Android Phone Thread

32 Gb has about 24 gb available out of the box

how are you liking the 5x so far? Do you know how much usable storage there was on it when you got it?

Love the 5x, and yes, about 24GB out of the box.
ec991ff7b4850445b6906368db941404.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Slow motion video recording is incredible. Cannot wait to use it to record my golf swing

[video=youtube;OQf-hGWIDac]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQf-hGWIDac[/video]

I assume that Joe is now a huge Nexus fan Hahaha

Keep it up man. Enjoying hearing your thoughts

This Nexus fan is envious of that Nexus fan's camera software.

Joe tell me something you don't like about this phone.

And that video is awesome. Made me laugh looking at the look on your dogs face as she is flying through the air

Hmm. I'd have to nitpick but

It could be a tiny bit smaller
I wish it had the double tap screen on (rumor is it might be added with software update)

Honestly that's it.

I can say if I went back to Android I would almost certainly go to another Nexus device, or at least a device with very close to stock android. I never got the hype but after switching to the Nexus 6 there is no way I could go back to Touchwiz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish it had the double tap screen on (rumor is it might be added with software update)

Honestly that's it.
Thanks. I figured that one might be a tough one. The double tap screen on feature is awesome. I wouldn't mind seeing that make its way over.

I can say if I went back to Android I would almost certainly go to another Nexus device, or at least a device with very close to stock android. I never got the hype but after switching to the Nexus 6 there is no way I could go back to Touchwiz.

Touchwiz never really bothered me because I end up running Nova anyway. Even though behind the scenes its still TW. But I am going to try to get away from Samsung because I feel like I've kind of had the same phone for 3+ years even though it's been 3 different phones.

Honestly that's it.

The double tap on and off is such a nice feature. I forget other phones don't have it and try to use it all the time. Quite annoying really and I wish it was a stock Android feature

Thanks. I figured that one might be a tough one. The double tap screen on feature is awesome. I wouldn't mind seeing that make its way over.
Fingerprint unlock screen on feature works wonders. ;)

Touchwiz never really bothered me because I end up running Nova anyway. Even though behind the scenes its still TW. But I am going to try to get away from Samsung because I feel like I've kind of had the same phone for 3+ years even though it's been 3 different phones.

That was my exact argument for why I didn't hate TW as well. Even running Nova there were a lot of things that it made a difference on, settings for example.

I was between the 6p and the note 5. I'm glad I chose the 6p.

Ok guys, I need your help. I'm about to replace my Samsung s4 and would like some suggestions. I hate my current phone because of the touch screen and my rough blue collar hands. I could give a rats ass about anything but the camera, calls, voicemail, maps, the occasional internet, and A TOUCH SCREEN I CAN USE!

Ok guys, I need your help. I'm about to replace my Samsung s4 and would like some suggestions. I hate my current phone because of the touch screen and my rough blue collar hands. I could give a rats ass about anything but the camera, calls, voicemail, maps, the occasional internet, and A TOUCH SCREEN I CAN USE!
If you want a similar sized phone, get the Nexus 5x. For a slightly larger phone, get the Nexus 6p. :D

Pretty much all phones use gorilla glass so not sure you'd get a different feel from a different phone

Joe how did you like the USB C connection? From what I have read this is what most if not all Android phones will have moving forward.

For me, I still find myself looking at the connector to check which way is up.

For me, I still find myself looking at the connector to check which way is up.

Interesting, I thought that was the whole point of the USB C is that you didn't have to look? Haha

Joe how did you like the USB C connection? From what I have read this is what most if not all Android phones will have moving forward.
It's a breeze to use. Data speed transfers with it are fast. Wife copied a 450mb video from her phone to her laptop in about 10 seconds

It's a breeze to use. Data speed transfers with it are fast. Wife copied a 450mb video from her phone to her laptop in about 10 seconds
Damn that's impressive.

Interesting, I thought that was the whole point of the USB C is that you didn't have to look? Haha
Yeah... old habits. ;)

What laptop?

Back