Bad habits that creep in

Architex

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The cold
Anyone else have any bad habits that creep in over several rounds? I noticed in the last month I have started having a lot of push fades and even some outright slices. This is not normal for me. So I did some video and noticed I was too upright and my hands were too high at address. I went to PGASS and hit about 20 balls (it's been raining since Monday) and the worst miss I had was around 8 yards right using a 7 iron. But the majority were online and only off around 2-5 yards.

I really need to get better at recognizing these things so I don't become so frustrated with my game. Anyone else guilty of this?

for me my bad habit that creeps in is me standing too far from the ball. Which causes a lot of off toe shots. Don't know why I creep further away from the ball. And I don't even notice it.

My bad habit is letting my backswing get too long - when that happens it throws off the rest of my swing and I struggle to get as much power

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

#1. Standing too close to the ball with wedges and getting hosel rockets.
#2. Not completing backswing.

My bad habit is letting my backswing get too long - when that happens it throws off the rest of my swing and I struggle to get as much power

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
This is me completely. My other bad habit is steering the club on my putting. It leads to pull after pull.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Man I was just talking about this. My ENTIRE game turned into a bad habit when I stopped practicing and only played golf. By the end of the year everything was a mess. For 2018 I'm spacing the rounds out a bit more to have time between course days to "reset" the fundamentals with practice..

Sometimes in my quest to eliminate the left side and add height/spin I get too steep through the bag. The numbers are good but I find the misses are larger when I get steep.

I tend to get too stiff. And also I let my tempo get too fast. Among many other things that I’m not even aware of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a bad habit of putting my ball to far back in chips. No clue why I do this sometimes

for me my bad habit that creeps in is me standing too far from the ball. Which causes a lot of off toe shots. Don't know why I creep further away from the ball. And I don't even notice it.
Yep this is me too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

When I start trying to hit it too hard, I sometimes roll my wrists open. Completely counterproductive.

I find myself squeezing the grips too tight. A relaxed grip is so important.
I'm sure there are a lot of things that play into it but I'm guaranteed to get the low pull hooks/quackers at least a couple times a season, always fighting that.

I have a lot creep in over time. Stand too far from the ball, cast the club too early, get it in my putting setup. When I play a lot it's not so bad but as my golf time cuts back it gets bad.

I let the driver get flat and results in a nice pull hook

Standing too far away at address, letting my left arm bend too soon on backswing and lengthing my follow through.

Good to know this happens to others also. I think the hard part is stepping back and recognizing what is wrong.

Too often I find myself swinging with just my hands and arms with very little shoulder turn. It leads to all sorts of problems right down to my short game around the green

Bad habits creep in...but so do good ones. One replaces another and a golf swing, always in flux, will have a portion of each. Getting better, ironically, often entails feeling worse.

I have a few that haunt me, reverse pivot, bending my wrists on my back swing then coming through face wide az open, being too tense to name a few....It's a bad list. I'm working on it though.

I tend to start swaying instead of turning. Makes for a couple of interesting rounds before I have it figured out.

Alignment is always a struggle. I work on it every time I go to the range.

How much time do we have?

I'll start with my driver swing: bad transition and trying to swing too hard

Yeah, I start not turning my shoulders and artificially setting my wrists wrong. I've had entire rounds go WAY off the rails as a result.

Had a couple back surgeries 2 years a......ever since then my shoulders will get too quick and I get too steep if I’m not careful. It’s a subconscious way of protecting against pain that I played with for years.

Quick backswing. I completely lose tempo and everything becomes a disaster. If I significantly slow down in my backswing, I stay relaxed and can swing faster through impact.

Back