I hate my driver. In fact I hate all non-irons. Yet, I'm compelled to try to hit them

Hamfist

I promise not to murder Canadan.
Reaction score
Handicap
30+
Why??? Why can't I be immune from them??

Cuz they’re fun. Sometimes.

'cuz we cant stripe a 2 iron 265 yards ?

Seriously though...
I feel your pain, driver seems to come and go for me.... it's frustrating - never know which guy is going to show up on the tee any given day.

Why??? Why can't I be immune from them??

You really need to go hit the Launcher HB, maybe try it in 12*. The are so many great deals on these now.

'cuz we cant stripe a 2 iron 265 yards ?

Seriously though...
I feel your pain, driver seems to come and go for me.... it's frustrating - never know which guy is going to show up on the tee any given day.

I can't stripe a driver anything over 150, much less 265. (insert sad clown face here.)

I'm in the same boat, especially with woods and hybrids, I can get my driver to cooperate some of the time, woods never, and hybrids slightly less than driver!

You really need to go hit the Launcher HB, maybe try it in 12*. The are so many great deals on these now.

tony, I just adjusted the Cobra up to 12*, but have yet to hit it. I'll be taking it to the range in the next few days to see if it helps.

I'm in the same boat, especially with woods and hybrids, I can get my driver to cooperate some of the time, woods never, and hybrids slightly less than driver!

My brother! Welcome to the thread of misery.

I feel your pain, every time I go through an iron swing change it totally messes up my woods. My solution is to just leave all the woods at home, tee it forward with a 2 iron, and have fun =)

I feel your pain, every time I go through an iron swing change it totally messes up my woods. My solution is to just leave all the woods at home, tee it forward with a 2 iron, and have fun =)

I've considered having whomever I play with hit my tee shot as my "designated driver".

There are several differences between a driver/ fairway/ iron swing. There lies the challenge.
Then the challenge between a pitch and a chip, fade and draw, long/short bunker. Damn this game is a challenge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine is definitely a love-hate relationship.

LOL, my league partner is completely opposite. He hates his irons, to the point he'll hit a hybrid from 150 to avoid shanking one.

Cause they're the "big dog"...chicks dig the long ball?

For me, it's because I can hit a bad shot off the tee with any club so I might as well go for the gusto.

Because there is always the glimmer of hope that it will all click and you'll be able to figure out out.

I was the exact same way for years, I was HORRIBLE with my driver. Somehow I got to a point where I found what I was comfortable with it and am no longer scared to use it. I still don't have 100% faith and use my 3 wood off the tee often, but I at least feel comfortable with driver.

Because there is always the glimmer of hope that it will all click and you'll be able to figure out out.

I was the exact same way for years, I was HORRIBLE with my driver. Somehow I got to a point where I found what I was comfortable with it and am no longer scared to use it. I still don't have 100% faith and use my 3 wood off the tee often, but I at least feel comfortable with driver.

Hope. The main ingredient of disappointment.

I couldn't hit driver for over a year. Played irons off the tees and endured golf hell, almost quit but didn't. I like to say my ship has come in thanks to a sixteen dollar driver on ebay, but I don't want to jinx it.

Almost 75 degrees out today and sun shining so I go to my home course to play. I knew I was in one of my driving ruts so went to the range first. I spent a long time hitting balls on the range and everything in my bag was working well. Even my 3W was much better then usual, however, my driver decided today was the day to stop working again. I don't have enough faith with my 3W to use it off the tee either so I decided instead of pulling my hair out I would go to the putting green and spend some time working on my short game and skip the course for the day. It was not easy either as pretty as it is even if a bit windy. My swing coach will be back from his Florida vacation next week and I can hold out till then to get it fixed.

Almost 75 degrees out today and sun shining so I go to my home course to play. I knew I was in one of my driving ruts so went to the range first. I spent a long time hitting balls on the range and everything in my bag was working well. Even my 3W was much better then usual, however, my driver decided today was the day to stop working again. I don't have enough faith with my 3W to use it off the tee either so I decided instead of pulling my hair out I would go to the putting green and spend some time working on my short game and skip the course for the day. It was not easy either as pretty as it is even if a bit windy. My swing coach will be back from his Florida vacation next week and I can hold out till then to get it fixed.

See? the driver is the Devil's club.

See? the driver is the Devil's club.
Got to find someone to take lessons from when you need them. I actually have 2 or 3 really good pros in the area but one is definitely my favorite. I always shoot my best scores after lessons from him. And since my irons are better then ever and my short game is improving, if he can fix the driver I should have a really good score soon!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

LOL, my league partner is completely opposite. He hates his irons, to the point he'll hit a hybrid from 150 to avoid shanking one.

My league partner is the same way last season. He would rather choke up and quarter swing his driver than hit his irons. It's crazy to watch.

I can't stripe a driver anything over 150, much less 265. (insert sad clown face here.)

Then don't use a driver and play short enough tees and courses for now. You can still have just as much fun. You can't hit any club well consistently without some confidence in it. The only way I can hit a driver well is to swing freely with no fear, it doesn't always work but it is way more consistent than the tense fearful swing.

I've been having driver struggles lately, for some reason I can't close the face anymore so just hit horrible slices that tease me by starting on line and then just shoot off 50 yards right.

I played a few holes yesterday with just my irons, the longest being a 5. I hit par on a notoriously difficult par 4, 2x 5 irons left me just short of the green, chipped it close for a tap in.

Par 5, I was on in 3, and that was 2x 5 irons and a 6 iron into the green. It was a lovely little experiment, one that I will be doing more often.

Back