NeverWiff

Reaction score
Handicap
13.4 GHIN
Question; how many (if any) of you ladies and gents use covers on your irons?

I had bought a new set of irons last year and after hearing my hard earned $ rattle around in the bag for a few rounds, picked up Face Saver Plus covers for them. I initially thought they were going to be cumbersome and time consuming to deal with - not so. Easy off and on, they do a great job of protecting the heads and I think they'll remain for the foreseeable future. (Haven't lost one yet). I just make sure the clubs are clean and dry before putting them away after a round. So far, so good.

The other option was to pick up a new cart bag with the snazzy individual dividers that lock the club in but, after springing for the irons, I didn't really want to buy a new bag right away as well. So we'll see... was just curious as to what you folks did (if anything)...

Cheers!

I've used neoprene covers for about 5 years now. I don't find it a hassle at all to take them off and put them on, and yes I've been made fun of several times for using them.

Lots of thoughts on this in the forum. I use them because I would prefer to keep the bag chatter off my clubs. I do make sure I don't let it slow down my play at all.

I'm not a big fan of bag chatter, but I'm not a fan of iron head covers either. I opted for the Ogio Silencer stand bag.

On the Honmas, yes. On my other clubs, no.

I used to use them until i bought me a bag boy revolver, they both have pros and cons but i think i like the clip lock better

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I'm not a big fan of bag chatter, but I'm not a fan of iron head covers either. I opted for the Ogio Silencer stand bag.

Yep ... what he ^^^^^^^^^^ said.

Not a fan!

I get why people use it to protect their clubs/investment. But I find it cheesy for ME personally, so let the bag chatter.

I use them in transit and in storage, not on the course. Protect against unnecessary and unnatural wear while showing them off on the course.

Now, this is for forged irons. I would NOT cover cast irons.

On the Honmas, yes. On my other clubs, no.

Ooohhhhh fancy

I use them in transit and in storage, not on the course. Protect against unnecessary and unnatural wear while showing them off on the course.

Now, this is for forged irons. I would NOT cover cast irons.

^^^^ me to a T

I have been using club glove (Neoprene) covers for years, no bag chatter (noise or club dents) easy on/off just put the cover in my back pocket when i pull the club, hit the perfect shot (lie), clean the club put cover on and back in the bag... no time lost and I think they are worth the $20 - $30

Nope...not even on my new MP-18’s. I figure, if you play forged clubs, play multiple times a week and practice on top of that, your faces are going show wear and tear fairly quickly anyway, so what difference will a few dings on the back make?

And I don’t change clubs often, so resale value is pretty much meaningless.

I didn't care one way or another until I got forged irons and now I use neoprene Callaway covers. They're not a hassle to me.

I used to use them on the course for a while but I don't anymore. I now use them only when travelling.

I do, I just know what I've spent and the thought of them beating around sends chills up my spine.

i use them all the time, during the round it's just part of my routine, pull club, cover goes in left back pocket. After shot if club does not need to be cleaned, then i place it on the club as i walk back to cart.

I have never used iron covers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, I use them. I didn't for a while, especially, with my Ping I5's - didn't the protection. I didn't use them with my 716 AP1's, either, and, they didn't stay shiny for long. With my AP3's, I am using an old set of neoprene Club Glove iron covers, and, they are still shiny.

I have been using club glove (Neoprene) covers for years, no bag chatter (noise or club dents) easy on/off just put the cover in my back pocket when i pull the club, hit the perfect shot (lie), clean the club put cover on and back in the bag... no time lost and I think they are worth the $20 - $30

^^^^ agree. except for hit the perfect shot! lol

Mine stay in the back of my SUV and often I have to toss yard signs and other things back there as well so I use them.

I only use them for flying.

My irons are cast so I don't think the minor chatter really matters much

I have always used iron covers and they have been part of my routine since I started. They keep even old irons looking good. Which in my opinion make for a good resale or trade in price. I do not like bag chatter at all.

Iron covers are on when clubs are in the closet and when they travel. Take them off when I get to the course and then put them back on after cleaning.

I have always used them on my forged irons and make no apologies about it.

Back