Got the bug again, about the third time in 15 years since i first started playing.

golfdawg

Reaction score
Handicap
I have lots of hobbies, but Golf has always been one of my top 2 since i started playing 15 years ago. Last 2-3 years though it's been hard to keep the interest because i have just not had the spare time to practice, and then spend 5-6 hours playing. I am 43, and now have two little ones three and under, so between them, and my new bride golf has taken a backseat (more like put in the trunk).

Best golf for me was about 10 years ago, and i was a low 80's guy, with 4-5 rounds in the high 70's when things went right. Right now i would say i am hovering in the mid 90s, with a bad day i can creep back over 100 as i have 2-3 times in the past 3 years.

Last year i played about 4 rounds of golf, and year before that only about 6, and that is a big contrast from my peak years of 50-60 rounds of golf in a year.

So far i have 6 rounds planned before first of June, first round coming in April, so the past 2 weeks have seen me at the range, and working more on my stretches and functional strength as opposed to my heavy lifting.

Last few weeks have also seen me upgrade my Driver (F7+), 3W and 3H to all F7 family, and already excited about the 3W and 3H after one range session, driver just came in today.

Either way just wanted to say good to be back and excited about golf again.

Matt
Charlotte,NC

Got the bug again, about the third time in 15 years since i first started playing.

Welcome back!!

Welcome back!!!

I have lots of hobbies, but Golf has always been one of my top 2 since i started playing 15 years ago. Last 2-3 years though it's been hard to keep the interest because i have just not had the spare time to practice, and then spend 5-6 hours playing. I am 43, and now have two little ones three and under, so between them, and my new bride golf has taken a backseat (more like put in the trunk).

Best golf for me was about 10 years ago, and i was a low 80's guy, with 4-5 rounds in the high 70's when things went right. Right now i would say i am hovering in the mid 90s, with a bad day i can creep back over 100 as i have 2-3 times in the past 3 years.

Last year i played about 4 rounds of golf, and year before that only about 6, and that is a big contrast from my peak years of 50-60 rounds of golf in a year.

So far i have 6 rounds planned before first of June, first round coming in April, so the past 2 weeks have seen me at the range, and working more on my stretches and functional strength as opposed to my heavy lifting.

Last few weeks have also seen me upgrade my Driver (F7+), 3W and 3H to all F7 family, and already excited about the 3W and 3H after one range session, driver just came in today.

Either way just wanted to say good to be back and excited about golf again.

Matt
Charlotte,NC

Nice to meet you! It's a nasty bug to kick Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welcome back to the insanity! 2 little ones will take your time for awhile. I know this first hand.

Welcome back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back Matt!

Welcome back, sounds like you have a good plan.

Welcome back, glad you found your way back home!

Thanks everyone, key for me is to temper expectations, but work hard at my game.

Welcome back! There is no such thing as a former golfer - just a recovering one. One good shot in a casual round & you're back.

And the idea of tempering expectations is spot on. You know you can't practice like you used to, so enjoy the golf experience for what it is. If you have no expectations, almost everything is a pleasant surprise.

Hopefully you can get your kids interested in playing golf, and increase both family time and practice time!

Welcome back! There is no such thing as a former golfer - just a recovering one. One good shot in a casual round & you're back.

And the idea of tempering expectations is spot on. You know you can't practice like you used to, so enjoy the golf experience for what it is. If you have no expectations, almost everything is a pleasant surprise.

Hopefully you can get your kids interested in playing golf, and increase both family time and practice time!

The 3 year already has a few sets of plastic clubs, and a real kids putter that he loves. I will be taking him out whenever i do short game work, let him enjoy the putting and chipping.

I have been a recovering golfer for a long time, these pics are from a few years ago when i cleaned out one of my closets.

Well three range sessions in, and first one was solid, second was not, and today at lunch I was starting to groove a few things.

Driver swing I need to work on fuller shoulder turn but get shorter, realized that the last few, but I am testing three drivers right now so that adds to a little bit of the inconsistencies. Next few range trips I will keep it to just one driver (Adams XTD Ti) and work on nothing but swing.

Took out my Cleveland RTX 2.0 CBs and put in some nice SM5s (58 k grind, and 54 m grind) I had laying around, and liked what I saw and felt today.

The XR Pros shined today, once I realized my aliment was off, and whole reason I was doing a dead left pull, or so I thought. Last 5 swings took out my 7 iron, and peppered the 150 flag. Nice thing about the 150 flag with those range balls, usually equates to about 160-165 on the course.

Back