Bruce Springsteen Born To Run

smgoldstein

2022 Goat Cupper
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Got the book as a birthday present but had not read it yet. Had a long trip to make this weekend so got it as a audio book with Bruce doing the reading. For those who are Bruce fans, or even if you are not, a fascinating read and listen. Lot of cool background on him and the band.

Got the book as a birthday present but had not read it yet. Had a long trip to make this weekend so got it as a audio book with Bruce doing the reading. For those who are Bruce fans, or even if you are not, a fascinating read and listen. Lot of cool background on him and the band.

Nice. Huge Bruce fan. I own the book but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Have heard its great.

Definitely a great book. Made me regret not trying to see his Broadway show when I had a chance to buy tickets for something more reasonable than the insane after-market prices.

I got the book last year at Christmas and I devoured it. Such a fantastic and in-depth look at his life and career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got it for my wife for Christmas, just a great book about the Boss!

It was a great read! One thing that was amazing to me was that until he put out his first album, he was totally off the grid as far as the US government was concerned. Never paid taxes, never had a real address, no drivers license... Just played music for a living.

When he became "The Boss" & Born to Run album came out, the Cleveland radio station WMMS aired some ads with Bruce that started out: "This is Bruce Springsteen, and I don't have a radio. But Miami Steve does, and he lets me listen to WMMS."

I thought it was just a funny line at the time, but I come to find out - no, he was pretty much telling the truth. The guy didn't have much.

Definitely worth the time to read this, even if you're not a big Springsteen fan.

Back