The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Game tOSU fans.

Gophers hung on longer then I thought.

Good Game tOSU fans.

Gophers hung on longer then I thought.

You guys are definitely trending in the right direction .

Hopefully Claeys can keep it going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roll Tide...Fournette is a great back, but this D is built to stop the power runner.

Finally was able to watch the play in the Nebraska Game (was in the shower 14 hour work days ugh)

Uhh, I can see the forced out the MSU DB had his hand in the Nebraska WR.

Ticky Tacky call, but I don't think it's as clear cut as people are saying.

You guys are definitely trending in the right direction .

Hopefully Claeys can keep it going

Hopefully they hire him so that we can keep one of our best recruiting classes in a long time.

Speaking of recruiting Nebraska had like 15 recruits at that game.

Soooo...fournette with 31 yards today. Wouldn't call that heisman material.

Tom Osborne retired

And frank solich left.

:Shameless Ohio University plug:

And frank solich left.

:Shameless Ohio University plug:
He was fired.

And Callahan was hired.

And then Bo was hired.

Both hires weren't very good.

Bo won games but that locker room was Toxic, never seen anything like that secret meeting at a lincoln highschool after he got canned. I didn't agree with the timing but after that was on board 100%

Reilly... hmm don't know yet. But this team doesn't give up, which they did a lot of under Bo.

He was fired.

And Callahan was hired.

And then Bo was hired.

Both hires weren't very good.

Bo won games but that locker room was Toxic, never seen anything like that secret meeting at a lincoln highschool after he got canned. I didn't agree with the timing but after that was on board 100%

Reilly... hmm don't know yet. But this team doesn't give up, which they did a lot of under Bo.

Great. Solich got wins and I couldn't care less about Nebraska. Sorry for making a light hearted comment.

Great. Solich got wins and I couldn't care less about Nebraska. Sorry for making a light hearted comment.
Jeez, maybe I should have added that :alien: emoticon after the Solich part.

Sorry for making a light hearted comment.

I can actually care less about Solich, but I have respect for what he's done at Ohio, though less so now. Hey what do you know I now care less then before.

:alien:

Finally was able to watch the play in the Nebraska Game (was in the shower 14 hour work days ugh)

Uhh, I can see the forced out the MSU DB had his hand in the Nebraska WR.

Ticky Tacky call, but I don't think it's as clear cut as people are saying.
Oh my. Time to take off the goggles. When EVERYONE is calling it a botched call, you know it was.

Still shouldn't have taken that as we had a pick in the end zone and dropped it.

Could very well see a Clemson/ND rematch in the playoff. Uhhh ... riveting?

Oh my. Time to take off the goggles. When EVERYONE is calling it a botched call, you know it was.

Still shouldn't have taken that as we had a pick in the end zone and dropped it.
Eh, did you watch the play?

If the Nebraska WR doesn't have to fight the DB to get back in bounds it may have been called the other way.

But, when Riley has to fight to get in bounds the way he did I can see it going either way.

4 unbeaten teams went down yesterday. Next playoff poll is going to be interesting for sure.

Eh, did you watch the play?

If the Nebraska WR doesn't have to fight the DB to get back in bounds it may have been called the other way.

But, when Riley has to fight to get in bounds the way he did I can see it going either way.
Hahaha is this guy serious?

Ehhhhh, yeah, I did watch the play. Multiple times, from multiple angles. The DB was in perfect position. Textbook, right on the inside hip a half step ahead. Barely even laid a hand on him, treating the sideline like another defender with his head back at the QB. Not the first time I've said this, but if you actually know what you are looking at, you can clearly see through those goggles that he went OB, took 5 steps there, then came back in and caught the ball illegally. Not saying it was the only factor in the outcome of the game, but the judgement no-call there was wrong.

Hahaha is this guy serious?

Ehhhhh, yeah, I did watch the play. Multiple times, from multiple angles. The DB was in perfect position. Textbook, right on the inside hip a half step ahead. Barely even laid a hand on him, treating the sideline like another defender with his head back at the QB. Not the first time I've said this, but if you actually know what you are looking at, you can clearly see through those goggles that he went OB, took 5 steps there, then came back in and caught the ball illegally. Not saying it was the only factor in the outcome of the game, but the judgement no-call there was wrong.

Interesting, as a defender you use the sideline as a defender, you do so by crowding your opponent towards the sideline.

In other words you force him to the sideline.

The MSU DB had his hand on Reilly, then inpeaded his ability to get to the ball.

So he should have been called for pass interference as well. Reilly had to go through him, to what was clearly a catchall ball, since that's what happened.

Either way the Huskers still had 2 plays to drive another what 20 or so yards after driving 70 something in two plays.

At the end of the day, don't put the game in the refs hands, and MSU did that.

Interesting, as a defender you use the sideline as a defender, you do so by crowding your opponent towards the sideline.

In other words you force him to the sideline.

The MSU DB had his hand on Reilly, then inpeaded his ability to get to the ball.

So he should have been called for pass interference as well. Reilly had to go through him, to what was clearly a catchall ball, since that's what happened.

Either way the Huskers still had 2 plays to drive another what 20 or so yards after driving 70 something in two plays.

At the end of the day, don't put the game in the refs hands, and MSU did that.
Good grief, we will agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Good grief, we will agree to disagree.
Which is what I was doing from the begin in until I was told to take my shaded glasses off.

Which is what I was doing from the begin in until I was told to take my shaded glasses off.

Look you are both biased. I think if the refs viewed the play they would side with Tyler. It was a bad call. Regardless, Michigan State should have blown them out. Nebraska isn't a good team, but they hung around and in the end pulled out a win.. Refs or not.

Look you are both biased. I think if the refs viewed the play they would side with Tyler. It was a bad call. Regardless, Michigan State should have blown them out. Nebraska isn't a good team, but they hung around and in the end pulled out a win.. Refs or not.

The refs did view the play, and they sided with the huskers... twice.

Like I said, from the begining, I can see it both ways.

I can see why it can be forced out, I can see why it was a bad call.

Either way MSU had multiple chances to win before and after that.

Nebraska isn't as bad as everyone thinks. They're defense is god awful, against the pass. Vegas says before the game they play like a 7-2 team. They've had 5 games decided in the final minutes.

And they had a massive scheme change on both sides of the ball.

Go back to after the Purdue game and I said the same thing.

Yup no debating that post, whether you are here for debate or not. Well said, despite someone not getting the hint. Have the last word.

Yup no debating that post, whether you are here for debate or not. Well said, despite someone not getting the hint. Have the last word.
Screw it.

I will.

I'll play that part.

/word.

At least we know who'll stay #1!
4 unbeaten teams went down yesterday. Next playoff poll is going to be interesting for sure.

Some "fans" are the absolute worst.

Some "fans" are the absolute worst.

No teams safe from people like this. Just like the death threats to Michigans kicker after the MSU game, some people take it a little or a lot too far. Same things happened to FSU kickers over the years for missing kicks as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back