Turnberry loses the British Open

I see what you mean for sure, but Trump is going to make money one way or another. Maybe not as much as if the Open is there, but people are scrambling to play there as it is, I'm sure. It's an historic place! I could be wrong.

Historic, but when he gets done with the renovations and jacks the rate up accordingly? We'll see.

I see what you mean for sure, but Trump is going to make money one way or another. Maybe not as much as if the Open is there, but people are scrambling to play there as it is, I'm sure. It's an historic place! I could be wrong.

FWIW, Trump probably stands to make more money if he finishes the renovations, and then has to sell the property if the R&A says that it will bring another Open to Turnberry if Trump isn't the owner. So he wins either way.

Good for them, glad to see someone taking a stance against him. If he doesn't fit their ideas, then they did the right thing.

Well that's just stupid but it's their tournament & they can do as they please I guess..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good for them, glad to see someone taking a stance against him. If he doesn't fit their ideas, then they did the right thing.

They have some serious thinking to do, if they don't like what he stands for, but are happy to take money from many other people with much more suspect behavior.

This is about Golf, not about who they agree with politically imo.

They have some serious thinking to do, if they don't like what he stands for, but are happy to take money from many other people with much more suspect behavior.

You're confusing the European Tour with their tournaments in the Middle East and the R&A, which runs the Open Championship. They are 2 separate entities.

Right now most of the world hates Trump. I think they are jumping on the band wagon to try and gain popularity. I doubt they really care about Trump's ideals, they just have to please the masses.

Not sure it is about gaining popularity as it is about distancing themselves from a very polarizing and toxic person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of liability for the R&A if an attack was to occur at one of their events and with Trump being pretty outspoken about the current events it could increase the chance of it happening at one of his properties, this decision is most likely financial and probably not moral lol. I find it pretty ironic

Would you say the same thing regardless of person?

I find this shameful to use him as the scapegoat for a tournament that was losing money. Let's say the PGA said "We are removing the the tournament from Bethpage Black because the mayor of NYC's politics are disgusting".

People would be going nuts and screaming you cant mix politics and sports.

What other people are they taking money from that have spoken the way Trump has spoken? Who else are they taking money from that is questionable?

This is about separating from the ideals of a man. Not God or religion. It's business and it happens everyday. Someone speaks out and controlling body takes action. You can take his money, can't shut him up, can't stop him. So take away a golf event and his ability to tarnish the Open name.

I find this shameful to use him as the scapegoat for a tournament that was losing money. Let's say the PGA said "We are removing the the tournament from Bethpage Black because the mayor of NYC's politics are disgusting".

This, this, this.

If the person spoke the way he has. I'm not saying I don't like trump because I do. I also don't think there is anyway he gets elected. He is says things people are thinking but takes it just over the edge.

He owns Turnberry and they are trying, I stress trying, to send a message. Kind of like throwing a rock at moving semi, I think this glances off in the long run.

I'm sure there are Middle East interest tied to the association that took The Open from him. So they had to choice.

you make a good point.

It seems the R&A is sending a message they won't be bullied by Trump and his games. The timing stinks, but I wonder if this has been in the works for a while.

If the person spoke the way he has. I'm not saying I don't like trump because I do. I also don't think there is anyway he gets elected. He is says things people are thinking but takes it just over the edge.

He owns Turnberry and they are trying, I stress trying, to send a message. Kind of like throwing a rock at moving semi, I think this glances off in the long run.

I'm sure there are Middle East interest tied to the association that took The Open from him. So they had to choice.

That was my point. They are mixing politics with course choices and it could open a VERY big can of worms if they want to look around at the other places they hold events. I dare this group to look through the owners of every other course they play a tournament at.

Its grandstanding and nothing more.

Let me say I think Trump is a disgrace to the political process and the fact he is leading the Republican Party makes me nauseous but...

Don't they (or didn't they) hold The Open at courses that exclude women? So it is ok to exclude over half the human population but not ok to have Trump as your owner?

Kind of liking the scapegoat theory at this point

That was my point. They are mixing politics with course choices and it could open a VERY big can of worms if they want to look around at the other places they hold events. I dare this group to look through the owners of every other course they play a tournament at.

Its grandstanding and nothing more.

I hope we can both agree that Trump's stance is very harsh on Muslims. That type of rhetoric can't go on with consequences. While I agree it's grandstanding I also think bigger dollars are at work behind the scenes on this.

Did Trump own Turnberry when The Open was announced it would be held there?

I hope we can both agree that Trump's stance is very harsh on Muslims. That type of rhetoric can't go on with consequences. While I agree it's grandstanding I also think bigger dollars are at work behind the scenes on this.

I dont disagree. But how can you exclude women from a club and host a major (which I am okay with too) and come down on another club because the owner says a few things that are not PC in todays times?

I believe that if they delve deeper into the ownership of the courses that tournaments they are held at, a whole lot comes out. Bagging on Trump is an easy target and makes them get a few "attaboys" for the political views.

I dont disagree. But how can you exclude women from a club and host a major (which I am okay with too) and come down on another club because the owner says a few things that are not PC in todays times?

I believe that if they delve deeper into the ownership of the courses that tournaments they are held at, a whole lot comes out. Bagging on Trump is an easy target and makes them get a few "attaboys" for the political views.

Equating a golf course that excludes women to a presidential candidate who wants to exclude an entire religion from his country is a stretch. It's not PC to have a private golf club that excludes women. It's not "a few things that are not PC in today's times" to say that any Muslim shouldn't be permitted to enter the US.

I agree on all counts. He is the target NOW, until something better comes along.

Did Trump own Turnberry when The Open was announced it would be held there?

I don't think he did, I think the event was already scheduled

I don't think he did, I think the event was already scheduled

hmmmm....I wonder if they would have awarded it to the Course had he owned it prior to the announcement

I have zero issues with this. My stance on this is 100% based on his radical views and have no problem saying that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back