Star Wars Movies - What Order To Watch Them In

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Little debate going on right now about what order to watch the Star Wars movies in if you were to watch them all (not including 7).

George Lucas says you watch them 1 through 6.
Many people my age (in their 40s) say you watch them 4, 5, 6 and then 1, 2, 3. Essentially the way they were released.

So what say you? If you were to sit down and watch all of them, what order should you watch them in?

The mrs is doing this as we speak (started last night)

4-5-6-1-2-3

Nerfny and I had that debate a few weeks ago. We decided to go in this order, 4-5-6-1-2-3-4-5-6

I would start with 4, and end with 6.

No need to watch the first 3. But if you wanted to watch them all I would start with 4-6, then go back. I would never make it through all 6 if I started with 1.

THinking about this I would go 3-4-5-6-1-2

4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3; that is the order they were originally released and the way I saw them. I am also showing them to my daughter in that order.

I would go 4-5-6-1-2-3-7 as well just simply because of my age and the order in which I watched them.

Just finished the first 6, because my daughter wants to see the new one. She went thru them 1 thru 6. Once we got into 4, 5, and 6, she started saying things like, "So that's why Luke lives with his aunt/uncle." Or "Ewww! Leia just kissed her brother! "

• Admin
4, 5, 6, 7.

If you ignore 1 - 3 then you're not wasting 8 hours of your life.

As released so you can be disappointed with 1-3 just like the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I were to do it then I would go 4,5,6,1,2,3. although it technically should go 1 to 6 but the first three were so bad compared to 4-6 that if you started with them you wouldn't make it past 2 and wonder what all the fuss is about.

struggled with this myself introducing it to my kids. i ended up going against conventional wisdom and went 1,2,3,4,5,6. I figured the only way they're going to possibly like pod races and jar jar is when they're very young, and there's a little less story telling and acting in the prequels which might actually grab the attention of 6 year old's a bit more. My only real dilemma is it does remove the surprise of them being siblings,as well as Vader being their father...i hope i haven't ruined their childhood.

I would start with 4, and end with 6.

No need to watch the first 3. But if you wanted to watch them all I would start with 4-6, then go back. I would never make it through all 6 if I started with 1.

my thoughts exactly. there's nothing interesting in 1-3. although, have you seen the analysis that jar jar binks was supposed to be the sith lord controlling everything? it's kinda interesting.

Nerfny and I had that debate a few weeks ago. We decided to go in this order, 4-5-6-1-2-3-4-5-6

That is how I like to do it.

I would say order of release. Even if the prequels happen to fall before chronologically, there are things that happen in those movies that won't make much sense if you haven't seen the original trilogy. Plus, then you get to experience them in the same order the rest of us did!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Have to start with Episode IV.

Otherwsie, the entire series begins with a trade dispute, and no one knows what the heck is going on.

I just watch these in machete order, and that was pretty cool

Have to start with Episode IV.

Otherwsie, the entire series begins with a trade dispute, and no one knows what the heck is going on.

That's why I start with 3 to understand how Vader is who he is & once ESB hits you see the bigger picture, end with 6 to wrap it up & watch 1 & 2 for back story fill in

As much as it doesn't make "logical" sense, I think you have to go 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3...then re-watch 4, 5, 6 before hitting up the newest one in the theater.

No matter which order you watch them, The Force Awakens is outstanding.

I also watch the anti-cheeze versions of 123 as they take out the dumb fart/joke mentality of the first 3 and make them better imo. They change the voice of jar-jar, and the trade federation guys and add subtitles. Probably how it should have been. Watched 7 for the third time last night (love it).

Anti-cheeze;

The mrs is doing this as we speak (started last night)

4-5-6-1-2-3
I agree, perfect way, if only I could talk my wife into watching them all with me!

Back