Winter (Cold Weather) Golf Ball of Choice

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Always an interesting discussion year after year.

What is your favourite cold weather ball? I love everything about the Bridgestone B330, but I am not a huge fan of playing it when it's 40 degrees outside. I usually go to something a bit softer with easier compression to help improve the cold weather feedback.

What say you, friends?

E6 was fantastic when I used it a couple weeks ago in 40/50* weather

I'm hoping the Chrome Soft will carry me through the winter. We don't get as cold down here in Georgia, especially later in the afternoon, so I'm hoping the ball will be a good compromise for warm and cold weather play.

I'm hoping the Chrome Soft will carry me through the winter. We don't get as cold down here in Georgia, especially later in the afternoon, so I'm hoping the ball will be a good compromise for warm and cold weather play.

I've been pondering that one a bit. Chrome soft is a great ball.

I've been okay playing the Q-Star year round but I do at times have some Callaway Supersofts if it gets really cold. Want to try the new Bridgestones as well this winter.

I love the Chrome Soft. Have been toying around with the Extra Soft this year and even though it hasn't gotten REALLY cold yet, the Extra Soft has performed well when I needed a base layer or in misty/foggy conditions where I typically start to feel the RX lacking in my regular distance. At $17.99 / DZ its a great value too.

JM

Going to stick with the Chrome soft Truvis this FL winter. Last year, I gamed the B330 and still like that ball but the CS has been great for me.

Last edited:
I've been pondering that one a bit. Chrome soft is a great ball.

I've really enjoyed the heck out of it so far. A decent reduction in side spin for me, and it feels great. The only issue I've had is with it feeling a little too soft off a heavily milled putter face.

I played Duo last winter, but think I will keep with Chrome Soft year round. That said, I don't have nearly the swing speed or cold weather that you are going to get.

Coldest I will probably play in is mid to high 40s.

Wilson DUO is my go too. Might give the new Titleist TruSoft a shot and see how it does.

Usually around this time I am exhausting my supply and using balls that I found during the year. But if I had to pick, the SuperSoft.

DUO is my everyday ball and, luckily, it is great in cold weather too.

I almost always switch to the e6.

B330RX, E6, Duo for me.

A loooooooooooooot of Chrome Soft this year though.

I've preferred the B330 over the B330-RX this season, but still liked the RX. I will switch to the RX when it cools down here and see how it performs for me. It doesn't get below 50* around here that often so I think it should be plenty soft for me.

Normally game a b330RX but I've been gaming the E6's lately here in New England.

Winter (Cold Weather) Golf Ball of Choice

I like the Duo the best of a list that includes the e6, and the SuperSoft. To me they seem more durable and longer than the other two.

Well normally I don't get to play much winter golf. That may change a bit this year. I'll probably try all the following

Q-STAR
Duo
E6

I have two at the moment. Bridgestone e6 and Srixon Q stars. I have considered adding chromesoft to the mix

I like hitting the E5 for my fall ball.

I have two at the moment. Bridgestone e6 and Srixon Q stars. I have considered adding chromesoft to the mix

If I can find the new BS Extra Softs they might see some play. Otherwise I have plenty of Duo in all varieties plus Q-Stars to get through the cold. Might give the 330RX a shot just to see how it goes.

My normal gamer is a Duo Spin, so I'll just stick with that.

Winter is a relative term around here. Though we do endure frost delays on a regular basis. I've been gaming the Duo Spin most of the year so I will use those with some Chrome Soft Truvis and yellow QStars thrown into the mix.

Speaking of the QStars, I haven't used them for awhile and was reminded why I liked them so much during the Cleveland event a couple of weeks ago.

These days my ball is the Supersoft so I'll just keep playing them. No reason to change.

I play balls that I found during the year...

Back