Adjustment wrenches, should they be optional?

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just a thought. Every new adjustable club purchased comes with one. Those of us who upgrade certain items every year or 2 probably has an excess of these around in some form. At this point wouldn't it make sense for companies to either discount a few dollars if you decline to get one or charge a few more if you do need one? I know I have 3 Callaway wrenches laying around somewhere from my purchases of the EPIC driver, 3w, and HW last year. Once my Rogue 3W and HW arrive I'll have another 3 in my possession from the Rogue products. I also have a couple of PING, and probably a Cobra, TaylorMade and Nike wrench somewhere.

I assume these are pretty cheap to make and may not mean much to companies bottom lines and a lot of screws seem to work across various manufacturers. It almost seems that someone could just make an independent universal wrench for companies and make it a minimal or one time purchase and we can all avoid having a million different wrenches in our homes and just decline getting a new one with every club purchase.

The more wrenches I accumulate the merrier. I like having one in my basement for club building, one in my trunk and one in my golf bag.

I have a tendency of adjusting my club and leaving the wrench on the top of my bag and forget about it and it comes up missing.

Dicks had a bunch of Cally wrenches in their clearance bin a month ago for $3.

I thought about buying $10 worth just to have some spares but I needed to leave the store quickly and didn’t want to wait in line.

My thoughts are if you are spending $250+ on an adjustable club it better come with a wrench regardless if I have a few at home. The oems are probably getting these for less than a $1. So they are not going to throw a discount by not including them.

Just a thought. Every new adjustable club purchased comes with one. Those of us who upgrade certain items every year or 2 probably has an excess of these around in some form. At this point wouldn't it make sense for companies to either discount a few dollars if you decline to get one or charge a few more if you do need one? I know I have 3 Callaway wrenches laying around somewhere from my purchases of the EPIC driver, 3w, and HW last year. Once my Rogue 3W and HW arrive I'll have another 3 in my possession from the Rogue products. I also have a couple of PING, and probably a Cobra, TaylorMade and Nike wrench somewhere.

I assume these are pretty cheap to make and may not mean much to companies bottom lines and a lot of screws seem to work across various manufacturers. It almost seems that someone could just make an independent universal wrench for companies and make it a minimal or one time purchase and we can all avoid having a million different wrenches in our homes and just decline getting a new one with every club purchase.

You can always send me a few Callaway wrenches if you want. PM for the address! :call-me:

I think it's a no-brainer to include them for most sales, but it would be nice if I could trade one for an aftermarket grip when ordering online. Lord knows I've got enough of them floating around.

You will only get 1 more as the Rogue fairways/hybrids are not adjustable. :alien:

Nonethless, I get your point. I could have about 10 wrenches now from my purchases in the last 5 years. When I go to sell or trade in, I usually include them in hopes that it finds use with the next player.

On the flip side, Nike got some flak for not including wrenches with their metalwoods in the Vapor (?) line assuming people would already have them. I understand both ways.

You will only get 1 more as the Rogue fairways/hybrids are not adjustable. :alien:

Duh, I completely let that go completely over my head.

T20 torqued to 40in/lb, why do I never see them on the accessory rack?

back when all the club companies had a different adapter I would say that they should be mandatory but these days I think they should ask you if you want one.

I'd probably always take one as if I sell my club locally it's nice to be able to offer the wrench to the buyer should they need it.

I wish they were universal so you only have one. Just as they made android phone chargers universal

Back