Pay it Forward: 30 days of kindness

Sent my executive assistant a quick email this morning asking about her weekend. She opened up and thanked me through out the day. Made me feel good that just an email made her day. I hope more people can jump on board and make this world we live in just a little better

Today was simple, I held the door open for as many people as I could, nothing earth shattering but it's the fundamentals of kindness that can sometimes get away from us. My Mom taught me well and Sometimes I need a reminder.

Today was simple, I held the door open for as many people as I could, nothing earth shattering but it's the fundamentals of kindness that can sometimes get away from us. My Mom taught me well and Sometimes I need a reminder.

That what I'm talking about. Kindness makes us all better

I filled up my frequent buyer card at my local coffee shop this morning and left it with the barista for the next person who came in the get the free cup. Felt good to start a Monday off on a positive note.

Today was another simple day - I let people move around in the DC traffic more than I typically would. Lead to less frustration on my end and hopefully less on a few other people's ends as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great thread Freddie!

I really try to do this everyday - not saying I always succeed. You can't beat the feeling of helping someone out or doing something nice for them. Upside is it makes me feel as good to do it as they do to receive it. Mine today was small, but when I stopped in Sheetz this morning to grab a sandwich, I paid for the ladies coffee ( she was a senior )behind me as well. My parents live on a fixed income, and I am partial for sure to helping out some of the less fortunate older folks. I know it sounds corny, cliche', whatever, but how much better would things be if each person did one nice thing a day for someone else?

I gave $2 to a homeless person who had a dog - his face lit up.

Likewise, that is something that was instilled in me as well. A Southern Gentleman will always hold the door for another and wish them a good day.

As some may know I am an advocate for the Wounded Warrior Project, this morning the wife and I mailed our monthly contribution. We have a responsibility to care for those that cared enough to serve. Please support our veterans in any means within your resources. While I was raised Protestant, my wife is Catholic and is involved with Catholic charities regarding their food and clothing drives. This thread makes me understand that I need to be more helpful to her in her efforts. Perhaps, one could look in their closets to find what they really don't use, somebody may be able to use it. Also as golfers, we might examine our inventory of equipment. If one knows that they most likely will never use it, perhaps donate it to youth golf programs, especially inner city programs.

When ever I see a soldier, a police officer or a firefighter, I thank them for their service and efforts. Each takes a risk to serve us and should be thanked, my experience is that they are appreciative of the recognition.

I bought 2 pairs of shoes for an older gentlemen at my church. He lives alone and off SSecurity so he couldn't afford to buy them himself.
Now I just hope they fit...

Tadashi70:

In my previous post, I forgot to thank you for generating this thread, what a great thought and idea, so Thank You! I was genuinely disappointed that I did not get to meet you recently at Whiskey Creek. You know sometimes helping others or acts of kindness can be almost selfish acts, because they make you feel so darn good.

Tadashi70:

In my previous post, I forgot to thank you for generating this thread, what a great thought and idea, so Thank You! I was genuinely disappointed that I did not get to meet you recently at Whiskey Creek. You know sometimes helping others or acts of kindness can be almost selfish acts, because they make you feel so darn good.

No thanks needed and I wish I could have made the trip up. I will get up that way again. If this thread makes people feel better then it has done its job. A smile, a door opened, a toll paid, a warm hand shake. You never know what will make someone's day.

But I know the little things matter and make a difference. I thought more would bite but I'm very happy with those that have.

THANK YOU

I'm at the hospital paying a visit to a friend of mine having complication from his kidney transplant. He happens to be my friend that I played Cascata with a few weeks back. This is not random but needed. He has no idea I know or that I am coming. His wife called and I jumped.

I'm at the hospital paying a visit to a friend of mine having complication from his kidney transplant. He happens to be my friend that I played Cascata with a few weeks back. This is not random but needed. He has no idea I know or that I am coming. His wife called and I jumped.

I hope things go well for your friend. You, indeed are a great friend. Yep, your friends are the family that you get to choose.

For today's kindness I forgave someone for something that's been eating at me for a while. Applied a little Matthew 6:14 and they feel better and I feel better. Air should have been cleared a while ago.

Thanks for challenging me to step up Tadashi, sometimes we just need to be pulled out of our heads and back into humanity.

We had a team breakfast today at work. I subtly pulled our server aside to tell her she was doing a great job.

This is such a great thread!!

I tried to buy lunch today for a coworker when she said she didn't have enough to go out. I offered twice and she insisted no. She told me to go enjoy, I went but got it to go and brought back to the office so we could at least eat together.

I picked up the tab for lunch for a coworker today. She then in turn bought me fries from the same food truck. So I guess we both did something nice.

Working for home most days limits my interaction with people. Today at the gym I helped a lady unrack 3x45lb weights that some d bag left on the machine after he was done.

This one is from yesterday it was raining and it was about 10 pm and I went to the grocery store and when I went to leave I saw a guy at the end of the parking lot just leave his cart there so I went and grabbed it and brought it back inside. Something little but helped the girl out trying to gather all the carts in the rain.

Today at subway I gave the guy behind me my buy one get one free sub. Something that is little but can make someone's day

Received fantastic service at a restaurant this morning.
I asked to speak to a manager, and told her how incredible the service I received was. She immediately thanked me and told me that the waitress that waited on me would be made aware of my gratitude.

This one is from yesterday it was raining and it was about 10 pm and I went to the grocery store and when I went to leave I saw a guy at the end of the parking lot just leave his cart there so I went and grabbed it and brought it back inside. Something little but helped the girl out trying to gather all the carts in the rain.

Today at subway I gave the guy behind me my buy one get one free sub. Something that is little but can make someone's day
I really wanted to do the free sub for someone today, but didn't have the time at lunch for that, it's much further than the other options.

I really wanted to do the free sub for someone today, but didn't have the time at lunch for that, it's much further than the other options.
This guy was behind me on his phone so I told the lady to give him my free sub.

Safe to say you made out in that transaction, FRIES RULE!!
I picked up the tab for lunch for a coworker today. She then in turn bought me fries from the same food truck. So I guess we both did something nice.

Safe to say you made out in that transaction, FRIES RULE!!

These fries are in a world of their own. We call them crack fries. It's a gyro food truck that comes every other week. The fries, OMG!!!! When I go to the chair, they will be part of my final meal.

I'll sweeten this a bit. If I can get to 1000 good gesture by the end of the month I'll shoot off a prize to a randomly selected good deeder. Open to any and all that want to make the world a better place

Back