How Many Wedge Brands Do You Try?

How Many Wedge Brands Do You Try?

3, Cleveland, taylormade and Bridgestone soon adding a Callaway to the bag

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

A bunch - I currently own Bridgestone, Callaway, Ping, Wilson Staff, Cleveland (an older model), and Titleist.
I will try any wedge.

I've gamed Titleist, Cleveland and Callaway wedges and all have worked well for me. I think I can adapt to most any wedge. I don't think there is a huge difference between brands. Grind and bounce are probably most important. Find the grind and bounce that matches the conditions you play in and the way you play shots and you'll be ok.

The usual demo's at the PGASS sand trap area. Vokey's, Callaway, Cleveland etc.

However, my eye is laser focused on the next line of wedges coming out from Wilson Staff. They're something special.

I have tried 4 - Callaway, Titleist, Taylormade and Cobra.. At some point I want to try both Wilson and Bridgestone.

Cleveland, Vokey, SCOR and now back to Vokey. I'm very happy with the SM5 Vokeys and don't see myself switching it up anytime soon!

I've gamed Callaway, TaylorMade, Mizuno, and Cobra. Also have hit Titleist, Cleveland, and Wilson Staff. So far my favorites are Callaway, Wilson, and Mizuno.

I gamed Mizuno,Scor,Callaway and Cleveland

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

While I was at the range today, I happened to have 6 different wedge brands with me (all 56*) and was astonished at how many people were telling me they never even try other models other than what they are used to. So my question is, how many wedge brands and lines do you try before finding your wedges?
I try them all. Currently have Nikes in the bag but have Titleist SM and TM wedges at the house. I do use the same manufacturer on whichever wedges I have in the bag as I like a consistent feel throughout wedges.

Post via Taptalk

None. Every time I have bought wedges I just bought and gamed them without any demo or comparison. Vokey, ATV, J40's (same thing with the gifted RTX 2.0's, I just put them in the bag and started gaming them).

I tried Cleveland, Taylormade, Titleist and Callaway when I bout my wedges this past season. I just like the look of the Callaway and the feel

I tried Mizuno, Titleist/Vokey, and Cleveland before buying Callaway. I've played several other brands over the years, as well.

I tried Cleveland, Mizuno, Callaway and Vokey when I was trying wedges. Could only demo in the store of a hard mat, and the vokeys I could get nip the ball off the ground perfectly every time and hit the roof, the rest weren't as consistent and didn't feel as good to me. I'd gone in with the idea of buying the MD3 in black, left with the SM5

I've tried Callaway, SCOR, and Wilson Staff, stuck with the W/S.

I see them kind of like putters--familiarity and confidence are more important than tech or the new shiny when it comes to shots around the green. I'll likely stick with my W/S wedges and putter for a while because they flat work for me.

Before the PM Grind, I probably would have kept it to Cleveland or Titleist. But now I would put Callaway at the front of the line, then Cleveland, with Titleist/Mizuno/Ping after that.

Back