doesn't carry the Q Star Tours.

Its unbelievable how they do it...they have limited inventory availability for the stores who don’t have a “separate golf entrance.”

So basically 75% of their stores have limited inventory. Wow

My local GG has cobra irons and drivers and a full slate of mizuno irons. Dicks must be de-emphasizing golf and leaving it to their golf specific side of the house.

My local GG has cobra irons and drivers and a full slate of mizuno irons. Dicks must be de-emphasizing golf and leaving it to their golf specific side of the house.

Except in Albany, NY, where they closed the GG on Jan 6 and "spread" the inventory and services among four DSGs in the area, loosely speaking. Is a puzzlement.

The largest independent golf center around here said the GG closure has been great for them. Looks like it will be good for us as well. Their service, if anything, is better now than when GG was open.

DSG is kind of weird honestly, my local store in my rural community has been selling off all of its Cobra inventory and isn't getting the F8 line as far as they know. They are however getting the full line of Callaway clubs, including the Sub Zero woods models and Pro iron models, which they've never had. They're also carrying a full line of Ping G400 clubs with a full fitting cart, which they've also never had.

Unfortunately they do have the older house models on many of the racks so the current line options aren't exactly plentiful...

I could be wrong but the last I heard was DSG was not getting anymore Cobra as the Cobra inventory will be going to GG

98% of the clothes Alyssa wears comes from DSG, so while in there the other night for her, I wondered into the golf section, and thought I walked through a portal and into 2016. The only thing that appeared to be current year release were the golf balls.

Back