2018 Project X HandCrafted Experience - Travel and Extra Rounds

bigskyirish

Reaction score
Handicap
+0.1
Since I've gotten virtually no work done since I saw my name get called this morning, I figured I'd start the travel and extra rounds thread. So here we go.

Travel

• Flying In: Since we are going to be at Project X on Thursday morning, it looks the play is to come in on Wednesday. For me, that probably means flying in on Wed. morning.

• Flying Out: I see that past-participants recommend flying out Saturday, and I'm sure there will be people staying over to get an extra round in that day. @JB - do you know what time we'll be done on Friday? I ask because there is a chance I might have to try to catch a late flight that night. If it's not possible, no big deal.

• Wed./Thurs. Hotel: Looks like the recommendation is for the Hilton Garden Inn San Deigo Del Mar. My plan is to book a room there (probably today).

• Fri. Hotel: Sounds like this will depend on plans for traveling home and possible extra rounds on Saturday, as well as group consensus about grabbing dinner in Carlsbad after playing La Costa, etc.

Extra Rounds

Seems like the two most likely options are Wednesday and Saturday. I think I will be in early enough on Wednesday to play if anyone else is interested. Saturday is still a bit up in the air for me.

I'm working on my travel plans as well. I'm thinking a round on Wednesday would be good. Someone mentioned in the main thread that TT has connections for tee times at Torrey!

On second thought, another night may in SD may not be all that bad.

Likely booking my room tonight or tomorrow, if someone wants to room up to keep some of that cost down, let me know in advance.

Booked my room at HGI Del Mar for wed and thursday. I haven't researched where to stay friday night but likely stay close to La Costa.

I'm up for playing either wednesday and/or saturday morning as well.

I'll probably come in Wed night after work but may stay an extra day or 2 so extra rounds on the weekend may be more likely than before.

Just booked the Hilton Garden Inn for Wed. and Thurs. nights.

Looks like I will definitely be coming in early on Wed., so I'd love to play Torrey that day if anyone else is up for it.

I've been to SD once but not this area. Is anyone staying Friday? If so, where?

For anyone coming in Wednesday, I’m thinking a round of night golf at mission bay might be a fun get to know everyone type setting. 18 hole executive course should still be around in May if anyone is interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been to SD once but not this area. Is anyone staying Friday? If so, where?

I think mward and I are both staying Friday night and flying out first thing Saturday morning.

I can’t speak for him, I booked my hotel for Friday night at the Hilton Garden Inn in Carlsbad.

I think mward and I are both staying Friday night and flying out first thing Saturday morning.

I can’t speak for him, I booked my hotel for Friday night at the Hilton Garden Inn in Carlsbad.

Hadn’t booked the Friday night hotel yet, got Wednesday and Thursday taken care of. Wasn’t sure of where to stay in Carlsbad yet that made the most sense?

Hadn’t booked the Friday night hotel yet, got Wednesday and Thursday taken care of. Wasn’t sure of where to stay in Carlsbad yet that made the most sense?

If you want to pair up again for the Friday hotel, I'm up for it.

For anyone coming in Wednesday, I’m thinking a round of night golf at mission bay might be a fun get to know everyone type setting. 18 hole executive course should still be around in May if anyone is interested

im down for this! i would rather play Torrey if at all possible but will gladly play with you all anywhere.

I stick to Hilton, so there is a Homewood Suites and Hampton Inn in North Carlsbad that is a good location. They share a parking lot. If I am taking you to the airport on Saturday morning, that would be a good spot, since the flight leaves at like 6am.

I stick to Hilton, so there is a Homewood Suites and Hampton Inn in North Carlsbad that is a good location. They share a parking lot. If I am taking you to the airport on Saturday morning, that would be a good spot, since the flight leaves at like 6am.

Easy enough. Your flight leaves before mine but I’m ok with wandering an airport for a bit if need be.

How is the AA lounge at San Diego?

Easy enough. Your flight leaves before mine but I’m ok with wandering an airport for a bit if need be.

Good. Its a no name lounge, but Admirals Club members get access. Free house rum helps.

Mward

ea70cc21867da1c90e00295cc1a3cffa.jpg

I’ll book that hotel. What time does your flight leave Sat?

I’ll book that hotel. What time does your flight leave Sat?

Noon. I’ll have plenty of time to know that airport like the back of my hand

Noon. I’ll have plenty of time to know that airport like the back of my hand

I haven’t booked yet but if I end up around the same time I’m happy to give you a ride.

2018 Project X HandCrafted Experience - Travel and Extra Rounds

So let’s start working on a chart for when everyone plans on arriving and departing and any rounds of golf people want to play:

Arriving

Mpeterson: Wednesday
GolfFest: Wednesday night
Tee/Ski: Wednesday
TYork: Wednesday
Bigskyirish: Wednesday morning
Mward: Wednesday morning
Alez367: Wednesday

Leaving

Mpeterson: Saturday
GolfFest: Saturday
Tee/Ski: Saturday morning
TYork: Saturday
Bigskyirish: Saturday morning
Mward: Saturday morning
Alez367: Saturday

Pre/Post round of golf:

Mpeterson: Wednesday or Saturday
GolfFest: Saturday
Tee/Ski: Wednesday
TYork: Wednesday
Bigskyirish: Wednesday
Mward:
Alez367: Wednesday or Saturday

Last edited:
JB - what time are you thinking we'll be done on Friday? My plans for heading home are completely up in the air, so just wondering about options.

That sounds like a blast. What time are you thinking? And by that, I mean is playing Torrey before night golf feasible?

JB - what time are you thinking we'll be done on Friday? My plans for heading home are completely up in the air, so just wondering about options.

Tough to say BSK. Our tee time I want to say is 2pm. Everybody has to finish at PX HQ and then we make the drive up to La Costa. If we take 5 hours (conservative) you would be out of there by 7 and if you were flying back, figure 45 minutes to airport.

Back